Duck Dynasty finally pisses someone off over their religion. Took long enough!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2013, 07:01 AM
RE: Duck Dynasty finally pisses someone off over their religion. Took long enough!
[Image: unclesi-94956494424.jpeg#unclesi]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
20-12-2013, 08:41 AM
RE: Duck Dynasty finally pisses someone off over their religion. Took long enough!
I'm seeing this pop up in my facebook feed:
[Image: Bb0y1g3IgAAcoxW.jpg]

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
20-12-2013, 08:56 AM
I have never watched Duck Dynasty. But I think banning Phil was probably the wrong thing to do.
This is reality TV, and bigotry is part of real life. Everyone has the right to be an asshole.
By banning him, you are making this guy a "martyr", and all the bigots will say that they
are victims of political correctness.
[+] 3 users Like black_squirrel's post
20-12-2013, 09:11 AM
(20-12-2013 08:56 AM)black_squirrel Wrote:  I have never watched Duck Dynasty. But I think banning Phil was probably the wrong thing to do.
This is reality TV, and bigotry is part of real life. Everyone has the right to be an asshole.
By banning him, you are making this guy a "martyr", and all the bigots will say that they
are victims of political correctness.

I think that was the point. Phil probably decided he no longer wanted to be on the show, so A&E sent him to an interview knowing what questions would be asked so they could "fire" him. Publicity stunt. Most of the fans have taken Phil's side. Dems and Reps who love Phil are going on about free speech. Then you've got people who are like, "I've never heard of it maybe I should check it out".
Or "I hate gays to, I'll check it out"
Or "I am a liberal but I support Phil's right to free speech maybe I'll check it out"
It reeks of publicity stunt.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
20-12-2013, 09:18 AM
(19-12-2013 03:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Facebook is going to completely melt down over this Duck Dynasty shit...

Sure...

[Image: 1531725_553871871364004_1195942537_n.jpg]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-12-2013, 12:10 PM
A&E is a Disney owned company. Disney is VIOLENTLY protective of their image. And they have a right to be.

The man is not up in a public street, or on a public airwave, or anything of the sort. The company is privately owned and operated and the parent company (Disney, in this case) gets to choose who they want on those airwaves and who they want to represent them. All the hate that people are stirring up in support of a man who is putting forth these views is just digging his grave deeper. Disney will not allow their image to be tarnished in this way until he apologizes or recants, and even then it's a toss-up. It makes them a lot of money, but it makes them look VERY bad to have this type of person represent their company.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
20-12-2013, 04:23 PM
(20-12-2013 12:10 PM)natachan Wrote:  A&E is a Disney owned company. Disney is VIOLENTLY protective of their image. And they have a right to be.

The man is not up in a public street, or on a public airwave, or anything of the sort. The company is privately owned and operated and the parent company (Disney, in this case) gets to choose who they want on those airwaves and who they want to represent them. All the hate that people are stirring up in support of a man who is putting forth these views is just digging his grave deeper. Disney will not allow their image to be tarnished in this way until he apologizes or recants, and even then it's a toss-up. It makes them a lot of money, but it makes them look VERY bad to have this type of person represent their company.

I had no idea that was on a private company. Yeah, people don't fucking understand, yeah you can say shit, but there are consequences for saying certain shit.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
20-12-2013, 05:57 PM

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
20-12-2013, 08:59 PM
"Today, Ian Bayne called Phil Robertson, star of the A&E series "Duck Dynasty," the 'Rosa Parks' of our generation."
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/ph...Z4naG.dpuf

20-12-2013, 09:01 PM
(20-12-2013 08:59 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  "Today, Ian Bayne called Phil Robertson, star of the A&E series "Duck Dynasty," the 'Rosa Parks' of our generation."
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/ph...Z4naG.dpuf

[Image: 3d40840d9044aad019196799c8e4ffa2_zpsbb3ae7c8.jpg]