Dumb Atheist Sayings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2016, 07:49 AM
RE: Dumb Atheist Sayings
Still waiting on TommyBoy to answer this question related to a claim he made:

Broad generalizations are useless. Especially those that artificially segregate populations of people. Demonstrate that the modern western world has more fears that cause parents to question religious and religious beliefs than:
1) the past western world
2) the modern eastern world
3) the past eastern world

And since you are the one saying that it is the western world "now" that has these fears, you'll need to be the one to define when the "past" and "modern" versions of the eastern and western worlds is. Past (not "now" but "then") = pre-20th century? etc, etc, etc)"

Ergo, what fears does the western world of "now" have that cause parents to question (the context here is religious beliefs) more than:
1) the past western world
2) the modern eastern world
3) the past eastern world

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2016, 07:53 AM
(24-05-2016 07:49 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Still waiting on TommyBoy to answer this question related to a claim he made:

I thought you were waiting to make more "your momma" jokes?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
24-05-2016, 07:55 AM
(24-05-2016 07:53 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 07:49 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Still waiting on TommyBoy to answer this question related to a claim he made:

I thought you were waiting to make more "your momma" jokes?

And you continue to dodge questions. Why? Because you can't actually back up yet another bullshit claim? Consider

Why are you here again? Drinking Beverage

-Rick
24-05-2016, 08:07 AM
(24-05-2016 07:55 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 07:53 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I thought you were waiting to make more "your momma" jokes?

And you continue to dodge questions. Why? Because you can't actually back up yet another bullshit claim? Consider

I'm not here to talk to you, and luckily most people here are not you, lol. You've already stated your intentions in regards to engaging with me, in which the question you ask are not even honest ones. Your only objective, in regards to myself that is, is to troll, till your hearts content, that seems to be the only purpose you serve with your responses.

Others who might do the same on occasions, often have their moments of pleasantry, you seem to be entirely absent of those moments.

So why should I answer your dishonest questions?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
24-05-2016, 08:09 AM
(24-05-2016 08:07 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 07:55 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And you continue to dodge questions. Why? Because you can't actually back up yet another bullshit claim? Consider

I'm not here to talk to you, and luckily most people here are not you, lol. You've already stated your intentions in regards to engaging with me, in which the question you ask are not even honest ones. Your only objective, in regards to myself that is, is to troll, till your hearts content, that seems to be the only purpose you serve with your responses.

Others who might do the same on occasions, often have their moments of pleasantry, you seem to be entirely absent of those moments.

So why should I answer your dishonest questions?

Continues to dodge and project criticisms he has received onto others. Drinking Beverage

You made the claim. You support it. And I am not the only one who constantly asks you why you're actually here. Because your preaching of your religious myth and faith is getting tiring. Even more so because of your dishonesty. Drinking Beverage

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
24-05-2016, 08:17 AM
(19-05-2016 09:03 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  A very fancy way of saying you cannot provide evidence, which I would define as physical changes left behind after interacting with the Universe -- you know, just like evidence for anything else.

So yea, like God's ectoplasm, or bigfoots foot prints. Which might make sense to someone who believes that God exist, the way others might believe that the Loch Ness Monster exists, where the belief in God's existence is the equivalent to a Divine-Ufo.

Also I'm not sure how a belief in an immaterial being, involves question of material traces of him.

I believe in a teleological existence, that why I believe in God. Your questions seems to be directed and someone who beliefs in some other idea of God than I do.

If the universe were teleological, existed for a purpose, that human life and history are a part of a story, has intrinsic meaning, that our lives are directed to something, that elicits our desire for meaning, and purposeful life, more so than surviving.

What would the evidence of purpose look like?

24-05-2016, 08:32 AM
(24-05-2016 08:17 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 09:03 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  A very fancy way of saying you cannot provide evidence, which I would define as physical changes left behind after interacting with the Universe -- you know, just like evidence for anything else.

So yea, like God's ectoplasm, or bigfoots foot prints. Which might make sense to someone who believes that God exist, the way others might believe that the Loch Ness Monster exists, where the belief in God's existence is the equivalent to a Divine-Ufo.

