Druids are now a religion! Wait what?!!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2010, 05:55 PM
RE: Druids are now a religion! Wait what?!!
The Church did not have peaceful intentions for the Crusades. They intended to "liberate" the Holy Land from the heretics. I don't think they even made the pretense of peace, at least not in the first 2 Crusades. I'm not sure about the 3rd.

That said, after the 2nd Crusade the European powers did set up some settlements and camps and they tried to establish peaceful relations with the Arabs, but I suspect that was as much for basic survival as it was for any noble reason as they were hopelessly out numbered. The Christians were pretty much driven out of most of the permanent settlements by the end of the 13th century.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2010, 07:13 PM
RE: Druids are now a religion! Wait what?!!
(12-10-2010 01:37 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(11-10-2010 03:24 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  But it all amounts to the same thing. Peace is accomplished only after world domination.

That is how Hitler tried to do it.
Well, yes. Hitler was a Catholic after all. Believing he was doing god's will.

"Today Christians ... stand at the head of [this country]... I pledge that I never will tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity .. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit ... We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theater, and in the press - in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past ... (few) years."
Adolf Hitler (link), quoted in: The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, 1922-1939, Vol. 1 (London, Oxford University Press, 1942), pg. 871-872
Quote this message in a reply