Dumb Atheist Sayings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2016, 08:31 AM
RE: Dumb Atheist Sayings
[Image: wpid-img_20150327_091148.jpg]

Here, I scoured images but kept finding not really stupid enough things to qualify as dumb. I was actually looking for something dumb of David Silverman since I've seen plenty things of him saying I find dumb and often disagree with. But this is one, the whole "our side" bickering style of comments. Those are stupid. It makes thoughts and concepts about the world seem like low tier sports rivalries.

Like the kirk cameron & ray comfort duo of stupid was a flash in the pan and any real relevance to that outside of laughing at bananas these says is just kinda dumb. Even if they still are out there saying stuff I suppose those guys are.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
17-05-2016, 08:34 AM
(17-05-2016 08:31 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  [Image: wpid-img_20150327_091148.jpg]

Here, I scoured images but kept finding not really stupid enough things to qualify as dumb. I was actually looking for something dumb of David Silverman since I've seen plenty things of him saying I find dumb and often disagree with. But this is one, the whole "our side" bickering style of comments. Those are stupid. It makes thoughts and concepts about the world seem like low tier sports rivalries.

Like the kirk cameron & ray comfort duo of stupid was a flash in the pan and any real relevance to that outside of laughing at bananas these says is just kinda dumb. Even if they still are out there saying stuff I suppose those guys are.

Actually, I really like this one Laugh out load

It does miss the point because it overgeneralizes by equating atheism with a specific debate between religion and science. A better version of it is to say that:
Creationism is the belief that Kirk Cameron knows more about science than literally every evolutionary biologist, paleontologist, and paleobiologist.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
17-05-2016, 09:08 AM
(17-05-2016 08:27 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(17-05-2016 08:21 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  You believe particular qualities are bad, I believe the same particular qualities are not bad. In regards to subjective morality, neither of us are wrong or right, therefore no contradiction can exist.

Unless you want to claim that x qualities is objectively bad (morally that is), your appeal to contradictions doesn't hold. In fact if you subscribe to subjective morality, and claim this is a contradiction, you're the one who would be holding contradictory beliefs, which a bit of cognitive dissonance is preventing you from acknowledging.

Jesus tap-dancing Christ at the bullshit you spew forth.

The only one tap-dancing here is you, lol. Rather than address a post the clearly lays out the flaws in your previous argument, you attempted to change the topic, hoping no-one would notice.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
17-05-2016, 09:45 AM
(17-05-2016 09:08 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(17-05-2016 08:27 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Jesus tap-dancing Christ at the bullshit you spew forth.

The only one tap-dancing here is you, lol. Rather than address a post the clearly lays out the flaws in your previous argument, you attempted to change the topic, hoping no-one would notice.

You do realize that people can read the entirety of my reply to you and see that the above statement is an erroneous piece of shit, right? Consider

-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
17-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Aww man. I missed the whole atheist baby discussion Tongue.

I think it's already been covered by Undergroundp, but if we had a word (acomputerist) meaning "person who doesn't use computers". A newborn would indeed be an acomputerist. There is no need to know what a computer is, consciously choose to not use computers, or even have the ability to comprehend what a computer is to be a "person who doesn't use computers". The word atheism operates the same way. We aren't gaining babies in our ranks by pointing this out. We are making a point, and outlining what being an atheist actually is.

Anyways, I'll back up the notion of not liking when atheists express a strong reverence for science. "I believe in science" always irks me.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
17-05-2016, 11:36 AM
(16-05-2016 04:57 PM)jabeady Wrote:  Oh crap!
Dude, why do you take the time to write "Oh crap!" at the end of all your messages? In all honesty it appears as a rude way to interact with others and makes it seem like you are trying to be condescending or something. But I can't understand why you do it.

Edit: If you mean to have that as your signature, you can set that up on the User Control Panel.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
17-05-2016, 01:50 PM
(17-05-2016 09:45 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(17-05-2016 09:08 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  The only one tap-dancing here is you, lol. Rather than address a post the clearly lays out the flaws in your previous argument, you attempted to change the topic, hoping no-one would notice.

