Dungeons and Dragons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2014, 04:26 PM
RE: Dungeons and Dragons
(04-03-2014 04:15 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Character concept:

A heavily armored Paladin/Ronin, basically a walking tank.

He is violently dogmatic. His god is "truth and honor". If he sees a wrong doing, he will confront it and either kill or be killed to right the wrong. Every battle is a suicide battle for him, although he's not careless in the least. He does not compromise at all.

He treats men, animals, and monster all equally. He will spare the virtuous, and slay the evil.

He is very formal, polite, and well kept (if you could tell under all that polished armor).

His tolerance for the inane or confrontational is infinite. Until, however, they over step their bounds.

Laws of men or gods are of no concern to him if they don't adhere to "truth and honor", and he will break them unflinchingly. But will follow them if they are of no consequence.

His over all speed is slow, but all his actions and attacks are all thought out and done with a specific intent. His reflexes within his immediate surroundings, however, are lightening fast.

He may seem to be just staring off in front of him, but he's monitoring his surroundings and people around him constantly. His hearing is exceptional.

Oh great. This guy will kill me when we meet. I'd better make a good liar.

Rev, you want such detail from everyone?

Many verses are like silver threads
tied on the chimes of the stars-
if you pull them,
a silver peal makes the horizon vibrate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 04:32 PM
(04-03-2014 04:26 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  

He is violently dogmatic. His god is "truth and honor". If he sees a wrong doing, he will confront it and either kill or be killed to right the wrong. Every battle is a suicide battle for him, although he's not careless in the least. He does not compromise at all.

He treats men, animals, and monster all equally. He will spare the virtuous, and slay the evil.

He is very formal, polite, and well kept (if you could tell under all that polished armor).

His tolerance for the inane or confrontational is infinite. Until, however, they over step their bounds.

Laws of men or gods are of no concern to him if they don't adhere to "truth and honor", and he will break them unflinchingly. But will follow them if they are of no consequence.

His over all speed is slow, but all his actions and attacks are all thought out and done with a specific intent. His reflexes within his immediate surroundings, however, are lightening fast.

He may seem to be just staring off in front of him, but he's monitoring his surroundings and people around him constantly. His hearing is exceptional.

I don't see a conflict if his attention is directed at a greater task, like maybe the campaign at hand Big Grin
04-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Dungeons and Dragons
The Druid is finding himself surrounded by some interesting characters...and perhaps challenges.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
04-03-2014, 04:47 PM
(04-03-2014 04:26 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  

More is always good and I will be asking everyone to give me their reason for questing. Why is your character an adventurer? What is his motivation and what is his long term goal?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
04-03-2014, 04:55 PM
(04-03-2014 04:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 04:26 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Oh great. This guy will kill me when we meet. I'd better make a good liar.

More is always good and I will be asking everyone to give me their reason for questing. Why is your character an adventurer? What is his motivation and what is his long term goal?

Can we expect a reason to be associated with each other in particular, or do we all just meet in an inn?

Tongue

... this is my signature!
04-03-2014, 04:59 PM
(04-03-2014 04:55 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 04:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  More is always good and I will be asking everyone to give me their reason for questing. Why is your character an adventurer? What is his motivation and what is his long term goal?

Can we expect a reason to be associated with each other in particular, or do we all just meet in an inn?

Tongue

Either or. You can keep your reason secret. But basically what I want is Inigo Montoya "I am looking for a 6 fingered man. He killed my father." Everything he does is to advance his goal of finding the 6 fingered man and once he finds and kills him he gets a new goal to become the dread Pirate Roberts.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-03-2014, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 05:52 PM by PoolBoyG.)
Like there's a big over all quest, but each character has their own motivation for it.

For example, campaign: Defeat an evil tyrant

Character 1 motivation: purge land of evil
Character 2 motivation: take over as new tyrant/get rid of competition
Character 3 motivation: loot the vast treasures in the tyrants keep
Character 4 motivation: loot a specific treasure in the tyrants keep
Character 5 motivation: get revenge on tyrant
Character 6 motivation: seek glory in battle
Character 7 motivation: got to do something on a weekend
Character 8 motivation: I AM THAT TYRANT. MUAHAHA. I'VE GOT YOU ALL NOW!
04-03-2014, 05:44 PM
(04-03-2014 03:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 03:32 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  How long does a game last? Would I be able to pick it up by just watching a game?

They vary in length and yeah you could pick it up watching. Granted I am planning on doing a very simplified version (at least at first) so you could join.

Ooohh ok I am in Big Grin

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
04-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Dungeons and Dragons
(04-03-2014 04:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 04:55 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Can we expect a reason to be associated with each other in particular, or do we all just meet in an inn?

Tongue

Either or. You can keep your reason secret. But basically what I want is Inigo Montoya "I am looking for a 6 fingered man. He killed my father." Everything he does is to advance his goal of finding the 6 fingered man and once he finds and kills him he gets a new goal to become the dread Pirate Roberts.

Don't you need to tell us what the campaign is for us to tell you our characters' motivations for participating in it?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
04-03-2014, 06:31 PM
(04-03-2014 06:27 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 04:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Either or. You can keep your reason secret. But basically what I want is Inigo Montoya "I am looking for a 6 fingered man. He killed my father." Everything he does is to advance his goal of finding the 6 fingered man and once he finds and kills him he gets a new goal to become the dread Pirate Roberts.

Don't you need to tell us what the campaign is for us to tell you our characters' motivations for participating in it?

What I mean is why did you become a druid or a thief or a Paladin (what's a paladin?) what is you backstory? I will give you a hook or two into the adventure and if it pans out maybe I can come up with separate adventures that help you advance your goal.