Dungeons and Dragons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2014, 10:01 AM
RE: Dungeons and Dragons
(02-03-2014 01:44 AM)Caveman Wrote:  I always figured this forum was already an exercise in rolpeplaying.
If you don't mind someone who can only check in about twice a day tops, I'm in.

This is going to be a slow paced game in some respects but it will be going on all the time. If we are in a combat situation and you know you can't post you could allow either the DM or another player to enter your actions. I have played D&D on message boards before and it generally moves along at a steady pace. Slower than live gaming but since you only would do a live game once a week at most it tends to even out.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
02-03-2014, 11:39 AM
(02-03-2014 10:01 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(02-03-2014 01:44 AM)Caveman Wrote:  I always figured this forum was already an exercise in rolpeplaying.
If you don't mind someone who can only check in about twice a day tops, I'm in.

This is going to be a slow paced game in some respects but it will be going on all the time. If we are in a combat situation and you know you can't post you could allow either the DM or another player to enter your actions. I have played D&D on message boards before and it generally moves along at a steady pace. Slower than live gaming but since you only would do a live game once a week at most it tends to even out.

If a player drops out, you could always say "Character fainted during combat" or "Character has taken ill and returned to camp."

When the player returns, just pretend the character came drudging up from the rear, rejoining the party. To make it somewhat fair, any loot or perks rewarded while they were away won't be attributed to them. Unless if in game characters want to share of course.
02-03-2014, 11:59 AM
(02-03-2014 11:39 AM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  
(02-03-2014 10:01 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This is going to be a slow paced game in some respects but it will be going on all the time. If we are in a combat situation and you know you can't post you could allow either the DM or another player to enter your actions. I have played D&D on message boards before and it generally moves along at a steady pace. Slower than live gaming but since you only would do a live game once a week at most it tends to even out.

If a player drops out, you could always say "Character fainted during combat" or "Character has taken ill and returned to camp."

When the player returns, just pretend the character came drudging up from the rear, rejoining the party. To make it somewhat fair, any loot or perks rewarded while they were away won't be attributed to them. Unless if in game characters want to share of course.

Yeah could do that. I figure we will play it by ear.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
02-03-2014, 06:23 PM
omfg....
Should I be ashamed that I still own 20-, 12-, 10-, 8-, 6-, & 4-sided dice?
Facepalm

02-03-2014, 06:25 PM
(02-03-2014 06:23 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  omfg....
Facepalm

I wish I knew where mine were. I had some really cool blue and black mottled dice.

[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
02-03-2014, 06:34 PM
(02-03-2014 06:25 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(02-03-2014 06:23 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  omfg....
Facepalm

I wish I knew where mine were. I had some really cool blue and black mottled dice.

I had 2 sets once upon a time lol
One black with blood red numbers, one red with black numbers. Just 1 20-sided left out of that proud bunch Tongue I don't even know where the others came from :/

03-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Hello!

Read this thread ages ago while on my phoe and have only now, since, re-found it. Smile

Been playing D&D for a while. Am currently playing the Paizo version.

Am also in "PbP" (Play by Posts) on the Paizo forum.

Perhaps people might check in and see how things are run there as an idea of how to manage things hre?

Also, a dice roller? Does this board have one? If not, then even as a 'general' kind of game such might be a good idea.

Unless people are happy purely with a 'narrative' driven kind of game?

Much cheers to all.
03-03-2014, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2014 08:39 PM by Crulax.)
You could do it over a skype conference call with the GM making the rolls for the players!

Edit: BTW I cast magic missle!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
03-03-2014, 08:37 PM
(03-03-2014 08:36 PM)Crulax Wrote:  You could do it over a skype conference call with the GM making the rolls for the players!

That is possible but I was more looking to do something just on the board here.

03-03-2014, 08:41 PM
I've never played it.

Played plenty of quarters tho.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post