Drummers and time.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: Drummers and time.
(18-10-2015 10:09 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Check these guys out. They can play!
Impressive.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
19-10-2015, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2015 12:44 PM by KidCharlemagne1962.)
As a bassist, time is essential in my playing. Nobody wants me pushing or pulling the music on the average gig. I have had very little issue with drummers of over the years in regards to keeping good time. Guitarist...well they're another thing all together.

When I have recorded, I used a click track. I have used a metronome since day one when practicing. My teacher was a stickler for using one to keep me honest and it payed off.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
20-10-2015, 05:20 AM

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
20-10-2015, 05:33 AM
(20-10-2015 05:20 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  

I cried my eyes out when Pocaro died. I was totally shattered.

For those not in the know, Jeff was the drummer in Toto who played the Rosana groove. A total master. His brother, the bass player, recently died from illness. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
20-10-2015, 05:39 AM
(19-10-2015 12:39 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  As a bassist, time is essential in my playing. Nobody wants me pushing or pulling the music on the average gig. I have had very little issue with drummers of over the years in regards to keeping good time. Guitarist...well they're another thing all together.

When I have recorded, I used a click track. I have used a metronome since day one when practicing. My teacher was a stickler for using one to keep me honest and it payed off.

Great advice from your teacher. Time is everything to me. If the drummer is wayward it is hard to keep it together. Same story if the percussionist constantly switches instruments rather than settling into the groove. Just play the congas motherfucker! Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
20-10-2015, 08:17 AM
(20-10-2015 05:39 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-10-2015 12:39 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  As a bassist, time is essential in my playing. Nobody wants me pushing or pulling the music on the average gig. I have had very little issue with drummers of over the years in regards to keeping good time. Guitarist...well they're another thing all together.

Great advice from your teacher. Time is everything to me. If the drummer is wayward it is hard to keep it together. Same story if the percussionist constantly switches instruments rather than settling into the groove. Just play the congas motherfucker! Smile

Using a metronome and knowing my scales were the best things I ever learned. A lot of new players don't want to put in time on the basics but you have to walk before you run.

A wayward drummer is a disaster. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post