Dumb Atheist Sayings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Dumb Atheist Sayings
(18-05-2016 03:17 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I don't give a shit if you do or don't believe, I just don't like dishonest people or arrogant people, and certainly not both. But you think I'm trying to indoctrinate you?

Indoctrination technique number 2: Pretend like you're not trying to indoctrinate people, when trying to indoctrinate them.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2016, 03:27 PM
(18-05-2016 03:25 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 03:17 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I don't give a shit if you do or don't believe, I just don't like dishonest people or arrogant people, and certainly not both. But you think I'm trying to indoctrinate you?

Indoctrination technique number 2: Pretend like you're not trying to indoctrinate people, when trying to indoctrinate them.

It's a deep conspiracy. The only option you have is to fuck off and never come back Laugh out load

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
18-05-2016, 03:33 PM
(18-05-2016 03:25 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

I never heard this, but if anyone should know about these, it would be you.
Thanks. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-05-2016, 03:37 PM
(18-05-2016 03:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 03:25 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Indoctrination technique number 2: Pretend like you're not trying to indoctrinate people, when trying to indoctrinate them.

I never heard this, but if anyone should know about these, it would be you.
Thanks. Thumbsup

Apparently I'm already a master of these techniques without knowing! But Ol' TommyBoy is just too "smart" for me Laugh out load

-Rick
18-05-2016, 03:37 PM
(18-05-2016 03:27 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 03:25 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Indoctrination technique number 2: Pretend like you're not trying to indoctrinate people, when trying to indoctrinate them.

It's a deep conspiracy. The only option you have is to fuck off and never come back Laugh out load

Indoctrination technique number 3: Try and get rid of people in the group who seem impervious to your indoctrination techniques.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
18-05-2016, 03:41 PM
(18-05-2016 02:34 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  No, I’m pointing out that all proximate causes are incapsulated by ultimate causes. Or in other worlds all interactions in our universe are product of God's ultimate will and purposes.

So your faith is not based on any rational enquiry  No more questions your honour.

Have you ever once considered a spell checker ? Facepalm

Quote:I don’t have faith that God exists, anymore so than I have faith that I exist. God’s existence is self-evident for me, so it requires no faith to believe God exists.

Then you are not saved. Facepalm

Ephesians 2:8
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--"

Your haphazard deity is so random.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-05-2016, 03:43 PM
(18-05-2016 02:34 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I don’t have faith that God exists, anymore so than I have faith that I exist.

Me too.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-05-2016, 03:44 PM
(18-05-2016 02:34 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 02:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  your subjective definition of "good" is at odds with everyone elses.

You mean at odds with a handful of atheists. If most people believe in all powerful God that is Good, even though he allows evil to exists in the world, then clearly I wouldn’t be at odds with everyone else, lol.

Quote:A God who allows the kinda shit that goes down every day somewhere in the world, while having the power to prevent it, cannot be defined as good.

Such a God is already defined as Good, and that’s neither a factually incorrect statement, nor is at odds with the view of most people, who already subscribe to belief in such a God.

Quote:If your hypothetical civilisation requires worship and acknowlegement by their creations that they are "good" then they had better damn well provide evidence.

Ah okay so they're not evil, just because this civilization didn't remove all the suffering from the simulated version of our world, even when it’s within their power to do so. At best they're morally neutral in this regard, huh? You need more to make a moral judgement beyond this huh?

Quote:In other words, your waffle concealed your admission that God does not interact with the universe, then?

No, I’m pointing out that all proximate causes are incapsulated by ultimate causes. Or in other worlds all interactions in our universe are product of God's ultimate will and purposes.

Quote:So your faith is not based on any rational enquiry  No more questions your honour.

I don’t have faith that God exists, anymore so than I have faith that I exist. God’s existence is self-evident for me, so it requires no faith to believe God exists.

And since it’s self-evident, it wasn’t a product of any sort of rational deliberation. I have always believed a God of some sort exists, as early as I can remember, so clearly it wasn’t the end result of any rational deliberation, anymore so than the belief in my existence was.
So you haven't doubted your own existence?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
18-05-2016, 03:45 PM
(18-05-2016 03:44 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 02:34 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  You mean at odds with a handful of atheists. If most people believe in all powerful God that is Good, even though he allows evil to exists in the world, then clearly I wouldn’t be at odds with everyone else, lol.

Such a God is already defined as Good, and that’s neither a factually incorrect statement, nor is at odds with the view of most people, who already subscribe to belief in such a God.

Ah okay so they're not evil, just because this civilization didn't remove all the suffering from the simulated version of our world, even when it’s within their power to do so. At best they're morally neutral in this regard, huh? You need more to make a moral judgement beyond this huh?

No, I’m pointing out that all proximate causes are incapsulated by ultimate causes. Or in other worlds all interactions in our universe are product of God's ultimate will and purposes.

I don’t have faith that God exists, anymore so than I have faith that I exist. God’s existence is self-evident for me, so it requires no faith to believe God exists.

And since it’s self-evident, it wasn’t a product of any sort of rational deliberation. I have always believed a God of some sort exists, as early as I can remember, so clearly it wasn’t the end result of any rational deliberation, anymore so than the belief in my existence was.
So you haven't doubted your own existence?

Ha. Beat you by 1 minute. Ha.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-05-2016, 03:45 PM
(18-05-2016 03:37 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 03:27 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It's a deep conspiracy. The only option you have is to fuck off and never come back Laugh out load

Indoctrination technique number 3: Try and get rid of people in the group who seem impervious to your indoctrination techniques.

Yep, you're just too "intelligent" for me and my crafty atheist indoctrination. [/sarcasmfont]

Let me guess: indoctrination technique number 4, sarcasm intended to mask my indoctrination attempts? Laugh out load

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post