Dumb Christian Sayings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2016, 05:01 PM
RE: Dumb Christian Sayings
(23-06-2016 04:54 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  So he can act like a dick and somehow I am the bad guy for calling him out?

Heywood.
As someone who knows this forum intimately, I can honestly say, IMO you are the most worthless member.

You never offer valid arguments. You obviously do not know the bible, nor early xianity nor it's history. You know zero about evolution.

Basically, you've got nothing but insults.

Xenophobia is what xians and muslims are best at I suppose. Oh and hatred.

Why do you come here? Every time you do, you belittle your horrid religion more and more.

You are one of the worst ambassadors of xianity I have ever met. And I've met thousands.

You have proven yourself nothing more than a troll.

Well done. Thumbsup Laughat

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
23-06-2016, 05:42 PM
(23-06-2016 04:58 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 01:53 AM)Dracomalice Wrote:  ring

I don't have to considering there are already thousands of preview papers on both these phenomenon telling us for the most part "what they are" by people who have noble prizes or at least a qualified for one doing more science than you every other internet wiseguy combined so once again save your clever commentary and faux skepticism

And to your second question I'd invent a time machine and go back and prevent your conception thus riding the universe of at least one Christian smartass then i would kill Hitler,steal a WW1 German helmet ,and give Napolean a wedgie

Oh and lastly my fecal matter has more personality then you and 10 thousand fundi broken records and more brains to boot as it would have thought of a better insult

Sorry bro, nobody knows what a singularity is. Our physics breaks down in those conditions. A singularity is something we can't even begin to model. You simply do not know what you are talking about.

It is okay to have gaps in knowledge. I don't have a problem when science does it and I don't have a problem when religion does it.

Religious people say a lot of silly things, but "God works in mysterious ways" is not one of them. It is simply an admission that they do not know.

It is presupposition and therefore nonsense.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-06-2016, 09:51 PM
(23-06-2016 04:58 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 01:53 AM)Dracomalice Wrote:  ring

I don't have to considering there are already thousands of preview papers on both these phenomenon telling us for the most part "what they are" by people who have noble prizes or at least a qualified for one doing more science than you every other internet wiseguy combined so once again save your clever commentary and faux skepticism

And to your second question I'd invent a time machine and go back and prevent your conception thus riding the universe of at least one Christian smartass then i would kill Hitler,steal a WW1 German helmet ,and give Napolean a wedgie

Oh and lastly my fecal matter has more personality then you and 10 thousand fundi broken records and more brains to boot as it would have thought of a better insult

Sorry bro, nobody knows what a singularity is. Our physics breaks down in those conditions. A singularity is something we can't even begin to model. You simply do not know what you are talking about.

It is okay to have gaps in knowledge. I don't have a problem when science does it and I don't have a problem when religion does it.

Religious people say a lot of silly things, but "God works in mysterious ways" is not one of them. It is simply an admission that they do not know.

again it's you who is wrong as i have already said we know what a singularity is and yes we can model it so it once again you who doesn't know what were talking about

and no science has no placeholders so again your claim is false

pascal wager in a nut shell

god essentially wants a army of cowardly slaves who love it out of a selfish desire not to be punished and avoid said punishment by ideological luck
23-06-2016, 09:59 PM
(23-06-2016 09:51 PM)Dracomalice Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 04:58 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Sorry bro, nobody knows what a singularity is. Our physics breaks down in those conditions. A singularity is something we can't even begin to model. You simply do not know what you are talking about.

again it's you who is wrong as i have already said we know what a singularity is and yes we can model it so it once again you who doesn't know what were talking about

Ummm...no

Maybe when we have a quantum theory of gravity. Until then we are in the dark and we assign a phrase which lacks a scientific description to further along the conversation.
24-06-2016, 05:18 AM
(22-06-2016 09:40 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  "God works in mysterious ways" is just a place holder phrase for ignorance. Science has them too. "Singularity" and "Dark Matter" are examples.

Dark Matter is representative of the frontier of scientific study and exploration. In other (smaller) words, it represents an area that we are still learning about.

Singularity is too vague a term. You'll have to be more specific.
wiki wiki

However, WHEN, not if, but WHEN, we unlock the secrets of dark matter it will be through the application of science and not through muttered incantations on bended knee.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
24-06-2016, 05:19 AM
(23-06-2016 09:59 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Maybe when we have a quantum theory of gravity. Until then we are in the dark and we assign a phrase which lacks a scientific description to further along the conversation.

Which still works better than "god did it."

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
24-06-2016, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2016 10:57 AM by RobbyPants.)
(22-06-2016 09:40 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  "God works in mysterious ways" is just a place holder phrase for ignorance. Science has them too. "Singularity" and "Dark Matter" are examples.

Your massive tu quoque aside, is not only a place holder for ignorance, but is used to shield completely presuppositional, nonfalsifiable beliefs from scrutiny.

It's more of a "I don't know! It doesn't make sense to me, but stop asking questions!" than anything else.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
25-06-2016, 09:29 PM
(23-06-2016 09:59 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 09:51 PM)Dracomalice Wrote:  again it's you who is wrong as i have already said we know what a singularity is and yes we can model it so it once again you who doesn't know what were talking about

Ummm...no

Maybe when we have a quantum theory of gravity. Until then we are in the dark and we assign a phrase which lacks a scientific description to further along the conversation.
sigh

umm no

and once again your description of our current understanding of the status and function of dark matter is outdated and simply false we don't even need a theory of quantum gravity in current models you fool

god essentially wants a army of cowardly slaves who love it out of a selfish desire not to be punished and avoid said punishment by ideological luck
25-06-2016, 09:31 PM
(24-06-2016 05:19 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 09:59 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Maybe when we have a quantum theory of gravity. Until then we are in the dark and we assign a phrase which lacks a scientific description to further along the conversation.

Which still works better than "god did it."

indeed even if what i said above were false (his total lack of the current nature of the research) it still not even close to god did it."

25-06-2016, 10:35 PM
(24-06-2016 08:19 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

Your massive tu quoque aside, is not only a place holder for ignorance, but is used to shield completely presuppositional, nonfalsifiable beliefs from scrutiny.

It's more of a "I don't know! It doesn't make sense to me, but stop asking questions!" than anything else.

to right

ignoring what i have said above about woody ignorance of physics (fool thinks till we have a model of quantum gravity we can't describe dark matter almost died laughing) even if his blather were true

one would be term to describe a phenomenon with the full expectation of being held to the scientific method (regardless of creationist whining it does just this)

the other is a dodge to not have to answer tough questions and to maintain already held convictions by using the unknowable nature of invisible magic wizard