Dungeons and Dragons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Dungeons and Dragons
Would anyone like to do a D&D group on the forum? I have a decent idea how we could run it and would be willing to do some DM duties. I would want at least 4-5 other people and maybe 1 or 2 co-DM's who could tag in and out (I run an adventure then next time I am a player and someone else DM's). If you are at all interested please post and maybe we can give it a go.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2014, 03:32 PM
RE: Dungeons and Dragons
That's actually a thought that's crossed my mind, too.

... this is my signature!
01-03-2014, 03:34 PM
The eighties called. They want their brain back. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-03-2014, 03:35 PM
(01-03-2014 03:34 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The eighties called. They want their brain back. Dodgy

The 1800s called. They want Cantor back. Dodgy

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
01-03-2014, 03:51 PM
I'm interested. What genre would it be? LotR fantasy? Medieval fantasy? Steampunk? 18-1900s Cthulhu horror fantasy? Cyberpunk? Space opera?

I'd vote for Cthulhu horror. I wouldn't mind going insane and seeing what happens.

I'd also vote for a very simple character sheet, with little to no "dice rolls". More roleplaying than pen/paper/calculator.

I'd suggest starting off with a short campaign, to test the waters. It would be lame to start something long with people dropping out half way through. If it succeeds, just continue on from there to something larger.
01-03-2014, 04:00 PM
(01-03-2014 03:51 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  I'm interested. What genre would it be? LotR fantasy? Medieval fantasy? Steampunk? 18-1900s Cthulhu horror fantasy? Cyberpunk? Space opera?

I'd vote for Cthulhu horror. I wouldn't mind going insane and seeing what happens.

I'd also vote for a very simple character sheet, with little to no "dice rolls". More roleplaying than pen/paper/calculator.

I'd suggest starting off with a short campaign, to test the waters. It would be lame to start something long with people dropping out half way through. If it succeeds, just continue on from there to something larger.

Well I was just testing the waters first before picking a setting and I am planning on using as little dice as possible since that will bog a forum game down. As far as campaigns go I am thinking about doing one off adventures like a cave or a dungeon or whatever for a while just to work out the kinks and then we can see where we go.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-03-2014, 04:04 PM

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
01-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Dungeons and Dragons? Really? Now? No? Why not? YES.

The fact that I don't have any friends who like it has been bothering me lately. I really really want to play Big Grin

It's been some years since I last played though and I'm not extremely experienced. I'd need some help in the beginning.

But I'm totally in.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
02-03-2014, 01:44 AM
I always figured this forum was already an exercise in rolpeplaying.
If you don't mind someone who can only check in about twice a day tops, I'm in.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
02-03-2014, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 09:57 AM by Revenant77x.)
So I was looking for a quick and easy system to run and came across this. http://livingfree.wikidot.com/rbh-creating-a-character

I think it will work well with what I am trying to do, at least at the beginning. It is very flexible so if you want to run a story in a different setting (say call of cthulhu) you could transfer it over. It also lets you set you character up how you want from the beginning (armor and looks etc) rather than having to grind it out just so your badass warrior isn't wearing cheap chainmail.

As for how the games are going to work what I propose is we basically just use the board and pm system like we do in mafia. The DM will type in colored bolded text for flavor and reg bolded text for encounters.

IE: You enter the room and see 2 doors, one to the east and one to the west. To the south is a large chest, standing before it is a pack of 3 goblins wearing ragged leather armor and holding various weapons, most of which are badly rusted or indeed broken.

Goblin 1 attacks cjlr's character (would be the character name) with his rusted short sword. He hits and does 2 damage.

Goblin 2 runs forward and trips falling on his own weapon and doing 4 damage. He dies.

Goblin 3 taps his broken staff on the floor and begins chanting. A blue aura surrounds him.

Then all the players would post their intents and the DM would handle hits and damage. Say cjlr decides he is going to bash that goblin that poked him with his mace. I or whoever was dming would roll his hit and damage and post the result along with the rest of the group.

Any individual actions (say a thief wants to go off and rob a city while the rest of the group is hitting a tavern) would be handled in pm's.