Dumb Cops Okay, Smart Folks Need Not Apply!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2013, 12:14 AM
Dumb Cops Okay, Smart Folks Need Not Apply!
New ruling allows Police Departments to discriminate against smart people. Why is this an issue? Because Police Departments are doing it apparently.

Here
is the full story with annoying video advertisement.

And Here is the shortened version on Reason.

WTF is wrong with the fucking judges?

It ticks me off that a certain percentage of employees MUST be minorities at large companies, people should be hired on merit and qualifications, but this is a whole new level of idiocy.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 12:24 AM
RE: Dumb Cops Okay, Smart Folks Need Not Apply!
I've had a few experiences with cops in my days. Seems about par for the course.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
02-05-2013, 03:53 AM
They'd have a point if they weren't the police.
You don't join the police for a part time job, you do it because you wanna give back to the community [insert other sapping reasons happy fun times rainbows and lolly pops] etc...

I don't see why he would have any reason to "get bored" and leave above that of everyone else.

It is 'Merica though. You guys do enjoy only giving weapons to dumb people, look at your military for example.
Too stupid to pump gas? Have a m16!

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
02-05-2013, 10:11 AM
(02-05-2013 03:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  They'd have a point if they weren't the police.
You don't join the police for a part time job, you do it because you wanna give back to the community [insert other sapping reasons happy fun times rainbows and lolly pops] etc...

I don't see why he would have any reason to "get bored" and leave above that of everyone else.

It is 'Merica though. You guys do enjoy only giving weapons to dumb people, look at your military for example.

http://www.facethefactsusa.org/facts/tan...and-gowns/

Additionally,
http://www.npr.org/2012/08/18/158505630/...o-military

You're talking absolute shit again. Which degree do you have again, muffs?

02-05-2013, 10:15 AM
It is essentially the same thing as being rejected for a job for being overqualified. That is, if you apply for a job with a degree where none is required, you may not get the job. And it becomes increasingly likely the more degrees you have (masters and/or a PhD). The same reasoning is applied, that the person who has an advanced degree won't stick around long enough to justify the cost to train them, use them, and then lose them so as to have to fill their open spot with additional training.

But don't forget, corporations are here to help you, they only have your best wishes in mind. Drinking Beverage

Evolve
02-05-2013, 10:22 AM
(02-05-2013 10:11 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  You're talking absolute shit again.

That's why we love him Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
02-05-2013, 10:41 AM
(02-05-2013 10:11 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 03:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  They'd have a point if they weren't the police.

http://www.facethefactsusa.org/facts/tan...and-gowns/

Additionally,

Well considering my personal experience with American military personal, ie: you, can I hardly be blamed for thinking they're just giving weapons to any idiot?
Didn't think so.

Also your second link is hardly proof of what you're trying to say.
The fact that it's news worthy that undergrads are joining the military enhances my point.

Also, my degree at least gives me some understanding on how things work, whatever degree you have, if any, I think it would be worth my time to email them and complain that they appear to be giving them out like candy. Much like the armed forces with guns.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
02-05-2013, 01:48 PM
(02-05-2013 10:11 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Which degree do you have again, muffs?

BS of Assholery with a minor in douchebag. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-05-2013, 01:49 PM
(02-05-2013 01:48 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 10:11 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Which degree do you have again, muffs?

BS of Assholery with a minor in douchebag. Angel

A BA in Business with a minor in modern art?

Evolve
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
02-05-2013, 05:56 PM
(02-05-2013 10:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 10:11 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  http://www.facethefactsusa.org/facts/tan...and-gowns/

Additionally,

Well considering my personal experience with American military personal, ie: you, can I hardly be blamed for thinking they're just giving weapons to any idiot?
Didn't think so.

Also your second link is hardly proof of what you're trying to say.
The fact that it's news worthy that undergrads are joining the military enhances my point.

Also, my degree at least gives me some understanding on how things work, whatever degree you have, if any, I think it would be worth my time to email them and complain that they appear to be giving them out like candy. Much like the armed forces with guns.

So, if the numbers don't agree with your sentiments then it's my fault for being dumb and misrepresenting the military and thereby defeating your very broad generalization.

Additionally, the very fact they the numbers are being reported strengthens your claim that is in opposition to the fact.

And you call me dumb Hobo

Some people may think your/you're normal, but most of us know your/you're a little queer. Laughat Get it? Hehehe. Tongue