Dueling with drink?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16-07-2017, 01:55 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2017 02:06 AM by Cosmo.)
RE: Dueling with drink?
Not at all. This thread is for anyone dueling with the drink. Please go ahead and celebrate any of the victories you have or struggles you're dealing with.

2 heads are better than 1. 5 heads are better than 2. Smile

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
16-07-2017, 02:38 PM
(16-07-2017 01:55 AM)Cosmo Wrote:  Not at all. This thread is for anyone dueling with the drink. Please go ahead and celebrate any of the victories you have or struggles you're dealing with.

Cosmo and Folks,

I was out today and got invited in for a smoke. In party mood I moved on to a bottle of wine. Oh well, still did the 7 days detox.Consider

Ups and downs.

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
16-07-2017, 02:50 PM
No worries, start counting again if you wish. We may be miles apart but we can be together on this effort.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
16-07-2017, 08:32 PM
(16-07-2017 01:55 AM)Cosmo Wrote:  Not at all. This thread is for anyone dueling with the drink. Please go ahead and celebrate any of the victories you have or struggles you're dealing with.

Okay, I'm in... tomorrow is day zero for me, because this has been churning in my head for far too long :

(15-09-2016 01:59 PM)unsapien Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 08:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  If you have to prove to yourself that you're not an alcoholic, you're an alcoholic. Drinking Beverage

Perhaps.

I've never had a person ever show me where the line was, to keep from crossing over it. So at one point in college, I decided to draw my own line.

I grew up in a family where alcohol was considered a fifth food group.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 2 users Like unsapien's post
16-07-2017, 10:02 PM
There is really no line, more of a comfort zone. If *not* drinking takes you out of a comfort zone, then perhaps the booze is in control of you and not vice-versa.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
16-07-2017, 11:50 PM
(16-07-2017 02:38 PM)Dworkin Wrote:  

Cosmo and Folks,

I was out today and got invited in for a smoke. In party mood I moved on to a bottle of wine. Oh well, still did the 7 days detox.Consider

Ups and downs.

D.

It happens. At least you had a slice of health for a bit there. I just finished day two.

Hope you can rally and start swinging again quick here. Smile

(16-07-2017 08:32 PM)unsapien Wrote:  

Okay, I'm in... tomorrow is day zero for me, because this has been churning in my head for far too long :

(15-09-2016 01:59 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Perhaps.

I've never had a person ever show me where the line was, to keep from crossing over it. So at one point in college, I decided to draw my own line.

I grew up in a family where alcohol was considered a fifth food group.

Welcome aboard! Smile Glad to have you with us!

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
17-07-2017, 01:03 AM
(16-07-2017 11:50 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  It happens. At least you had a slice of health for a bit there. I just finished day two.

Hope you can rally and start swinging again quick here. Smile

Thanks Cosmo,

A bottle of wine and no hangover; that has to be a positive.

OK, lets try for another few days, or whatever we can manage. "day two" sounds good to me. Thumbsup

D.
17-07-2017, 07:15 AM
(16-07-2017 10:02 PM)skyking Wrote:  There is really no line, more of a comfort zone. If *not* drinking takes you out of a comfort zone, then perhaps the booze is in control of you and not vice-versa.

^^^^^
17-07-2017, 07:37 PM
(16-07-2017 02:38 PM)Dworkin Wrote:  Cosmo and Folks,

Ups and downs.

D.

Yeah that's going to be the hurdle for me this Saturday, my boss is having everyone (& their spouses) at the office come over to his house for a barbecue , there's going to be beer, wine & everything.

It's a strange type of peer pressure that I feel that to say "I'm not going to have anything to drink" at a social gathering is going to make people think there's something wrong with me.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 3 users Like unsapien's post
18-07-2017, 02:05 AM
(17-07-2017 07:37 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Yeah that's going to be the hurdle for me this Saturday, my boss is having everyone (& their spouses) at the office come over to his house for a barbecue , there's going to be beer, wine & everything.

It's a strange type of peer pressure that I feel that to say "I'm not going to have anything to drink" at a social gathering is going to make people think there's something wrong with me.

unsapien,

Ain't that the truth!

When our daughter was born I did 7 yrs without alcohol; just felt right at that time. Lost count of the attempts to explain. Like you say, folks just assumed I had 'issues'. Huh

D.