Drummers and percussionist thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2016, 05:56 AM
Drummers and percussionist thread.
Hi guys. First in this thread I'd like to present a relatively unknown drummer, Zach Danziger. He is one of today's very best but is a bit under the radar. He had the opportunity to be "the latest thing" and turned his back on it.

He is highly individual in style and began in Michel Camilo's band, who wanted him to be a Dave Weckl clone. Others such as Eliane Elias wanted him. He said no.

He turned his back on it.

If ever you have seen the movie Hop, that is Zach on drums.
Check out this recording session.

And this video spotlight.

Make no mistake. He is one of today's top players. That you never heard of. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
23-01-2016, 02:51 AM (This post was last modified: 23-01-2016 05:03 AM by Banjo.)
RE: Drummers and percussionist thread.
At this time there are a number of drummers who are active in changing the vocabulary of the drumset. I don't mean they have the fasted technique on double bass etc. I mean conceptually. Mainly this is happening in New York. This drummer is one of them

Mark Hollenberg.

Smells like teen spirit, like you've never heard it before.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
23-01-2016, 05:08 AM (This post was last modified: 23-01-2016 05:14 AM by Banjo.)
One of the futuristic driving drummers. Chris Dave plays a kit made of a bass drum and snares. Nice to see a Sonor Signature there.

Seriously important early 21st century drummer. Listen to the approach to this old classic. This man keeps saying new things on this instrument.

Chris Dave.

Banjo.
27-01-2016, 06:08 AM
Here is a virtually unknown drummer, Nathaniel Townsley. Here he plays a funky solo that keeps the tune going. If you listen to the melody you can hear it in the solo.

Banjo.
27-01-2016, 06:15 AM
While looking forward we drummers must look back at what came before. Here is one of the most musical solos I have ever heard. The great Papa Jo Jones.

Banjo.
27-01-2016, 06:56 AM
I must of course feature my teacher, Mr Virgil Donati.

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
28-01-2016, 05:28 AM
Here is another under the radar drummer who is speaking to the future. Daentoni Parks. Truly an amazing player.

Banjo.
01-02-2016, 12:49 AM
There is only one Steve Gadd. Also known as Steve God. Wink

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
04-02-2016, 07:48 AM
The one and only Earl Palmer.

Banjo.
05-02-2016, 05:35 AM
After Earl one must feature Mr Hal Blaine. You have all heard him many many times.

Banjo.