Duck Dynasty finally pisses someone off over their religion. Took long enough!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Duck Dynasty finally pisses someone off over their religion. Took long enough!
'Duck Dynasty' star makes anti-gay remarks

Dec. 18, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
By Tim Molloy
TheWrap
"Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson is under fire for bashing gays in a GQ interview in which he grouped homosexuality with "drunks" and "terrorists."

After he complained that "everything is blurred on what's right and what's wrong ... sin becomes fine," the magazine asked what he considers sinful.

"Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there -- bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men," he said.

The remarks create a problem for A&E, the network that airs "Duck Dynasty." The show is cable's highest-rated reality show, and second-highest rated show overall after AMC's "The Walking Dead."

Also in the interview, Robertson paraphrased Corinthians: "Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers -- they won't inherit the kingdom of God. ... Don't deceive yourself. It's not right."

Then he offered some thoughts about anatomy.

"It seems to me, a vagina -- as a man -- would be more desirable than a man's anus," he said. "That's just me. I'm just thinking, 'There's more there! She's got more to offer.' I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I'm saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical."

Robertson also said he doesn't condemn people.

"We never, ever judge someone on who's going to heaven, hell. That's the Almighty's job," he told the magazine. "We just love 'em, give 'em the good news about Jesus -- whether they're homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort 'em out later, you see what I'm saying?"

GLAAD spokesman Wilson Cruz had an immediate response.

"Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe," Cruz said. "He clearly knows nothing about gay people or the majority of Louisianans -- and Americans -- who support legal recognition for loving and committed gay and lesbian couples. Phil's decision to push vile and extreme stereotypes is a stain on A&E and his sponsors who now need to reexamine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and families."

Robertson has said previously that the show downplays his religious views. He surprised some viewers earlier this year when a video emerged of him speaking out against abortion.

"Your mind is twice a valuable as your body. And your ears are twice as valuable as your mouth. People will pay you based on which you use." - A very smart old lawyer
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Duck Dynasty finally pisses someone off over their religion. Took long enough!
"You know what I'm saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical."

Ha! Something I agree with. The idea of sin is not logical. He didn't mean it that way. Oh well, maybe next time.

"Your mind is twice a valuable as your body. And your ears are twice as valuable as your mouth. People will pay you based on which you use." - A very smart old lawyer
[+] 1 user Likes PatThePoltergeist's post
18-12-2013, 05:40 PM
RE: Duck Dynasty finally pisses someone off over their religion. Took long enough!
I don't really care about their views though that's why I don't ever read the interviews. I watch their show because they are funny as hell. They have a right to believe whatever they want.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
18-12-2013, 05:41 PM
He's an old redneck from the swamps, who had a rather rough and tumble past. Did you really expect him to be progressive? I mean, the man prefers to live in a double wide when he could live in a damn mansion.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
18-12-2013, 05:55 PM
What's duck dynasty?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 8 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-12-2013, 05:57 PM
(18-12-2013 05:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Watts duck dynasty?

Basically the new Beverly Hillbillies.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-12-2013, 07:12 PM
I don't read their interviews or any of that either. I saw a youtube video or two a while back of them doing things in a church. With their fame and the old man's attitude I figured he would say something to cause a stir.

18-12-2013, 07:38 PM
(18-12-2013 05:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What's duck dynasty?

I wish that was my response. If you NEVER find out, you'll live a full life.

...says a fat white guy with a big beard and long hair who gets, "I'll bet you LOOOOOVE Duck Dynasty, don't you?"

I've seen a total of less than 5 minutes of these idiots. I'd like that month of my life back.
18-12-2013, 07:47 PM
(18-12-2013 05:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  He's an old redneck from the swamps, who had a rather rough and tumble past. Did you really expect him to be progressive? I mean, the man prefers to live in a double wide when he could live in a damn mansion.

Creatures that cannot adapt to change die out.

This man is clearly a fossil; a sad relic, a reminder of what those who cannot change among us look like and what we used to be (we're getting better). And for once, it's a fossil that we should leave behind.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
18-12-2013, 09:01 PM
You want to see something frightening, read the user comments at the bottom.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/242570...z2nsoXwvk6

Combine deep south culture, the Bible, gays, and fans of swamp people into one comment section, and it's guaranteed to be entertaining/frightening - filled with proper spelling and well thought-out ideas.

It's not about one American citizen's freedom of speech. It's a mouthpiece for a television product voicing bigoted statements. If Conan O'Brien told a reporter that he honestly supported the revival of slavery in America, do these people not think that TBS would have the right to sever ties with him?

I like the random "what about separation of church and state?" Yes? What about the separation of church and state? I have a sneaking suspicion that you're only shouting out talking points you've heard somewhere.

And of course, with all comment sections... someone blamed Obama.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."