Dungeons and Dragons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: Dungeons and Dragons
I love 3.5 and Pathfinder. 4E is a little too "World of Warcraft" for me, too focused on the Battle then the RP. I'm more focused on Lore and Story then the actual combat.

I heard that 5E is even worse.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2014, 10:26 AM
(18-03-2014 10:22 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 10:07 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yabbut D20 sucks 9 times out of 10. Make something open source and everyone rushes to try and make a buck with no work such as...

[Image: wweknowyourroleRPG300x393.jpg]

That's a terrible example, because the Grapple rules are one of the worst parts of OGL d20. Also, the open source idea is great. After WotC ditched 3.5 for 4th, there was a massive amount of product still being supplied to 3.5 users from other independent publishers (like Green Ronin, Mongoose, White Wolf, etc.). Which is good, because 4th went over like a lead balloon...

I stand by for every good D20 game 9 horrible ones are out there.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
18-03-2014, 10:27 AM
(18-03-2014 10:26 AM)Likos02 Wrote:  I love 3.5 and Pathfinder. 4E is a little too "World of Warcraft" for me, too focused on the Battle then the RP. I'm more focused on Lore and Story then the actual combat.

I heard that 5E is even worse.

5E sounds broken from what I have heard. Rogues get 10 actions per combat round... who thought that was a good idea?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I have no idea what 5E even looks like anymore. I followed some critiques of the playtest documents for a while, and each iteration, they seemed to scrap everything and start over. I lost the few fucks I had to give very quickly.
18-03-2014, 09:42 PM
(18-03-2014 10:26 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 10:22 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  That's a terrible example, because the Grapple rules are one of the worst parts of OGL d20. Also, the open source idea is great. After WotC ditched 3.5 for 4th, there was a massive amount of product still being supplied to 3.5 users from other independent publishers (like Green Ronin, Mongoose, White Wolf, etc.). Which is good, because 4th went over like a lead balloon...

I stand by for every good D20 game 9 horrible ones are out there.

Just because you don't like the window dressing on most of them doesn't mean that the core mechanic is not sound and makes a lot more sense than AD&D.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
18-03-2014, 09:46 PM
(18-03-2014 09:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 10:26 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I stand by for every good D20 game 9 horrible ones are out there.

Just because you don't like the window dressing on most of them doesn't mean that the core mechanic is not sound and makes a lot more sense than AD&D.

Get burned enough times by bad games and you start to avoid them. I'm not claiming AD&D is the best system ever, it has some flaws but it is the one I have played the most and it has imo the best settings.

18-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Man I gotta get to bed REVS, or I'd go play with the In-Character thread.
I'll try tomorrow for it if the Error Monster lets me Sad

18-03-2014, 10:03 PM
(18-03-2014 10:00 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Man I gotta get to bed REVS, or I'd go play with the In-Character thread.
I'll try tomorrow for it if the Error Monster lets me Sad

No worries man. Not a huge rush with that as I expect it to take a day or two for everyone to get their initial posts in.

18-03-2014, 10:06 PM
I don't know what to say...

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
18-03-2014, 10:34 PM
I'm gonna go first, Losty. If that's alright. Maybe it'll give you some ideas. I'm about to post mine. Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post