Dungeons and Dragons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2014, 04:02 AM
RE: Dungeons and Dragons
I forgot who Dex is. Was he the guide who met us that morning in town before we left to find out about the wolves?

I think keeping the thread more active would help people remember what's going on. Still enjoying it though.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2014, 06:49 AM
(30-05-2014 04:02 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I forgot who Dex is. Was he the guide who met us that morning in town before we left to find out about the wolves?

I think keeping the thread more active would help people remember what's going on. Still enjoying it though.

Dex is a long running character I have used for years. He is a wild mage (subclass of mages that study wild unformed magic) and is going to be a permanent npc addition to the group. If someone else ever wants to DM for a side adventure he is the character I would be playing. In this game he is an assistant to the Mayor and yes is the one you met before heading out to the wolves.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
31-05-2014, 10:51 AM
I have decided to add a new mechanic to this game (since I am taking it in a darker direction) Sanity is now a stat. Your beginning Sanity is your wisdom score X 5. If your sanity ever goes below -10 you will become permanently insane and only a wish spell can cure you. You can gain sanity by leveling up and by stopping great evils. However you lose sanity by seeing things that shock your mind, forbidden tomes or extra-planer monsters, demons, cult rituals, etc... Now being that you are from a world where magic and magical creatures are if not common not rare either your characters take more to push them over the edge than would someone from a mundane world (if you saw a dragon outside your window you would freak out your characters however would just hope it doesn't burn the village down). Big losses of sanity (failing saving throws on seeing evil events) can cause temporary or permanent psychological issues such as (but not limited to) phobias, fetishes, fugue states, manic depression, or hallucinations. We shall see how far this goes as I am going to give you a way to combat it in game. More to follow as this progresses.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-05-2014, 11:09 AM
[Image: sanity.JPG]

01-06-2014, 08:08 AM
(31-05-2014 10:51 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I have decided to add a new mechanic to this game (since I am taking it in a darker direction) Sanity is now a stat. Your beginning Sanity is your wisdom score X 5. If your sanity ever goes below -10 you will become permanently insane and only a wish spell can cure you. You can gain sanity by leveling up and by stopping great evils. However you lose sanity by seeing things that shock your mind, forbidden tomes or extra-planer monsters, demons, cult rituals, etc... Now being that you are from a world where magic and magical creatures are if not common not rare either your characters take more to push them over the edge than would someone from a mundane world (if you saw a dragon outside your window you would freak out your characters however would just hope it doesn't burn the village down). Big losses of sanity (failing saving throws on seeing evil events) can cause temporary or permanent psychological issues such as (but not limited to) phobias, fetishes, fugue states, manic depression, or hallucinations. We shall see how far this goes as I am going to give you a way to combat it in game. More to follow as this progresses.

Hey, this ain't a horror video game! Tongue

I'm preeeetty sure my Wisdom score is quite low. Yay.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
01-06-2014, 08:19 AM
(01-06-2014 08:08 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 10:51 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I have decided to add a new mechanic to this game (since I am taking it in a darker direction) Sanity is now a stat. Your beginning Sanity is your wisdom score X 5. If your sanity ever goes below -10 you will become permanently insane and only a wish spell can cure you. You can gain sanity by leveling up and by stopping great evils. However you lose sanity by seeing things that shock your mind, forbidden tomes or extra-planer monsters, demons, cult rituals, etc... Now being that you are from a world where magic and magical creatures are if not common not rare either your characters take more to push them over the edge than would someone from a mundane world (if you saw a dragon outside your window you would freak out your characters however would just hope it doesn't burn the village down). Big losses of sanity (failing saving throws on seeing evil events) can cause temporary or permanent psychological issues such as (but not limited to) phobias, fetishes, fugue states, manic depression, or hallucinations. We shall see how far this goes as I am going to give you a way to combat it in game. More to follow as this progresses.

Hey, this ain't a horror video game! Tongue

I'm preeeetty sure my Wisdom score is quite low. Yay.

None of your scores are low. The lowest Wis score we have is a 13 which is well above the average. Actually the group we have will be a lot of fun to play with this mechanic because you guys are so stated out.

01-06-2014, 12:01 PM
[Image: Call_of_Cthulhu.jpg]

01-06-2014, 01:21 PM
One of the things I loved most about Call of Cthulhua were the paintings in the book.

I remember one in particular with an orthogonal view above a chequered black and white tile floor with tentacles coming underneath a doorway, or something like that.

I think I doodled loads of images of tenatacled monsters at school using ball point pens and a concerned teacher took them off me one day for "further research".

I actually just liked drawning curvy lines.
01-06-2014, 04:26 PM
You had to go and throw that "Worst case it would rip a hole in reality and destroy all of existence" in there, huh? Laugh out load

We got it; Losty's ring is all we get for now Tongue I was thinking since my character has that ruby that can glow like a torch, maybe someone else without low-light vision could borrow it from Losty's character until she comes back to the game. Or whoever is on watch can wear it. Pass it around n such.

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
01-06-2014, 04:30 PM
(01-06-2014 04:26 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  You had to go and throw that "Worst case it would rip a hole in reality and destroy all of existence" in there, huh? Laugh out load

We got it; Losty's ring is all we get for now Tongue I was thinking since my character has that ruby that can glow like a torch, maybe someone else without low-light vision could borrow it from Losty's character until she comes back to the game. Or whoever is on watch can wear it. Pass it around n such.

Don't worry you will get loot just not those particular items.