Dumbass creationists don't know how evolution works

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Dumbass creationists don't know how evolution works
Latley, in school, I've been getting harrassed by creationists. They've been calling evolution "stupid" and that "it doesn't make sense". They'e been saying "So wait, your beleif is that 200 years ago ,there were fish that decided to go on land, and they wanted to turn into trees, so they did, and then the trees turned into monkeys, and then the monkeys turned into man because they wanted to? Doesn't make any sense"

I tried to explain how evolution works, with natural selection, and genetic mutation, and that it was MORE THAN 200 YEARS AGO YOU IDIOTS, IT STARTED 4 BILLION YEARS AGO, and they just looked at me with blank, ignorant faces as I was explaining the process. Obviously, such a complicated subject is beyond their intelligence. I guess it goes to show, you can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Anyways, since I can't use reason to deal with these morons, how do I deal with such ignorant, uneducated simpletons?

I've got 2 tulpas, Taunav and Eris. If you don't know what a tulpa is, read this.
http://community.tulpa.info/thread-kiahd...-to-tulpas
If Taunav has anything to say, he'll be speaking in []
If Eris has anything to say, she'll be speaking in {}
If you think I'm insane, I don't care
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2013, 09:52 PM
RE: Dumbass creationists don't know how evolution works
(06-01-2013 09:41 PM)My proboscis sucks Wrote:  Latley, in school, I've been getting harrassed by creationists. They've been calling evolution "stupid" and that "it doesn't make sense". They'e been saying "So wait, your beleif is that 200 years ago ,there were fish that decided to go on land, and they wanted to turn into trees, so they did, and then the trees turned into monkeys, and then the monkeys turned into man because they wanted to? Doesn't make any sense"

I tried to explain how evolution works, with natural selection, and genetic mutation, and that it was MORE THAN 200 YEARS AGO YOU IDIOTS, IT STARTED 4 BILLION YEARS AGO, and they just looked at me with blank, ignorant faces as I was explaining the process. Obviously, such a complicated subject is beyond their intelligence. I guess it goes to show, you can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Anyways, since I can't use reason to deal with these morons, how do I deal with such ignorant, uneducated simpletons?

Hey, I just logged on to tell you that there is no real way to deal with stupidity. Stupidity is easier than knowledge and that's why it will never fully die.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
06-01-2013, 09:56 PM
[Image: 146015212888537442_WUJRWILd_c.jpg]

That is all.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 8 users Like Vosur's post
06-01-2013, 09:57 PM
(06-01-2013 09:52 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(06-01-2013 09:41 PM)My proboscis sucks Wrote:  Latley, in school, I've been getting harrassed by creationists. They've been calling evolution "stupid" and that "it doesn't make sense". They'e been saying "So wait, your beleif is that 200 years ago ,there were fish that decided to go on land, and they wanted to turn into trees, so they did, and then the trees turned into monkeys, and then the monkeys turned into man because they wanted to? Doesn't make any sense"

Hey, I just logged on to tell you that there is no real way to deal with stupidity. Stupidity is easier than knowledge and that's why it will never fully die.

Welcome back.

Now... stay, boy, STAY!

Heart

06-01-2013, 10:03 PM
(06-01-2013 09:41 PM)My proboscis sucks Wrote:  Lately, in school, I've been getting harassed by creationists. They've been calling evolution "stupid" and that "it doesn't make sense".

... how do I deal with such ignorant, uneducated simpletons?

You say...
"You're right. That does not make sense. Luckily that is not the theory of evolution. Something changing just because it wanted to requires spells, incantations and prayer and that would be called the theory of magic."

Then, smile politely and walk away.

Thumbsup

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
06-01-2013, 10:10 PM
I remember a time when I thought I was witty as a YEC for disagreeing with evolution with the whole, "Well if 1% of dna can make a different species or creature... how do you know that being 97% identical to apes makes us actually related, HUH?" until I finally realized later on in life how dumb that was. My teacher said nothing and stared at me. I thought I totally stumped him, but more than likely he probably was just biting his tongue and doing a facepalm in his head wondering how I got so stupid.

For those who are fundamentalists, literalists or young earth creationists.... comprehending anything else can be nearly impossible and in some circumstances where they are subjected to it daily due to their family or living conditions may not break from it until later in life when they're on their own and have to decide things for themselves.

Don't let it make you afraid to make points... but remember that you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar. At that age a really well put case that makes sense or can apply on a personal level can be a very good argument. Analogies, examples and something that can help.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
06-01-2013, 10:27 PM
(06-01-2013 09:41 PM)My proboscis sucks Wrote:  Anyways, since I can't use reason to deal with these morons, how do I deal with such ignorant, uneducated simpletons?

You used reason and they didn't instantly fall at your feet, begging forgiveness and telling you how they were waiting to hear reason all along? No? Really??? That's because it's very rare that people will admit they're wrong or change their minds. Such change happens gradually, if it all. Get used to it.

You'll want to read The Debunking Handbook. It's a short read and very helpful for figuring out exactly how to use reason properly to convince others of your viewpoint (but again, expect failure regardless).

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2013, 02:20 AM
(06-01-2013 10:03 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(06-01-2013 09:41 PM)My proboscis sucks Wrote:  Lately, in school, I've been getting harassed by creationists. They've been calling evolution "stupid" and that "it doesn't make sense".

... how do I deal with such ignorant, uneducated simpletons?

You say...
"You're right. That does not make sense. Luckily that is not the theory of evolution. Something changing just because it wanted to requires spells, incantations and prayer and that would be called the theory of magic."

Then, smile politely and walk away.

Thumbsup
I do it similarly, but I don't leave them hanging. Not entirely. I say "Exactly! That doesn't make sense because that's not how evolution works. At all. Not even close. I'm glad we agree on this point. Now, if you want to really talk about it, you should find out from an actual scientist how evolution works. Or from me; I'll be glad to teach you. Then, when you know what evolution is, if you still think it's wrong, only then will we actually disagree and I'll be glad to discuss that with you since, only then, will we finally both know what we're talking about."

Then I'll walk away.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post