Dungeons and Dragons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2014, 02:30 PM
RE: Dungeons and Dragons
(04-03-2014 02:23 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Ok everyone who wants to give this a go please let me know roughly what kind of character you would like. I am going to make the classes and feats up and then put together a simple trial adventure. Later on we can try and use more established lore or settings.

I think I'll go with something like a rogue since it's what I mostly have experience in. Let me now remind you that it's been years since I last played and I will probably need some help Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 03:22 PM
Dungeons and Dragons
Druid

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
04-03-2014, 03:27 PM
(04-03-2014 02:30 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 02:23 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Ok everyone who wants to give this a go please let me know roughly what kind of character you would like. I am going to make the classes and feats up and then put together a simple trial adventure. Later on we can try and use more established lore or settings.

I think I'll go with something like a rogue since it's what I mostly have experience in. Let me now remind you that it's been years since I last played and I will probably need some help Tongue

what kind of Rogue do you want a Swashbuckler or a thief? I can do either hell I could work out a way to do both but it would be more Bard-like than either of the pure Rogues.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-03-2014, 03:29 PM
How am I supposed to know what class to pick with no idea what the setting is?
Tongue

Just gimme something where I can punch people.

... this is my signature!
04-03-2014, 03:30 PM
(04-03-2014 03:29 PM)cjlr Wrote:  How am I supposed to know what class to pick with no idea what the setting is?
Tongue

Just gimme something where I can punch people.

Generic fantasy world. Medium-high magic setting.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-03-2014, 03:32 PM
How long does a game last? Would I be able to pick it up by just watching a game?

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
04-03-2014, 03:37 PM
(04-03-2014 03:27 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 02:30 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I think I'll go with something like a rogue since it's what I mostly have experience in. Let me now remind you that it's been years since I last played and I will probably need some help Tongue

what kind of Rogue do you want a Swashbuckler or a thief? I can do either hell I could work out a way to do both but it would be more Bard-like than either of the pure Rogues.

Nooooo please no, nothing like a Bard Sadcryface

Thief is fine. Think sneaky, greedy, acrobatic.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
04-03-2014, 03:39 PM
(04-03-2014 03:32 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  How long does a game last? Would I be able to pick it up by just watching a game?

They vary in length and yeah you could pick it up watching. Granted I am planning on doing a very simplified version (at least at first) so you could join.

04-03-2014, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 04:25 PM by PoolBoyG.)
Character concept:

A heavily armored Paladin/Ronin, basically a walking tank.

He is violently dogmatic. His god is "truth and honor". If he sees a wrong doing, he will confront it and either kill or be killed to right the wrong. Every battle is a suicide battle for him, although he's not careless in the least. He does not compromise at all.

He treats men, animals, and monster all equally. He will spare the virtuous, and slay the evil.

He is very formal, polite, and well kept (if you could tell under all that polished armor).

His tolerance for the inane or confrontational is infinite. Until, however, they over step their bounds.

He is tempted by no social vice, and takes no part in it. He shuns alcohol, tobacco, gambling, and sex. He takes pride in this "purity".

Laws of men or gods are of no concern to him if they don't adhere to "truth and honor", and he will break them unflinchingly. But will follow them if they are of no consequence.

His over all speed is slow, but all his actions and attacks are all thought out and done with a specific intent. His reflexes within his immediate surroundings, however, are lightening fast.

He may seem to be just staring off in front of him, but he's monitoring his surroundings and people around him constantly. His hearing is exceptional.
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
04-03-2014, 04:22 PM
(04-03-2014 04:15 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Character concept:

A heavily armored Paladin/Ronin, basically a walking tank.

He is violently dogmatic. His god is "truth and honor". If he sees a wrong doing, he will confront it and either kill or be killed to right the wrong. Every battle is a suicide battle for him, although he's not careless in the least. He does not compromise at all.

He treats men, animals, and monster all equally. He will spare the virtuous, and slay the evil.

He is very formal, polite, and well kept (if you could tell under all that polished armor).

His tolerance for the inane or confrontational is infinite. Until, however, they over step their bounds.

Laws of men or gods are of no concern to him if they don't adhere to "truth and honor", and he will break them unflinchingly. But will follow them if they are of no consequence.

His over all speed is slow, but all his actions and attacks are all thought out and done with a specific intent. His reflexes within his immediate surroundings, however, are lightening fast.

He may seem to be just staring off in front of him, but he's monitoring his surroundings and people around him constantly. His hearing is exceptional.

I had a villain one time that was exactly what you just described. He was LG but such a tight ass everyone hated him. Of course all my characters are always Chaotic. But thank you this is perfect I have a lot to work with here.