Dunno a la Joyce Grenfell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2015, 09:36 AM
Dunno a la Joyce Grenfell
OK, let’s go with god existing and creating the universe. Yeh, I know he didn’t but, for the sake of argument, let’s just say that he did. Now let’s do unto christians as they do unto us. Let’s just get them to defend that position. Yeh, I know they can’t but let’s just put them on the spot and see how they do.

OK, so god created the universe. Let’s not quibble whether it was 6,000 or 13.8 billion years ago, let’s just agree that he created the universe, leave it at that and move on.

OK, where was god when he created the universe?

No, you can’t look that it in the bible because it doesn’t tell us.

OK, he was in heaven. Fine.

And where, roughly, is heaven?

OK, it’s not really a “place” as such, like Hartlepool is, or isn’t, as the case may be. It’s more of a conceptual place where nice people go. Well, that let’s Hartlepool off the hook, I guess.

OK, I get that. What I was really getting at was: Is heaven within the domain of this universe or not?

You don’t know. OK.

Well, heaven can’t really be within the realms of this universe can it? It didn’t exist before god created it so he couldn’t have been in it when he created it, could he?
Why did I ask if I already knew? I don’t know but, by the sounds of it, neither do you and you ought to know ‘cos you are a christian and supposed to know these things, especially as you keep giving us atheists shit.

OK, so god can’t have been in the universe when he created the universe. We are agreed on that then.

Ah, so heaven is outside of the universe. OK. You sure about that? It’s just that the universe contains everything that exists and there is nothing outside of the universe because there’s nothing for anything to exist in because there’s no space outside of the universe

Yup, you got it now. God can’t exist within the universe because he created it and he can’t exist outside of it because nothing exists outside of the universe. Yes, I know that’s a real bummer – god having nowhere to exist. That’s life, I guess. Why ask me where he might be. He ain’t my god. Don’t you know? Why don’t you?

OK, wipe the egg off your face and let’s move on.

Let’s agree that god just exists, er .... somewhere. Let’s not get specific.

Now, god created the universe.

So, who created god?

Ahh, I see. God has always existed. Right.

Where did he exist before he created the universe?

OK, we’ll no go there. Not if you say so.

So, god existed “somewhere” and always has. Fine.

So, he woke up one morning 6,000 or 13.8 billion years ago and said “What shall I do today?” “Oh, I know”, he said “I’ll create the universe. I’ve always wanted to create one of those”. Is that what happened?

You don’t know. Why not? He’s your god.

What I’m getting at is this: If he has always existed, and always is a pretty long time, why did he decide to create the universe when he did? What’s so special about 6,000 or 13.8 billion years ago?

I have to say, for a christian, you don’t seem to know a whole heap about your god.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like god has no twitter account's post
30-06-2015, 09:54 AM
RE: Dunno a la Joyce Grenfell
D'uh! He moves in mysterious ways. Dintcha know that?

Checkmate, atheists!

Drinking Beverage

30-06-2015, 10:07 AM
Geez, just go with it. Damnit - don't make them explain.

Like all good fiction, you have to be willing to just buy into some shit that just doesn't work to enjoy the overall story.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
30-06-2015, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2015 02:49 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(30-06-2015 09:36 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  OK, let’s go with god existing and creating the universe. Yeh, I know he didn’t but, for the sake of argument, let’s just say that he did. Now let’s do unto christians as they do unto us. Let’s just get them to defend that position. Yeh, I know they can’t but let’s just put them on the spot and see how they do.

OK, so god created the universe. Let’s not quibble whether it was 6,000 or 13.8 billion years ago, let’s just agree that he created the universe, leave it at that and move on.

OK, where was god when he created the universe?

No, you can’t look that it in the bible because it doesn’t tell us.

OK, he was in heaven. Fine.

And where, roughly, is heaven?

OK, it’s not really a “place” as such, like Hartlepool is, or isn’t, as the case may be. It’s more of a conceptual place where nice people go. Well, that let’s Hartlepool off the hook, I guess.

OK, I get that. What I was really getting at was: Is heaven within the domain of this universe or not?

You don’t know. OK.

Well, heaven can’t really be within the realms of this universe can it? It didn’t exist before god created it so he couldn’t have been in it when he created it, could he?
Why did I ask if I already knew? I don’t know but, by the sounds of it, neither do you and you ought to know ‘cos you are a christian and supposed to know these things, especially as you keep giving us atheists shit.

OK, so god can’t have been in the universe when he created the universe. We are agreed on that then.

Ah, so heaven is outside of the universe. OK. You sure about that? It’s just that the universe contains everything that exists and there is nothing outside of the universe because there’s nothing for anything to exist in because there’s no space outside of the universe

Yup, you got it now. God can’t exist within the universe because he created it and he can’t exist outside of it because nothing exists outside of the universe. Yes, I know that’s a real bummer – god having nowhere to exist. That’s life, I guess. Why ask me where he might be. He ain’t my god. Don’t you know? Why don’t you?

OK, wipe the egg off your face and let’s move on.

Let’s agree that god just exists, er .... somewhere. Let’s not get specific.

Now, god created the universe.

So, who created god?

Ahh, I see. God has always existed. Right.

Where did he exist before he created the universe?

OK, we’ll no go there. Not if you say so.

So, god existed “somewhere” and always has. Fine.

So, he woke up one morning 6,000 or 13.8 billion years ago and said “What shall I do today?” “Oh, I know”, he said “I’ll create the universe. I’ve always wanted to create one of those”. Is that what happened?

What I’m getting at is this: If he has always existed, and always is a pretty long time, why did he decide to create the universe when he did? What’s so special about 6,000 or 13.8 billion years ago?

I have to say, for a christian, you don’t seem to know a whole heap about your god.

Like a game of "windows" (can you open one "up further" ?) I gots a question for L'il Joycey too.

Is her god "real" ? (She will say yes.) "Your god *exists*, right Joyce ?"

My question is then : "Where did Reality come from ?" Did her god create the structure it *must exist* within ? How is it, non-existence also, was a part of Reality also as long as her god exists ?

The most fundamental question is not answered, not can she or anyone climb out of this little hole.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
30-06-2015, 10:59 AM
For Bucky's benefit (and all those too young to remember her).

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
30-06-2015, 02:50 PM
Oh man. I LOVE her. How could I never have seen her ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post