You do realize that people can read the entirety of my reply to you and see that the above statement is an erroneous piece of shit, right? Consider

Tommy's throwing one out for those legendary people who allegedly read these threads desperate for pearls of wisdom as we engage in high level debate, the lurkers, assuming that the said lurkers haven't read and are too lazy to check his claim to have "laid out the flaws in your argument". Not exactly got a high opinion of ye lurkers eh Tommy?

Tommy, I see, so your way of resolving the problem of evil is to assert an all powerful, evil God (or according to you a "good" God - one who loves people who kowtow to him, even the most heinous fuckhead like a mass-murderer, but who can't accept the most mild-mannered do-gooder who refuses to so bow. If that's your definition of good then keep your nasty God). Nothing wrong with that I guess Smile

Next question, how do you come to this knowledge. After all, your all powerful God acts very much like a God who isn't there. If he *does* interact with creation, please supply an example. If he *doesn't*, a. how didja figure out he exists b. he's functionally identical to atheism anyway, in terms of net effect on the universe, so fuck him Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
17-05-2016, 02:16 PM
(17-05-2016 01:50 PM)morondog Wrote:  Next question, how do you come to this knowledge. After all, your all powerful God acts very much like a God who isn't there. If he *does* interact with creation, please supply an example. If he *doesn't*, a. how didja figure out he exists b. he's functionally identical to atheism anyway, in terms of net effect on the universe, so fuck him Smile

You mean the life you see in front of you is functionally identical to atheism, but that's not the life I see. Because clearly we're not looking at the same things.

I see a life functionally identical to my theism, unavoidably in every area of my life that's truly important.

I see nothing identical to atheism, in a human life, in which it's most fundamental desire is the pursuit of truth and meaning. Nothing identical to atheism in a life not governed by a desire to survive, but in finding something to live for. Or an existence plagued by that nagging suspicion that there's something more to it, a chord that's faintly heard, but never fully conceived.

Only a handful of people such as yourself see the life in front of them as functionally identical to atheism, and I'm not one of them.

And I think those that see a life in front of them as identical to atheism are just sadly confused, though you likely imagine this is the other way around.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
17-05-2016, 02:20 PM
(17-05-2016 02:16 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(17-05-2016 01:50 PM)morondog Wrote:  Next question, how do you come to this knowledge. After all, your all powerful God acts very much like a God who isn't there. If he *does* interact with creation, please supply an example. If he *doesn't*, a. how didja figure out he exists b. he's functionally identical to atheism anyway, in terms of net effect on the universe, so fuck him Smile

You mean the life you see in front of you is functionally identical to atheism, but that's not the life I see. Because clearly we're not looking at the same things.

I see a life functionally identical to my theism, unavoidably in every area of my life that's truly important.

I see nothing identical to atheism, in a human life, in which it's most fundamental desire is the pursuit of truth and meaning. Nothing identical to atheism in a life not governed by a desire to survive, but in finding something to live for. Or an existence plagued by that nagging suspicion that there's something more to it, a chord that's faintly heard, but never fully conceived.

Only a handful of people such as yourself see the life in front of them as functionally identical to atheism, and I'm not one of them.

And I think those that see a life in front of them as identical to atheism are just sadly confused, though you likely imagine this is the other way around.

Exhibit A) A theist completely dodging a question and refraining from meeting their burden of proof

Drinking Beverage But TommyBoy isn't here to preach guys. This bullshit preachy shit he does is just jargon...

-Rick
17-05-2016, 02:22 PM
(17-05-2016 02:16 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

You're saying your boy *doesn't* interact with the universe, or *everything* that happens is him interacting with the universe?

Please just answer the question in one sentence: Does God interact with the universe and can you supply an example? Also, is your belief just a belief that arose from your squirelly brain, or do you have a *reason* for it?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post