Druids are now a religion! Wait what?!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2010, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2010 01:48 AM by Cetaceaphile.)
Druids are now a religion! Wait what?!!
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20101002/tuk-...a1618.html

I mean this just speaks for the hostility of Christians to native practices, even in civilized countries. The Pagan druids of the British isles who have been practicing their religion for Over 9000 (ya I did it) years have only just regained their status as being a religion.

I mean I don't exactly agree that religions should get special status like this, but I'm just angered at how the Religions of Peace have treated people who are different than them. Even to the point that in a country which has been 120 years secularist the native practices are only just being recognized again.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2010, 02:21 AM
RE: Druids are now a religion! Wait what?!!
Quote:a country which has been 120 years atheist
What country has been atheist for 120 years?:O

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
03-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Chart representing religious ideas in the United Kingdom.
Data from the British Social Attitudes survery produced by the National Centre For Social Research.

[Image: 800px-Bsa-religion-question.svg.png]

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic
03-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Meant to say Secularist. Was tired :|

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
04-10-2010, 10:56 AM

Actually, the United Kingdom is a Christian country with an established church, the Church of England though one would not really notice these days.

the Social Attitudes survey mentioned above is, of course, a bit of a delusion. In such surveys, people frequently answer the question about religion with something positive, RC or C of E for example rather than say atheist of of no religion. the churches in England would love the attendance that survey would suggest but it does not happen. RC gets about 1 million a week with the C of E slightly more. the UK is not a religious place anymore and that survey does, really give a wrong view.
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2010, 03:24 PM

I would venture to say that the Christian "religion of peace" is such in as much as those faithful to it will be able to live in peace, once the whole world is converted unto it. Just like the Muslim faith who's faithful declare the same thing about their beliefs; peace. A statement that "Fatwa's" resoundingly denounce as a bald faced lie.

But it all amounts to the same thing. Peace is accomplished only after world domination.

I think it speaks volumes that the Druid faith has finally been recognized as a religion, by the authority vested in a government that unites with one of the youngest monotheistic faiths on the planet.When it's all a matter of tax exempt privilege, that makes it all so very official now.
12-10-2010, 01:37 AM
(11-10-2010 03:24 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  But it all amounts to the same thing. Peace is accomplished only after world domination.

That is how Hitler tried to do it.
12-10-2010, 01:50 AM
It would work too if you killed anyone who didn't think the same as you, but it is an anti-human way to go about peace.

"Some of the worse things imaginable have been done with the best intentions."

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
12-10-2010, 02:28 AM

(12-10-2010 01:50 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  It would work too if you killed anyone who didn't think the same as you, but it is an anti-human way to go about peace.

"Some of the worse things imaginable have been done with the best intentions."

Isn't this what the Church of Rome was doing with its crusades and inquisitions?
12-10-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm not sure. I think they just wanted to own the setting of their book.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.