Dungeons and Dragons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2014, 06:45 AM
RE: Dungeons and Dragons
(31-03-2014 03:32 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I've only ever played D&D once before and that was over 20 years ago. I played an Elf. It gave me combat and a bit of magic.

I will have intermittent internet access over the next week but I will hopefully be able to check up on stuff.

If I miss any combat then I will just keep my distance and use my sling. I am a halfling after all.

Thanks for letting me know.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2014, 12:30 PM
Aw.. I have no Idea how to reroll anything.
Anyone have another character generation site? (Molly world is gone.)
I'd kind of like if I could just reuse my character sheet but I'm afraid it isn't very legitimate to use it.
My character sheet already basically has everything I want, but I'd be willing to re roll my stats.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
31-03-2014, 12:44 PM
Alex, think of this as an opportunity to try out a completely different character!
31-03-2014, 01:20 PM
I'm just not that good at being other classes.
Mage is one of my favorite, and I'm not good at being other ones.
I guess I'll try.

31-03-2014, 08:54 PM
So...I hate to be pushy. But...is something going to happen now? Was that the end of this "round"?
Losty wants to play...

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
01-04-2014, 01:57 AM
(31-03-2014 08:54 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  So...I hate to be pushy. But...is something going to happen now? Was that the end of this "round"?
Losty wants to play...

Sorry been busy doing stuff and this is technically down time. I will have something posted this morning (am not coherent enough to do it now)

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
01-04-2014, 02:35 AM
(31-03-2014 08:54 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  So...I hate to be pushy. But...is something going to happen now? Was that the end of this "round"?
Losty wants to play...

In real games, we would all say that we go back to the inn and rest or something and we would fast forward to the next big event. It's probably not very convenient to post every time we sleep, eat, take a bath etc.

There are some DMs who will say "you didn't say you went to sleep, so you faint from exhaustion". But that's just mean Angry
The game is very DM dependent because he is the only one who knows what's happening other than what we say and do.

It's only natural, however, that when you move this game to a forum, everything is much slower and some things you would say in real life are redundant. In real life games, there's much more conversation, which is obviously harder to take place in here.

If you want to get a feeling of how the real game is, you could search for a campaign on Youtube. Or better, you can watch The Gamers and laugh too Big Grin

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post
01-04-2014, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 07:02 AM by Escape Artist.)
Well, y'all wanted action. Facepalm Tongue

Oh, and woot-woot! 900th post!!!!! Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
01-04-2014, 08:23 AM
This would be a lot faster if we where in an IM chatroom.

They seriously need to make a Dungeons and Dragons video game, that's actually like the IRL game. (Not like the video game they already have.)
It could be a mod for garry's mod. You just have to import some models for it, and you could have a pre loaded map. Then the characters can do what they want to do. (And the DM would have a console, that can damage, slow, speed, poison, etc. the players.)

01-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Hey rev, I was wondering does this " If you want I can change your spell lay out to just be 2x Magic Missile (to make it a bit easier on you)."
Mean I can do this twice in one attack?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.