Dumb Christian Sayings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2016, 08:16 PM
RE: Dumb Christian Sayings
"If evolution is true then why are there still monkeys? Therefore Jeebus"

This one drives me nuts because not only is the statement inaccurate, but they are two totally different questions.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
14-03-2016, 03:51 AM
(03-03-2016 08:04 PM)Seeking_Truth Wrote:  Don't forget the classic: "God works in mysterious ways". The "get out jail" card of christianity.

Which of course doesn't mesh with how many of the faithful who claim to know exactly what god wants and wants from you specifically, who he hates, who we are supposed to hate, who you are allowed to love, what you do with your genitals, and in what positions you're allowed to have sex in... Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
11-05-2016, 02:46 PM
Here’s a piece from BigThink on

"Everything happens for a reason" is my very least favorite thing for someone to say. It is bad philosophy, bad theology, bad thinking, and bad advice. It manages to combine the maximum of ignorance with the maximum of arrogance. “

http://bigthink.com/the-proverbial-skept...1462977253

"In The Sirens of Titan, Kurt Vonnegut imagines a fictional religion called The Church of God the Utterly Indifferent, which exists to avoid the very conceit against which I am arguing. This is their prayer:

"O Lord Most High, Creator of the Cosmos, Spinner of Galaxies, Soul of Electromagnetic Waves, Inhaler and Exhaler of Inconceivable Volumes of Vaccum, Spitter of Fire and Rock, Trifler with Millenia - what could we do for Thee that Thou couldst not do for Thyself one octillion times better? Nothing. What could we do or say that could possibly interest Thee? Nothing.

Oh, Mankind, rejoice in the apathy of our Creator, for it makes us free and truthful and dignified at last. No longer can a fool like me point to a ridiculous accident of good luck and say, “Somebody up there likes me."

I love Kurt Vonnegut Thumbsup “Church of God the Utterly Indifferent” Bowing

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
11-05-2016, 03:18 PM
"Pray about it!"

"I talk to God every day. "

"God told me to [insert verb]."

"If he brought me to it, he'll bring me through it."

"LIke and share for Jesus. Ignore for satan." (Facebook)

"God doesn't allow anything we can't handle."
[+] 3 users Like CosmicRaven's post
12-05-2016, 05:58 AM
(11-05-2016 03:18 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  "LIke and share for Jesus. Ignore for satan." (Facebook)

Maybe I should start posting "hail Satan!" in the comments. It might become a bit of a self-correcting problem.

(11-05-2016 03:18 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  "God doesn't allow anything we can't handle."

It's amazing the shit people have been able to handle, over the ages. It's a good thing all of the slaves were able to handle slavery, and all of the Jews were able to handle the holocaust. God would have been a dick if they hadn't been able to.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
12-05-2016, 10:00 AM
I hate it when I do something good for someone and they tell me at the end of our conversation "god bless you" I just cut the conversation when they tell me that stupid phrase they make me not want to help them ever again. Next time someone says "if it's god's will I will do this or that" I am going to tell them It is not god's will it is your will. I also hate it when they thank god for good things they did in life like graduating or getting a reward, god had nothing to do with the work and effort they put into it. It's stupid to think an invisible man was invisibly opening doors for you without you having to do a thing, and worse when you work your ass off to later thank someone who had nothing to do with your hard work effort and dedication. Think about it humans, if a good god really existed we wouldn't be living in this fucked up world full of evil.
12-05-2016, 10:05 AM
(12-05-2016 10:00 AM)smileyjose86 Wrote:  I hate it when I do something good for someone and they tell me at the end of our conversation "god bless you" I just cut the conversation when they tell me that stupid phrase they make me not want to help them ever again. Next time someone says "if it's god's will I will do this or that" I am going to tell them It is not god's will it is your will. I also hate it when they thank god for good things they did in life like graduating or getting a reward, god had nothing to do with the work and effort they put into it. It's stupid to think an invisible man was invisibly opening doors for you without you having to do a thing, and worse when you work your ass off to later thank someone who had nothing to do with your hard work effort and dedication. Think about it humans, if a good god really existed we wouldn't be living in this fucked up world full of evil.

20 years ago I stopped to change a tire along I 95 in Miami area for a couple of nuns. "You are such a Christian" The cursed me with. "Nope," I replied "those are the Christians driving past to get to their prayer meetings."
12-05-2016, 10:07 AM
If god really exists and is a benevolent god may he strike me dead at this very moment before I can even finish this thread. See Nothing happened that means that if he really exists he's evil. What more proof do you all want?
12-05-2016, 10:07 AM
(11-05-2016 02:46 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Here’s a piece from BigThink on

"Everything happens for a reason" is my very least favorite thing for someone to say. It is bad philosophy, bad theology, bad thinking, and bad advice. It manages to combine the maximum of ignorance with the maximum of arrogance. “

http://bigthink.com/the-proverbial-skept...1462977253

"In The Sirens of Titan, Kurt Vonnegut imagines a fictional religion called The Church of God the Utterly Indifferent, which exists to avoid the very conceit against which I am arguing. This is their prayer:

"O Lord Most High, Creator of the Cosmos, Spinner of Galaxies, Soul of Electromagnetic Waves, Inhaler and Exhaler of Inconceivable Volumes of Vaccum, Spitter of Fire and Rock, Trifler with Millenia - what could we do for Thee that Thou couldst not do for Thyself one octillion times better? Nothing. What could we do or say that could possibly interest Thee? Nothing.

Oh, Mankind, rejoice in the apathy of our Creator, for it makes us free and truthful and dignified at last. No longer can a fool like me point to a ridiculous accident of good luck and say, “Somebody up there likes me."

I love Kurt Vonnegut Thumbsup “Church of God the Utterly Indifferent” Bowing

I preferred his Bokaninism church. For years I told people I was a Bokaninist. I don't even remember right now which book of his it was, though I could bring it to the front of my memory if I had to.
12-05-2016, 10:08 AM
(12-05-2016 10:07 AM)smileyjose86 Wrote:  If god really exists and is a benevolent god may he strike me dead at this very moment before I can even finish this thread. See Nothing happened that means that if he really exists he's evil. What more proof do you all want?

hahahahahahahahahahaha stupid god!!!!