Dungeons and Dragons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2014, 06:36 PM
Dungeons and Dragons
(04-03-2014 06:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 06:27 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Don't you need to tell us what the campaign is for us to tell you our characters' motivations for participating in it?

What I mean is why did you become a druid or a thief or a Paladin (what's a paladin?) what is you backstory? I will give you a hook or two into the adventure and if it pans out maybe I can come up with separate adventures that help you advance your goal.

I see. So we're to be tested on our role playing abilities and if we are found wanting you'll toss us out like yesterday's undergarments? Interesting...

Well then I'll need to know what your plan is. Are you going to be using official rules like 4th Edition? Or will this be looser and more casual than that? Character classes are already defined in certain ways by the rule books and I'm curious how much you want us to stay within their confines.

I'm just now reading that the Druid I played as a kid isn't the same as in 4E.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 06:42 PM
RE: Dungeons and Dragons
(04-03-2014 06:36 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 06:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  What I mean is why did you become a druid or a thief or a Paladin (what's a paladin?) what is you backstory? I will give you a hook or two into the adventure and if it pans out maybe I can come up with separate adventures that help you advance your goal.

I see. So we're to be tested on our role playing abilities and if we are found wanting you'll toss us out like yesterday's undergarments? Interesting...

Well then I'll need to know what your plan is. Are you going to be using official rules like 4th Edition? Or will this be looser and more casual than that? Character classes are already defined in certain ways by the rule books and I'm curious how much you want us to stay within their confines.

We wont be running 3rd or 4th E cause from everything I hear they suck. Crulax is going to try and get me a copy of Gurps and we may use that since it is ultra flexible.

And no I am not going to kick people out if they are not a master storyteller or don't have the most original backstory. I just have always found that knowing motivation (the why) helps people to roleplay more. Even if it is a tried and true classic tale "My village was burned down and my family killed and I seek those who did so" it helps explain why you have forsaken polite society and decided to go off to gods know where and deal with gods know what in some dank and deadly cave.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
04-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Dungeons and Dragons
(04-03-2014 06:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 06:36 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I see. So we're to be tested on our role playing abilities and if we are found wanting you'll toss us out like yesterday's undergarments? Interesting...

We wont be running 3rd or 4th E cause from everything I hear they suck. Crulax is going to try and get me a copy of Gurps and we may use that since it is ultra flexible.

And no I am not going to kick people out if they are not a master storyteller or don't have the most original backstory. I just have always found that knowing motivation (the why) helps people to roleplay more. Even if it is a tried and true classic tale "My village was burned down and my family killed and I seek those who did so" it helps explain why you have forsaken polite society and decided to go off to gods know where and deal with gods know what in some dank and deadly cave.

Hehe, I was being facetious about being rejected. Tried to make you laugh. Maybe role playing a Druid a little. Chill dude.

I'll come up with something when I can relax my mind and focus on it. The office isn't the place for that.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
04-03-2014, 07:09 PM
(04-03-2014 07:07 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 06:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  We wont be running 3rd or 4th E cause from everything I hear they suck. Crulax is going to try and get me a copy of Gurps and we may use that since it is ultra flexible.

Hehe, I was being facetious about being rejected. Tried to make you laugh. Maybe role playing a Druid a little. Chill dude.

I'll come up with something when I can relax my mind and focus on it. The office isn't the place for that.

Needs a Thumbsup or something to let me know man. Tongue

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
06-03-2014, 02:37 AM
I think I want in.
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
10-03-2014, 09:52 PM
What's the status of this? Is there a time frame?
10-03-2014, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2014 10:32 PM by Alex_Leonardo.)
I want in.
My player card says:
I'm a lvl one
Class: mage-fighter
Race: lightning elemental,
Stats:
Strength: 17
Dexterity: 13
Constitution: 15
Intelligence: 16
Wisdom: 17
Charisma: 16

Armor class: 14

Ref: 3
Fortification: +2
Will: +3

Melee +4
Ranged 4
Spell +4

Initiate 3

Feats:
Static bubble (shields whole group for one turn. Only once per battle.)

Skills:
knowledge, nature, arcane, religion (I am an messiah.), spellcraft.
Use magic device.

Spells:
Discharge punch:
Stuns enemy for 1 round and 2 dmg.
Bolt:
+4 dmg and can redirect to 2 other enemies for +1 dmg.
Static armor:
+4 ac for 2 turns, takes 2 turns to recharge.
Arcane missle:
2 dmg

Ring:
Conjure food and drink. (I can turn my blood into wine. Just kidding. I can turn air molecules into wine.)

Weapons:
Javelin: +2 dmg

10 gold

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
10-03-2014, 10:29 PM
(10-03-2014 10:24 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  I want in.
My player card says:
I'm a lvl one mage-fighter lightning elemental,
Stats:

Melee +4
Ranged 4
Spell +4

Initiate 3

Feats:

Skills:
Use magic device.

Spells:
Discharge punch:
Bolt:
Static armor:
Arcane missle:
2 dmg

Ring:
Conjure food and drink. (I can turn my blood into wine. Just kidding. I can turn air molecules into wine.)

Weapons:

10 gold
GaspBlinkOhmySadcryfaceSadcryface2Weeping

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
10-03-2014, 10:30 PM
(10-03-2014 10:29 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 10:24 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  I want in.
My player card says:
I'm a lvl one mage-fighter lightning elemental,
Stats:

Melee +4
Ranged 4
Spell +4

Initiate 3

Feats:

Skills:
Use magic device.

Spells:
Discharge punch:
Bolt:
Static armor:
Arcane missle:
2 dmg

Ring:

Weapons:

10 gold
GaspBlinkOhmySadcryfaceSadcryface2Weeping
What do you have a problem with? I probably should delete the redundant spells...

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
10-03-2014, 10:31 PM
(10-03-2014 10:30 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 10:29 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  GaspBlinkOhmySadcryfaceSadcryface2Weeping
What do you have a problem with?

All of it.

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post