Duck Dynasty finally pisses someone off over their religion. Took long enough!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2013, 12:48 PM
RE: Duck Dynasty finally pisses someone off over their religion. Took long enough!
(19-12-2013 11:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's his opinion.

He's entitled to it. Doesn't mean it's not bigoted, but he has a right to it.

People also have the right to disagree with his opinion.
Right to an opinon? Sure--we don't have thought police.

Right to verbalize all those opinions? Nope, definitely not a 'right'. Freedom of speech has limitations---and there are several Supreme Court cases about this. This particular story doesn't violate any of those verdicts, but it goes to show Freedom of speech =/= freedom from consequences.

And the AMC people did disagree with it, and did this by suspending him.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2013, 02:40 PM
RE: Duck Dynasty finally pisses someone off over their religion. Took long enough!
I don't get the point to the show. Undecided I mean, I get the point to lot's of "shows about nothing" like Seinfeld or whatever, where you at least know there's jokes and humorous situations coming, but when it comes to reality television it just seems boring. Confused
The guy on the show can have an opinion and the right to say it, but so can A&E. A&E isn't the government. If some Americans view A&E's censorship of homophobic attitudes as a censorship by government - then it just goes to show how distorted their reality is. Dodgy
As for thinking gays and terrorists are the same thing - WTF? Huh This is why I'm against religion - I mean, do these people really think being gay is the same as hijacking an airplane and taking out a skyscraper killing thousands of people? How is it that our species can think something as stupid as that yet still somehow land on the moon?

"There is a circle here that links us to one another: we each want to be happy; the social feeling of love is one of our greatest sources of happiness; and love entails that we be concerned for the happiness of others. We discover that we can be selfish together."
-Sam Harris
[+] 2 users Like Chase's post
19-12-2013, 03:03 PM
I think this is pretty funny, really. If you make a show following ''rednecks'' where the hook is... they're rednecks doing redneck things, don't be surprised when they say something a redneck would say.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 3 users Like Elesjei's post
19-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Facebook is going to completely melt down over this Duck Dynasty shit...now it's all about prayer...aw geez.

I had someone post that they supported Phil's right to pray and speak of his faith and I responded that A&E has the right not to pay him.

A&E is taking an ass-kicking over this. Ironically this loss of touch with reality has been caused by a reality show.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
19-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Another site for reading fun user comments.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...014&type=1

It's funny until I realize that these are average day citizens, walking around, voicing opinions, voting, influencing things that affect my life.

I like the fine line that A&E has to walk. Clearly they're pandering to the deep south and the religious with their program content, yet at the same time they have to still be based in reality and worry about sponsors leaving due to the behaviors of the deep south and the religious.

Oh yeah, and then there's this photo.

[Image: 1491649_257856841037951_830215538_n.jpg]

Because equating homosexuals to drunks and terrorists makes it MUCH better.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
19-12-2013, 03:23 PM
(19-12-2013 03:03 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  I think this is pretty funny, really. If you make a show following ''rednecks'' where the hook is... they're rednecks doing redneck things, don't be surprised when they say something a redneck would say.

Exactly
19-12-2013, 04:19 PM
(19-12-2013 03:20 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Another site for reading fun user comments.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...014&type=1

It's funny until I realize that these are average day citizens, walking around, voicing opinions, voting, influencing things that affect my life.

I like the fine line that A&E has to walk. Clearly they're pandering to the deep south and the religious with their program content, yet at the same time they have to still be based in reality and worry about sponsors leaving due to the behaviors of the deep south and the religious.

Oh yeah, and then there's this photo.

[Image: 1491649_257856841037951_830215538_n.jpg]

Because equating homosexuals to drunks and terrorists makes it MUCH better.
Well that just makes everything all better, doesn't it, Phil? It's GOD, not, you, who will do the killing and the torturing. Great scapegoat, asshole.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
20-12-2013, 04:25 AM
Uncle George Takei had the best response to this entire thing.

George Takei Wrote:Many fans asked for my thoughts on the "Duck Dynasty" controversy. They pressed and pressed, but I refused to quack.

But I can't duck this issue forever. I don't really care feather someone on a reality show said something about gays that didn't fit the bill. He's entitled to his opinion, even if it's for the birds. But the network also is worried about flocking with its base, so if it feels it should drake him over the coals for making his fowl comments, so be it.

So that's migrate opinion.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
20-12-2013, 04:51 AM
Liberal atheist metrosexual duck groomers.
Yawn....

I prefer the racist hillbilly retard duck murder show.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
20-12-2013, 06:12 AM
Eh, he can go f himself. He's a dying relic of the past anyway.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.