[Image: 4dd6a9c90fa00b58bfe7490e8e22cdb2.jpg]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-06-2016, 02:36 PM
RE: Dumb Christian Sayings
(26-06-2016 01:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  [Image: 4dd6a9c90fa00b58bfe7490e8e22cdb2.jpg]

Why are you apparently hiding in my church's Barnyard Roundup Vacation Bible School prep area?

C.hristians O.ediently P.reaching S.alvation: Whatcha gonna do when He comes for you?

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
26-06-2016, 04:11 PM
(26-06-2016 01:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  [Image: 4dd6a9c90fa00b58bfe7490e8e22cdb2.jpg]

Wow there is power in that blood, it can give bugs the ability to speak! I wonder what else that powerful blood can do? Can it allow someone to understand evolution and why we didn't come from monkeys? No? Oh well it's not that great then.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
26-06-2016, 04:37 PM
"you are depressed because you don't read bible"
"you are depressed beacuse you don't pray or talk to god"
[+] 1 user Likes rosechaos's post
26-06-2016, 05:05 PM
(26-06-2016 04:37 PM)rosechaos Wrote:  "you are depressed because you don't read bible"
"you are depressed beacuse you don't pray or talk to god"

I'm sorry you have to hear these words, I have also heard them. I've had family and friends tell me I would feel so much joy if I just went to church and prayed, my depression would just melt away but if anything it would most likely be a placebo effect, I'd go back to feeling down again later on. Religous belief is not an anti-depressant nor is atheism, only therapy or medication prescribed by a doctor can help. Please don't let anyone make you feel you are missing something without religion, you have gained much more. Hug

[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
26-06-2016, 05:12 PM
the funny part is that the religion is the main reason of my depression and anxiety ,but people will never believe this .
it's ok i'm not bothered it's kinda sarcastic because they ain't happy either just hoping to go heaven to be happy there
26-06-2016, 06:03 PM
(26-06-2016 05:12 PM)rosechaos Wrote:  the funny part is that the religion is the main reason of my depression and anxiety ,but people will never believe this .
it's ok i'm not bothered it's kinda sarcastic because they ain't happy either just hoping to go heaven to be happy there

I totally agree, it's all a big show for them. I felt so much better giving it all up, especially the whole Hell thing, used to keep me up at night. I mean whatever makes you happy but religion was not the answer for me.

27-06-2016, 08:14 AM
Sorry you've been told those things RoseChaos Sad Much like SitaSky, I've been told similar, but on the fear of death/eternity. "Well you were Saved weren't you? Why worry? Just pray and read the Bible." I hope that you don't have to wait for Heaven to be happy and that it can find you here on Earth as well.

--

"Colleges will make your kid lose faith", "Colleges brainwash kids for atheism", etc. I always hear refrains of this from Evangelical circles, and when I was a Baptist, we actually had a Sunday School class in Senior year where they gave us the "evil liberal atheist college professors will try to make you lose faith in God" talk. Just saw another post like this in a Catholic board I go to, about how colleges are totally brainwashing kids into atheism because U of Miami has the nation's first 'atheism chair' and he said bad things about religion.

Let me just share something about my university experiences across 3 states. My first section of any college course was an adjunct who was also a pastor who liked talking about his sermon ideas before class. I knew about the various denominations of Christian faith of all of my faculty, everywhere I got a degree. Some pushed it (looking at you Mormon faculty), some didn't (looking at you fellow Catholics). I had only one anti-theist prof (who was teaching one last summer session before moving to his daughter's and starting hospice care), and he was dying of cancer and pretty bitter about that; he was the only one who even somewhat fit the stereotype. That's not to say I've not had or worked with atheist profs, just that they're not out to cull people's belief. Kevin Sorbo isn't representative of my colleague C. who teaches Philosophy; C. isn't about to demand his students cease believing in God just because he doesn't believe in God.

The stereotypes of this line of reasoning and the persecution complex films they've inspired is little better than spiritual masturbation.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
27-06-2016, 08:55 AM

Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
27-06-2016, 08:59 AM
(27-06-2016 08:14 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Sorry you've been told those things RoseChaos Sad Much like SitaSky, I've been told similar, but on the fear of death/eternity. "Well you were Saved weren't you? Why worry? Just pray and read the Bible." I hope that you don't have to wait for Heaven to be happy and that it can find you here on Earth as well.

--

"Colleges will make your kid lose faith", "Colleges brainwash kids for atheism", etc. I always hear refrains of this from Evangelical circles, and when I was a Baptist, we actually had a Sunday School class in Senior year where they gave us the "evil liberal atheist college professors will try to make you lose faith in God" talk. Just saw another post like this in a Catholic board I go to, about how colleges are totally brainwashing kids into atheism because U of Miami has the nation's first 'atheism chair' and he said bad things about religion.

Let me just share something about my university experiences across 3 states. My first section of any college course was an adjunct who was also a pastor who liked talking about his sermon ideas before class. I knew about the various denominations of Christian faith of all of my faculty, everywhere I got a degree. Some pushed it (looking at you Mormon faculty), some didn't (looking at you fellow Catholics). I had only one anti-theist prof (who was teaching one last summer session before moving to his daughter's and starting hospice care), and he was dying of cancer and pretty bitter about that; he was the only one who even somewhat fit the stereotype. That's not to say I've not had or worked with atheist profs, just that they're not out to cull people's belief. Kevin Sorbo isn't representative of my colleague C. who teaches Philosophy; C. isn't about to demand his students cease believing in God just because he doesn't believe in God.

The stereotypes of this line of reasoning and the persecution complex films they've inspired is little better than spiritual masturbation.

kevin sorbo was not an atheist in that movie. he was just angry at god. it was the most ridiculous strawman "atheist" ive ever seen. i laughed out loud when he finally snapped and yelled "because he let her die!", referring to his wifes death and god allowing it.