Dumb And Getting Dumber

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2017, 06:25 AM
RE: Dumb And Getting Dumber
(16-07-2017 01:47 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 11:50 AM)Dom Wrote:  Between that and propaganda dressed up as news or funny memes - we are sooo screwed.

What could we possibly get from all that fancy book learning? Drinking Beverage

Some humility I suppose. Never I was more categorical than before starting University and starting reading for real. Now I can quote Socrates and say that I know that I know nothing, back then I would scoff at it rather than used it.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
17-07-2017, 07:06 AM
RE: Dumb And Getting Dumber
(17-07-2017 01:06 AM)epronovost Wrote:  It's about the supremacy of a form of old school ''blue colar'' leadership with a strong overtone of machismo and xenophobia not about education, science or knowledge.

It's the appearance thereoff. It's a fact that the right is more authoritarian. They don't want people to aks questions. They don't want people to doubt leadership - when they are in power. The opposition can be questioned and derided at any time. The state should never be questioned.

It's a little more prevalent in the USA than in the rest of the Western world. An oath at school would be unthinkable in Europe.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post