Also I'm not sure how a belief in an immaterial being, involves question of material traces of him.

I believe in a teleological existence, that why I believe in God. Your questions seems to be directed and someone who beliefs in some other idea of God than I do.

If the universe were teleological, existed for a purpose, that human life and history are a part of a story, has intrinsic meaning, that our lives are directed to something, that elicits our desire for meaning, and purposeful life, more so than surviving.

You believe because you want to believe, not for any rational reason.

Quote:What would the evidence of purpose look like?

Directed evolution would be evidence. There is no evidence of purpose.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
24-05-2016, 08:35 AM
(24-05-2016 08:09 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You made the claim. You support it.

Why? Because you need me to educate you on the difference between cultures from two different parts of the world, with their own unique histories, etc...? Probably not. It's not for the sake of you learning these things, that for sure. It's for the sake of having me waste my time with you, and I prefer not to.

Quote:And I am not the only one who constantly asks you why you're actually here. Because your preaching of your religious myth and faith is getting tiring. Even more so because of your dishonesty. Drinking Beverage

I'm here to preach my religious myth and faith, I mean why else would a theist be here right?

24-05-2016, 08:50 AM
(24-05-2016 08:17 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  So yea, like God's ectoplasm, or bigfoots foot prints. Which might make sense to someone who believes that God exist, the way others might believe that the Loch Ness Monster exists, where the belief in God's existence is the equivalent to a Divine-Ufo.

Your holy books claim that your god has physically interacted with the world. If this has happened or continues to happen, physical interaction would leave physical evidence.

(24-05-2016 08:17 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I believe in a teleological existence, that why I believe in God. Your questions seems to be directed and someone who beliefs in some other idea of God than I do.

You are welcome to believe in whatever unsubstantiated beliefs you want.
If you want to convince me though, you're going to need more than that.

(24-05-2016 08:17 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  If the universe were teleological, existed for a purpose, that human life and history are a part of a story, has intrinsic meaning, that our lives are directed to something, that elicits our desire for meaning, and purposeful life, more so than surviving.

IF. That's a pretty big IF. Human life and history are their own story. It is the story of our species. We are arrogant, greedy little primates and our self important delusions of grandeur do not become true simply because we want them to.

(24-05-2016 08:17 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  What would the evidence of purpose look like?

It would look like whoever considered it as evidence wanted it to look. Every religion or philosophy can define its purpose and create teleological evidence to support their case.

That is why we insist on physical evidence.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
24-05-2016, 09:04 AM
(24-05-2016 08:35 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 08:09 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You made the claim. You support it.

Why? Because you need me to educate you on the difference between cultures from two different parts of the world, with their own unique histories, etc...? Probably not. It's not for the sake of you learning these things, that for sure. It's for the sake of having me waste my time with you, and I prefer not to.

Quote:And I am not the only one who constantly asks you why you're actually here. Because your preaching of your religious myth and faith is getting tiring. Even more so because of your dishonesty. Drinking Beverage

I'm here to preach my religious myth and faith, I mean why else would a theist be here right?

"Why? Because you need me to educate you on the difference between cultures from two different parts of the world, with their own unique histories, etc...? Probably not. It's not for the sake of you learning these things, that for sure. It's for the sake of having me waste my time with you, and I prefer not to."

Why? Because you made an erroneous and bullshit claim through an overgeneralization that you can't or won't admit is rubbish. It isn't a matter of you "educating" me but you educating yourself.

"I'm here to preach my religious myth and faith, I mean why else would a theist be here right?"

That's why you're here, that much is clear. Did anyone ever claim that a theist's only reason for being here is to preach? No...no they didn't. But YOU have claimed to be here for other intentions when the discourse you engage in indicates otherwise. You are dishonest and stupid (I use this term to describe someone who is unwilling to learn. And you demonstrate time and time again that you've no interest in educating yourself. For instance, you don't even correct mistakes YOU make or admit to them. That is willful ignorance, stupidity, plain and simple). Drinking Beverage

-Rick