Duh herro!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2012, 01:30 AM
Duh herro!
I have been looking for this forum for ages. I was beginning to think that there was no such thing.

Anyways, I'm what you call a "Freethinking atheist"? I think that is what this forum is for. I'm not sure if the "free" makes any difference compared to the name of this forum. I'm the type of person that can argue with myself by looking at all personal perspectives and different sides as well as with other people and come to a conclusion based on the logic that I get out of that which would be my version of the truth.

I'm a 16 years old male and became an atheist when I was about 13. It just hit me one day. I was always interested in science so I could have started doubting god earlier if I had noticed. I have been living in Ireland for eleven years, born in Canada and moved there two years ago? I started to become comfortable with atheism when my religion teacher asked the class to put up our hands if we don't believe in god and about 6-7 people put their hands up which made me very surprised coming from a very enforcing catholic country.

There.. An introduction now pass me mods so I can spam and start getting people's credit card information.. Just kidding Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2012, 04:39 AM
RE: Duh herro!
Welcome aboard fellow traveller.

Mine is 4525 7635 **** ****

Enjoy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-07-2012, 05:52 AM
Hi and welcome to TTA
Have an insightful stay

(19-07-2012 01:30 AM)Tezsch Wrote:  There.. An introduction now pass me mods so I can spam and start getting people's credit card information.. Just kidding Tongue

Look out
[Image: Eye-of-god-551.jpg]
Mod is watching you Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
19-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Hello there!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
19-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Greetings, Earthling.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-07-2012, 12:26 AM
(19-07-2012 01:30 AM)Tezsch Wrote:  I have been looking for this forum for ages. I was beginning to think that there was no such thing.

Anyways, I'm what you call a "Freethinking atheist"? I think that is what this forum is for. I'm not sure if the "free" makes any difference compared to the name of this forum. I'm the type of person that can argue with myself by looking at all personal perspectives and different sides as well as with other people and come to a conclusion based on the logic that I get out of that which would be my version of the truth.

I'm a 16 years old male and became an atheist when I was about 13. It just hit me one day. I was always interested in science so I could have started doubting god earlier if I had noticed. I have been living in Ireland for eleven years, born in Canada and moved there two years ago? I started to become comfortable with atheism when my religion teacher asked the class to put up our hands if we don't believe in god and about 6-7 people put their hands up which made me very surprised coming from a very enforcing catholic country.

There.. An introduction now pass me mods so I can spam and start getting people's credit card information.. Just kidding Tongue
Duh Herro to you too!
I argue with myself too, but never really win. Its better than being moulded by various forms of consensus anyway. Wink
21-07-2012, 12:26 AM
(19-07-2012 01:30 AM)Tezsch Wrote:  I started to become comfortable with atheism when my religion teacher asked the class to put up our hands if we don't believe in god and about 6-7 people put their hands up which made me very surprised coming from a very enforcing catholic country.
Hehe, I wonder how long before the religion teachers realise that asking a leading question like "Who doesn't believe in God?" is counter-productive for them Tongue Welcome Smile
21-07-2012, 01:39 AM
Freethought is a philosophical viewpoint that holds opinions should be formed on the basis of logic and reason and not authority, tradition, or other dogmas.[1][2][3]
The cognitive application of freethought is known as "freethinking,"
and practitioners of freethought are known as "freethinkers."

from wikipedia.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
21-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Welcome! This forum should be fine for you if you've been searching for one like it.

-summum ius, summa iniuria.-M. T. Cicero
-I will show you fear in a handful of dust.-T.S. Eliot
-
ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα