Dumb Christian Sayings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2016, 02:23 AM
RE: Dumb Christian Sayings
(04-03-2016 12:34 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Every time they open mouth to talk about abortion, euthanasia or same sex marriages there is chance of hearing something stupid.

FIXED!

.... of course now it's true about everyone. Confused
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
04-03-2016, 04:32 AM
"He/she was a good christian."..............as if that somehow means that a person is good per se.

I remember my mother using this phrase quite recently, when someone she knew of had been found guilty of a serious crime. "But he was a good christian man!" she stated as if this made his crime all the more unbelievable. I gently pointed out to her that the prisons are full of "good christians" as are the churches with their embezzlers, paedophiles etc.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
04-03-2016, 06:02 AM
(03-03-2016 10:45 PM)EppurSiMuove Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 10:34 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  My favorite is along the lines of, "Once I was in a car crash. A really bad one. No airbags and the thing rolled twice. Knocked out the teeth on the left side of my face, broke both legs, an arm, seven ribs and disslocated my eyeballs."

"Good thing God was watching out for me or I might have died!"

Living in Oklahoma, this has to be the worst for me. Every damn day someone is thanking Glob for letting them survive a disaster that any rational person would realize he could have prevented in the first place.
EDIT: ..IF he actually existed Wink

Yeah, after a series of tornadoes last year, a telephone pole gets broken in half while still suspended by the power lines to it, therefore gawd! Facepalm

[Image: telephone-pole1-1024x512.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
04-03-2016, 06:31 AM
Xtian commenting on someone dying -- "He's in a better place now".

Technically this could be true -- but only if you start in Pittsburgh or Gary Indiana.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
04-03-2016, 06:37 AM
"It's the Christian thing to do...."

Yabut, what's the right thing to do?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
04-03-2016, 06:38 AM
Let go and let god.

(Yeah, there's an effective plan.)

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
04-03-2016, 06:40 AM
" Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Jesus Christ?"
04-03-2016, 06:41 AM
(04-03-2016 06:38 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Let go and let god.

(Yeah, there's an effective plan.)

I'll use that one next time I see a xtian hanging on to the edge of a cliff by their fingernails......

We'll see how it goes....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
04-03-2016, 07:37 AM
"I know god exists because of *mundane, naturally explained phenomenon*"
Even worse still;
"Everyone knows/believes in god/jesus"
[+] 1 user Likes Gordon Blue's post
04-03-2016, 08:05 AM
"You don't get into heaven by works; it's by grace."

"So, if I believe in Jesus, I can do what I want?"

"No, you still have to repent of your sins."

"I thought that it was by grace, and not my actions."

"No, you still totally have to do and not do certain things, but those don't count as 'works'."

Apparently "works" is "actions taken other than the actions that get you into or keep you out of heaven". So, to put it another way "You don't get into heaven by actions that have nothing to do with you getting into heaven. It's grace, and actions that get you into heaven.". So, I guess heaven is Tautology Club. And we know the first rule of Tautology Club is the first rule of Tautology Club!

So far as I can tell, the whole "grace not works" thing combined with the weird definition of "works" is to satisfy yet another contradiction in the Bible, because it flat-out says both. So, I guess we just redefine "works" until both make sense. Pretty much the same as God's all-loving nature, and the Trinity.
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post