Dueling with drink?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
12-08-2017, 07:01 AM
RE: Dueling with drink?
Love y'all.

I'll write more in a bit. I've put myself through hell these past few days. i have a feeling the symptoms I'm going to experience today are going to be highly unpleasant.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Cosmo's post
12-08-2017, 08:04 AM
(12-08-2017 07:01 AM)Cosmo Wrote:  Love y'all.

I'll write more in a bit. I've put myself through hell these past few days. i have a feeling the symptoms I'm going to experience today are going to be highly unpleasant.

Hope everything goes better than expected today.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 3 users Like RearViewMirror's post
12-08-2017, 09:20 AM
(12-08-2017 07:01 AM)Cosmo Wrote:  Love y'all.

I'll be thinking about you.

As for me I've got this ache-y joint pain going on in my knuckles, joint pain now an again is partly a side effect of my blood pressure medication, but it feels worst then normal.

Plus I've been in a real pissy mood the last few days.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
12-08-2017, 09:45 AM
Quote:There are also Nalmafene and Naltrexone which have a different mechanism and have been around for a while, are expensive and don't have any research supporting long term efficacy.

I watched a TED talk where a lady insisted that Naltrexone was what stopped her alcoholism in its tracks.

Quote:We went to one alcohol treatment center and the advisor told us that most alcoholics try to stop 50 times before they succeed

If I relapse fifty times I'm not gonna make it to 50. Laugh out load

I can say confidently what my trigger was for this particular relapse. It set me on a pretty nasty bender there. We have a column that we do, where we review wines, and at the end, the bottles are left for us to enjoy. One bottle of white, and one bottle of red.

Free alcohol. Free, good quality wine. Everyone left the room, and left me with the alcohol.

"Can you bring that with you to the story meeting when you come upstairs?" the host of the show asked me. I nodded coolly, but in my head I was terrified, because I knew what was coming. And... off to the races. I drank a smidgeon of wine, held myself together until the end of my shift, and proceeded to drink when I got home.

Now I'm worried about going into this column. Trying to cut out alcohol while being left with a free and expensive bottle of wine... it's just not conducive is all.

Hopefully I can go the whole week, so that I'm ready when it comes around again.

-Neil Degrasse Tyson
~ 0 ~
12-08-2017, 09:56 AM
Thumpalumpacus Wrote:Sometimes it's one day at a time. Sometimes it's one minutes at a time.

Right now it's one minute at a time.

Just hold on brother.

(12-08-2017 09:20 AM)unsapien Wrote:  I'll be thinking about you.

Likewise. Smile I'm sticking close by TTA today I think.

Quote:As for me I've got this ache-y joint pain going on in my knuckles, joint pain now an again is partly a side effect of my blood pressure medication, but it feels worst then normal.

That's no good. I find right now when I haven't drank for a while my heart can get to racing or palpitating or that my blood pressure can go skyrocketing.

Quote:Plus I've been in a real pissy mood the last few days.

That's no good. Hope your mood improves.

I'll try to help if I can.

Mental note: think of funny things to say today.

-Neil Degrasse Tyson
~ 0 ~
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
12-08-2017, 09:56 AM

-Neil Degrasse Tyson
~ 0 ~
12-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Folks,

I'm just reading and following the thread. Good thoughts to you all.

D.

PS - Dry today, which is good, as I was offered some medicinal herbs earlier on. Very easy to top up. Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
12-08-2017, 04:31 PM
(12-08-2017 09:45 AM)Cosmo Wrote:  If I relapse fifty times I'm not gonna make it to 50. :loNow I'm worried about going into this column. Trying to cut out alcohol while being left with a free and expensive bottle of wine... it's just not conducive is all.

Hopefully I can go the whole week, so that I'm ready when it comes around again.

Pour it down the drain. If you want to feel powerful, do that.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
12-08-2017, 04:39 PM
Wishing all of you luck. I never got to meet my grandfather because he destroyed his liver and died when my dad was 5.

Stay strong!

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
12-08-2017, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the well wishes.

Heading to bed. Added a +1. Staying as strong as I can

I'm sorry about that. I was very close with my grandfather. He lived a short bike ride away from me until I was about 11. My family hid the fact that he had a really serious drinking problem from me until they were sitting me down telling me why he was going to pass away, and to be prepared for his skin to be yellow. I was just a boy, so I didn't really understand.

I remember praying for him to be healed. Total faith that God could get it done.

God said no, I guess. That must be what they mean by childlike faith. I stopped making prayers like that as I got older.

Then one day I just stopped completely.

-Neil Degrasse Tyson
~ 0 ~
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post