Dumb Atheist Sayings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2016, 02:34 PM
RE: Dumb Atheist Sayings
(18-05-2016 02:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  your subjective definition of "good" is at odds with everyone elses.

You mean at odds with a handful of atheists. If most people believe in all powerful God that is Good, even though he allows evil to exists in the world, then clearly I wouldn’t be at odds with everyone else, lol.

Quote:A God who allows the kinda shit that goes down every day somewhere in the world, while having the power to prevent it, cannot be defined as good.

Such a God is already defined as Good, and that’s neither a factually incorrect statement, nor is at odds with the view of most people, who already subscribe to belief in such a God.

Quote:If your hypothetical civilisation requires worship and acknowlegement by their creations that they are "good" then they had better damn well provide evidence.

Ah okay so they're not evil, just because this civilization didn't remove all the suffering from the simulated version of our world, even when it’s within their power to do so. At best they're morally neutral in this regard, huh? You need more to make a moral judgement beyond this huh?

Quote:In other words, your waffle concealed your admission that God does not interact with the universe, then?

No, I’m pointing out that all proximate causes are incapsulated by ultimate causes. Or in other worlds all interactions in our universe are product of God's ultimate will and purposes.

Quote:So your faith is not based on any rational enquiry  No more questions your honour.

I don’t have faith that God exists, anymore so than I have faith that I exist. God’s existence is self-evident for me, so it requires no faith to believe God exists.

And since it’s self-evident, it wasn’t a product of any sort of rational deliberation. I have always believed a God of some sort exists, as early as I can remember, so clearly it wasn’t the end result of any rational deliberation, anymore so than the belief in my existence was.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2016, 02:37 PM
(18-05-2016 02:34 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 02:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  your subjective definition of "good" is at odds with everyone elses.

You mean at odds with a handful of atheists. If most people believe in all powerful God that is Good, even though he allows evil to exists in the world, then clearly I wouldn’t be at odds with everyone else, lol.

Quote:A God who allows the kinda shit that goes down every day somewhere in the world, while having the power to prevent it, cannot be defined as good.

Such a God is already defined as Good, and that’s neither a factually incorrect statement, nor is at odds with the view of most people, who already subscribe to belief in such a God.

Quote:If your hypothetical civilisation requires worship and acknowlegement by their creations that they are "good" then they had better damn well provide evidence.

Ah okay so they're not evil, just because this civilization didn't remove all the suffering from the simulated version of our world, even when it’s within their power to do so. At best they're morally neutral in this regard, huh? You need more to make a moral judgement beyond this huh?

Quote:In other words, your waffle concealed your admission that God does not interact with the universe, then?

No, I’m pointing out that all proximate causes are incapsulated by ultimate causes. Or in other worlds all interactions in our universe are product of God's ultimate will and purposes.

Quote:So your faith is not based on any rational enquiry  No more questions your honour.

I don’t have faith that God exists, anymore so than I have faith that I exist. God’s existence is self-evident for me, so it requires no faith to believe God exists.

And since it’s self-evident, it wasn’t a product of any sort of rational deliberation. I have always believed a God of some sort exists, as early as I can remember, so clearly it wasn’t the end result of any rational deliberation, anymore so than the belief in my existence was.

round and round the circular logic goes.

"If I define god as good then god is good regardless of what god does because god is good. And I know god is good because I just defined god as good, never mind that this would require me being hypocritical in that I would not define a human with god's qualities as good but I do define god as good. Why? Because god is good(?)" Thumbsup

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
18-05-2016, 02:40 PM
(18-05-2016 02:34 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

"I don’t have faith that God exists, anymore so than I have faith that I exist. God’s existence is self-evident for me, so it requires no faith to believe God exists."

Oh....you don't have "faith" god exists, you just believe it because you believe it because you hope it's true even though you have no evidence to corroborate that belief (which is what every other person would call "faith," but you're fucking special so you get to not use that word. Why? Because you know it makes your beliefs irrational and NOT equivalent in any way to reasons for disbelief in your god).

You're just like every other preaching theist, TommyBoy. You all say the same old shit. Drinking Beverage But you just lie about it on top of it.

-Rick
18-05-2016, 02:48 PM
(18-05-2016 02:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  Um... Sure, I can accept that one could perform atheist indoctrination.

I disagree though that it would require indoctrination for you to be an atheist.

It would, it might even make an interesting topic for me, how to make me an atheists.

