Dumb Atheist Sayings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2016, 12:09 PM
RE: Dumb Atheist Sayings
I'll pray for you
Me- "Ever gotten down on your knees, closed your eyes and prayed with a cracker in your mouth ?"

Yes I have
Me- "I've got something much better."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
14-05-2016, 12:20 PM
(14-05-2016 11:45 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(14-05-2016 11:25 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Can I say or insinuate all theists are gullible? Yes

You can say -- or insinuate -- whatever you wish Yes. I'm not the Speech Police, I'm just not keen on overbroad generalizations like the one I mentioned.

I was trying to tickle your funny bone... I obviously failed miserably. Weeping

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
14-05-2016, 12:29 PM
(14-05-2016 07:27 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  The correct response is, "OK, thanks." Unless you're really worried about their prayers that is.
That one also sounds a bit rude. I'd personally opt for "Thanks, I appreciate the thought", especially if the person you're talking to knows that you're an atheist.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
14-05-2016, 12:40 PM
(14-05-2016 12:29 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(14-05-2016 07:27 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  The correct response is, "OK, thanks." Unless you're really worried about their prayers that is.
That one also sounds a bit rude. I'd personally opt for "Thanks, I appreciate the thought", especially if the person you're talking to knows that you're an atheist.

Depends on how it is said. So long as it isn't said in a sarcastic tone, it isn't rude, at least not here in the states.
14-05-2016, 01:55 PM
(14-05-2016 11:36 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  The point is not about having babies on our side or prove that atheists are numerous. The point is to show that religion is taught and being a Christian is not something that just comes naturally. I actually had a Christian once tell me that even if he were born in India or Japan, he'd still become a Christian. Fate and all.

You can't imagine the non-existence of something until you first imagine it's existence. Therefore, atheism came *after* the rise of theism. This seems to imply that belief in god is more "natural" than nonbelief. Before then, the subject does not arise.

Try to teach a child about atheism before teaching them about theism. It took centuries of the development of mathematics before the concept of "zero" took root.

Oh crap!
[+] 1 user Likes jabeady's post
14-05-2016, 02:06 PM
(14-05-2016 01:55 PM)jabeady Wrote:  
(14-05-2016 11:36 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  The point is not about having babies on our side or prove that atheists are numerous. The point is to show that religion is taught and being a Christian is not something that just comes naturally. I actually had a Christian once tell me that even if he were born in India or Japan, he'd still become a Christian. Fate and all.

You can't imagine the non-existence of something until you first imagine it's existence. Therefore, atheism came *after* the rise of theism. This seems to imply that belief in god is more "natural" than nonbelief. Before then, the subject does not arise.

Try to teach a child about atheism before teaching them about theism. It took centuries of the development of mathematics before the concept of "zero" took root.

Oh crap!
That's a good point. If theism weren't so pervasive, we wouldn't need the word atheism at all. Afterall we don't have a word for "those people who don't believe in the existence of phoenixes". But since the word exists, we ought to be true to its definition.

Religion may be more natural to humans than non-religion. We are a very curious species. So curious in fact that we make up answers to things we don't know just to satisfy that curiosity.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
14-05-2016, 02:16 PM
(14-05-2016 01:55 PM)jabeady Wrote:  You can't imagine the non-existence of something until you first imagine it's existence. Therefore, atheism came *after* the rise of theism. This seems to imply that belief in god is more "natural" than nonbelief. Before then, the subject does not arise.

Oh crap!

Atheism may be a relatively new word in the history of humanity, but atheism as a thing that is, is not. Atheism simply means "without a god". When you are born, you have no religion, therefore you have no god, therefore you are an atheist. By definition. Not an organized member of an "atheist" group, not an anti-theist. An atheist. A person with no god.

There are people in the world who grew up without religion or without the concept of a god. Maybe they didn't call themselves atheists before knowing about religions, but they were atheists anyway. Don't confuse the word with the concept.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
14-05-2016, 02:18 PM
(14-05-2016 10:56 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Well

They all believe something stupid. Look at Ben Carson. The guy is a neurosurgeon, right? I don't have the aptitude for that I must confess but when he says the earth is 5000 years old and doesn't believe in evolution which IS biology the duality at play is incredible. I can't connect a clear a to b dot from theism to stupidity though but it is quacking like a duck. I think less of the person's critical thinking skills and that's tied in with intellect but that's as far as I can go. But then there's a base part of me that just laughs inside and thinks yes it means you're stupid...you know, like a gut reaction. I know it's not that simple and you're right though. So the duality is at play in me too I guess. Hmmm...

Ironic

I get what you're saying....

Ben Carson - brilliant neurosurgeon -- believes in some really boneheaded bullshit....

It's like a really beautiful woman - who laughs like a nasty old crone......It's like fingernails on a chalkboard.....

You want to like the guy - but the stupidity really puts ya off.............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-05-2016, 02:35 PM
I always disliked "Heaven would get boring". Not really, the default emotion would be eternal bliss, so no chance of getting bored.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
14-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Around here "And I'll think for you!" would just be confusing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user