Dumb Christian Sayings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: Dumb Christian Sayings
The one Christian saying that really pisses me off is when someone tries william lane craigs

But at least in my theory there is a magician a rabbit and a hat to our charge that Christians appeal to magic to solve problems

1. That's not magic it's illusionism and misdirection
2. No one really believes the magician is using supernatural powers to do this

The other stupid comments that tend to follow are "you believe something poofed from nothing that's magic too

1. This is false no matter what fundies insist it's not a default position
2.Even if it were is it supernatural and done by a being if not how is it magic ?

pascal wager in a nut shell

god essentially wants a army of cowardly slaves who love it out of a selfish desire not to be punished and avoid said punishment by ideological luck
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2016, 10:33 PM
Another one is

You should accept my explanation merely "because It makes sense"

the general translation is i mentally masturbated some convoluted fairy tale that explains nothing but sounds nice if we're lucky they'll even include a syllogism as if that will resolve the issue which it never will

god essentially wants a army of cowardly slaves who love it out of a selfish desire not to be punished and avoid said punishment by ideological luck
22-06-2016, 10:35 PM
I believe in God. It doesn't become dumber than that.
22-06-2016, 11:27 PM
(22-06-2016 09:57 PM)Dracomalice Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 09:40 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  "God works in mysterious ways" is just a place holder phrase for ignorance. Science has them too. "Singularity" and "Dark Matter" are examples.

neither of these are placeholders for ignorance if your head was not so far up your ass youd know that

You should write a paper about these things and let people know what they are.....since you're obviously so much more knowledgeable than anyone else. You'd surely win a Nobel prize. What would you do with the prize money? Buy personality I hope.
22-06-2016, 11:46 PM
(22-06-2016 11:27 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 09:57 PM)Dracomalice Wrote:  neither of these are placeholders for ignorance if your head was not so far up your ass youd know that

You should write a paper about these things and let people know what they are.....since you're obviously so much more knowledgeable than anyone else. You'd surely win a Nobel prize. What would you do with the prize money? Buy personality I hope.

Have you nothing more to offer than a hissy fit?

Got proof of your god? No? STFUT.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
23-06-2016, 01:53 AM
(22-06-2016 11:27 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 09:57 PM)Dracomalice Wrote:  neither of these are placeholders for ignorance if your head was not so far up your ass youd know that

ring

I don't have to considering there are already thousands of preview papers on both these phenomenon telling us for the most part "what they are" by people who have noble prizes or at least a qualified for one doing more science than you every other internet wiseguy combined so once again save your clever commentary and faux skepticism

And to your second question I'd invent a time machine and go back and prevent your conception thus riding the universe of at least one Christian smartass then i would kill Hitler,steal a WW1 German helmet ,and give Napolean a wedgie

Oh and lastly my fecal matter has more personality then you and 10 thousand fundi broken records and more brains to boot as it would have thought of a better insult

[+] 2 users Like Dracomalice's post
23-06-2016, 03:30 PM
(21-06-2016 12:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-06-2016 12:18 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith" - President Dieter F. Uchtdorf of the LDS Church

Done that, now I got to the doubting my faith part...

That's exactly what happened to me.

☆☆☆
[+] 2 users Like CosmicRaven's post
23-06-2016, 04:14 PM
"You have to believe in something!"

...oh really? Who's going to make me?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
23-06-2016, 04:54 PM
(22-06-2016 11:46 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 11:27 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You should write a paper about these things and let people know what they are.....since you're obviously so much more knowledgeable than anyone else. You'd surely win a Nobel prize. What would you do with the prize money? Buy personality I hope.

Have you nothing more to offer than a hissy fit?

Got proof of your god? No? STFUT.

So he can act like a dick and somehow I am the bad guy for calling him out?
23-06-2016, 04:58 PM
(23-06-2016 01:53 AM)Dracomalice Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 11:27 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You should write a paper about these things and let people know what they are.....since you're obviously so much more knowledgeable than anyone else. You'd surely win a Nobel prize. What would you do with the prize money? Buy personality I hope.
ring

I don't have to considering there are already thousands of preview papers on both these phenomenon telling us for the most part "what they are" by people who have noble prizes or at least a qualified for one doing more science than you every other internet wiseguy combined so once again save your clever commentary and faux skepticism

And to your second question I'd invent a time machine and go back and prevent your conception thus riding the universe of at least one Christian smartass then i would kill Hitler,steal a WW1 German helmet ,and give Napolean a wedgie

Oh and lastly my fecal matter has more personality then you and 10 thousand fundi broken records and more brains to boot as it would have thought of a better insult

Sorry bro, nobody knows what a singularity is. Our physics breaks down in those conditions. A singularity is something we can't even begin to model. You simply do not know what you are talking about.

It is okay to have gaps in knowledge. I don't have a problem when science does it and I don't have a problem when religion does it.

Religious people say a lot of silly things, but "God works in mysterious ways" is not one of them. It is simply an admission that they do not know.