I can see a scenario, it's unlikely to happen, but one that requires indoctrination. You isolate me from other theists, then get me to think of them in a bad light. You get me to believe it's shameful to believe what I do, that all the cool and intelligent kids are atheists. You get me to believe that I have to be delusional to believe in God, make me feel repulsed by it. You feed me anti-religious propaganda, get me to believe that religion is the root of all evil. That it's the cause of much of the worlds suffering and violence. That atheism is a cure, that if I'm not an atheist I'm a part of the problem. Get me to believe that I should only believe things that folks like Dawkins, Tyson, Hawkins believes, etc.....

Strip my identify in such away, that makes me want to talk like you, say things like you do, be like you, so I get boost up my rep points, and get everybody here to like me.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
18-05-2016, 02:50 PM
(18-05-2016 02:48 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 02:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  Um... Sure, I can accept that one could perform atheist indoctrination.

I disagree though that it would require indoctrination for you to be an atheist.

It would, it might even make an interesting topic for me, how to make me an atheists.

I can see a scenario, it's unlikely to happen, but one that requires indoctrination. You isolate me from other theists, then get me to think of them in a bad light. You get me to believe it's shameful to believe what I do, that all the cool and intelligent kids are atheists. You get me to believe that I have to be delusional to believe in God, make me feel repulsed by it. You feed me anti-religious propaganda, get me to believe that religion is the root of all evil. That it's the cause of much of the worlds suffering and violence. That atheism is a cure, that if I'm not an atheist I'm a part of the problem. Get me to believe that I should only believe things that folks like Dawkins, Tyson, Hawkins believes, etc.....

Strip my identify in such away, that makes me want to talk like you, say things like you do, be like you, so I get boost up my rep points, and get everybody here to like me.

Atheism isn't sadism. Laugh out load But it is funny that the first thing you think of with respect to "atheist indoctrination" sounds like religious indoctrination, especially among religious cults Laugh out load

-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
18-05-2016, 02:55 PM
(18-05-2016 02:40 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Oh....you don't have "faith" god exists, you just believe it because you believe it because you hope it's true

I don't hope or have faith that God exists, anymore so than I hope that I exist. I wasn't crossing my fingers as a kid hoping God exists. It's always been self-evident to me. In fact I believed that God existed, before I had faith in God, or any hope in God.

18-05-2016, 02:59 PM
(18-05-2016 02:55 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 02:40 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Oh....you don't have "faith" god exists, you just believe it because you believe it because you hope it's true

I don't hope or have faith that God exists, anymore so than I hope that I exist. I wasn't crossing my fingers as a kid hoping God exists. It's always been self-evident to me. In fact I believed that God existed, before I had faith in God, or any hope in God.

God is your imaginary friend Laugh out load

(You clearly don't realize just how stupid this sounds and how stupid it makes you look or how it's the same shite other theists spout off. More arrogant ignorance parading about as knowledge and enlightenment)

Why are you here again? What do you think anyone is getting out of the stupid shit you say? You think we haven't heard it all before? You think we haven't experienced the firsthand bullshit of religious beliefs? You think you have special mental powers we don't?

-Rick
18-05-2016, 03:11 PM
(18-05-2016 02:59 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 02:55 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I don't hope or have faith that God exists, anymore so than I hope that I exist. I wasn't crossing my fingers as a kid hoping God exists. It's always been self-evident to me. In fact I believed that God existed, before I had faith in God, or any hope in God.

God is your imaginary friend Laugh out load

(You clearly don't realize just how stupid this sounds and how stupid it makes you look or how it's the same shite other theists spout off. More arrogant ignorance parading about as knowledge and enlightenment)

Another common indoctrination technique. I'd imagine if I was insecure about my intelligence, it might have been a bit more effective. Get someone to believe what they do, makes them look stupid, get them embarrassed to believe what they do. Perhaps they'll stop believing what they do, not because they no longer find it to be true, but because they don't want to look stupid in front of others like yourself.

18-05-2016, 03:17 PM
(18-05-2016 03:11 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 02:59 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  God is your imaginary friend Laugh out load

Another common indoctrination technique. I'd imagine if I was insecure about my intelligence, it might have been a bit more effective. Get someone to believe what they do, makes them look stupid, get them embarrassed to believe what they do. Perhaps they'll stop believing what they do, not because they no longer find it to be true, but because they don't want to look stupid in front of others like yourself.

I don't give a shit if you do or don't believe, I just don't like dishonest people or arrogant people, and certainly not both. But you think I'm trying to indoctrinate you? Laugh out load

(I'll ignore the attempt at you complimenting yourself on your "intelligence" because that's too easy)

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
18-05-2016, 03:20 PM
"You're trying to indoctrinate me because you're mocking the stupid shit I say."

Laugh out load

Christians and their persecution complex Drinking Beverage

-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post