Dungeons and Dragons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2014, 08:40 PM
RE: Dungeons and Dragons
(12-03-2014 08:21 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 08:17 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Feats:
Static bubble (shields whole group for 2 turns. Only once per battle.) X

Skills: (I think a few of my skills aren't gen 4...)
knowledge X, nature, arcane, religion (I am an messiah. JK.), spellcraft.
Use magic device X (not available at lvl 1).

Spells:
Discharge punch:
Stuns enemy for 1 round and 2 dmg. X not a level 1 spell
Bolt:
+4 dmg and can redirect to 2 other enemies for +1 dmg. (takes 1 turn to charge.)
Static armor: X Not a Lvl 1 spell
+4 ac for 2 turns, stuns enemy if touched by a body. takes 2 turns to recharge.
Static Enchantment: Temporarily increases the dmg of a weapon by 2, and takes 1 turn to charge. (That has metal.) X Not a Lvl 1 spell

Also 2nd Ed you get 1 lvl 1 spell as a first class mage.

Weapons:
Javelin: +2 dmg X Regular weapon (non-enchanted) only
So you approve of this:
Skills:
Nature, arcane, religion, and spellcraft. (do I have to add more skills?)
Spells:
Lightning bolt
Weapons: Regular Javelin.

Page 245 of that pdf is the list of lvl 1 spells Lightning is like a lvl 4 or 5 spell.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2014, 08:44 PM
(12-03-2014 08:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 08:21 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  So you approve of this:
Skills:
Nature, arcane, religion, and spellcraft. (do I have to add more skills?)
Spells:
Lightning bolt
Weapons: Regular Javelin.

Page 245 of that pdf is the list of lvl 1 spells Lightning is like a lvl 4 or 5 spell.
K, I can't access it right now.
I switched to my nook.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
12-03-2014, 08:47 PM
(12-03-2014 08:44 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 08:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Page 245 of that pdf is the list of lvl 1 spells Lightning is like a lvl 4 or 5 spell.
K, I can't access it right now.
I switched to my nook.

BTW you do realize that your xp is going to be split (I'll let you choose how) so going duel class will take a lot longer to level up. Probably not an issue for a while but eventually you may find yourself very behind the rest of the party.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-03-2014, 08:49 PM
(12-03-2014 08:33 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  I'm removing my hat from the ring. Have fun guys.

I was hoping for more role play than pen and paper.

Ok thanks for letting us know now.

12-03-2014, 08:51 PM
(12-03-2014 08:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 08:44 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  K, I can't access it right now.
I switched to my nook.

BTW you do realize that your xp is going to be split (I'll let you choose how) so going duel class will take a lot longer to level up. Probably not an issue for a while but eventually you may find yourself very behind the rest of the party.

Wait, I can acess it from my nook.
My top canidates:
Enlarge
Find familiar
Magic missile
Burning hands
Shocking grasp
Unseen servant
Charm
Which one should I pick?

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
12-03-2014, 08:56 PM
(12-03-2014 08:51 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 08:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  BTW you do realize that your xp is going to be split (I'll let you choose how) so going duel class will take a lot longer to level up. Probably not an issue for a while but eventually you may find yourself very behind the rest of the party.

Wait, I can acess it from my nook.
My top canidates:
Enlarge
Find familiar
Magic missile
Burning hands
Shocking grasp
Unseen servant
Charm
Which one should I pick?

That depends on you. I personally like the charm spell but burning hands would be good in melee. I would not go with find familiar as it is a one time spell (well until the familiar leaves or is killed) and it will be a long time before you get a second spell. Any of the others however are useful if you are clever about their application.

12-03-2014, 08:56 PM
(12-03-2014 08:33 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  I'm removing my hat from the ring. Have fun guys.

I can recall several sessions which began with some of the players drawing up character sheets with almost unbearable tedium.

Then we almost never used them.

You never know. But it's your call, naturally.

... this is my signature!
12-03-2014, 08:58 PM
(12-03-2014 08:56 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

I can recall several sessions which began with some of the players drawing up character sheets with almost unbearable tedium.

Then we almost never used them.

You never know. But it's your call, naturally.

Yeah I am going to try and avoid dungeon crawls and hack n slash and be more about strategy and rp'ing but hey like I said I would rather he bounce now than decide he doesn't want to do it after we have started.

14-03-2014, 07:34 AM
Dungeons and Dragons
How could I have forgotten the experience of herding cats that is D&D?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
14-03-2014, 07:41 AM
(14-03-2014 07:34 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  How could I have forgotten the experience of herding cats that is D&D?

Yeah it gets better once the laser pointer is out, but in the beginning it is a little bit of a clusterfuck.

As a side note I have a wordfile AD&D Character Sheet I can e-mail you to fill out. If you need help doing so I can lend you a hand. Once I get everyones sheets up I think we can start giving this a real go and I will start a stickied thread for the Play by post game.