Dutch Pranksters Swap Bible Cover with Koran Cover.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2015, 10:53 AM
RE: Dutch Pranksters Swap Bible Cover with Koran Cover.
(07-12-2015 10:35 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 08:19 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  However, all sin is weighed equally in the eyes of God.

Then I'm pretty glad god doesn't exist, because that is incredibly stupid. I find the "grace" thing to be a pitiful excuse for all the BS in the bible.
Why would you find that to be stupid?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2015, 11:00 AM
(07-12-2015 10:53 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 10:35 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  Then I'm pretty glad god doesn't exist, because that is incredibly stupid. I find the "grace" thing to be a pitiful excuse for all the BS in the bible.
Why would you find that to be stupid?

Maybe he's referring to the fact that two sins like "adultery" and "homicide" would be weighed equally... When they clearly do not cause the same amount of damage.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 3 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
07-12-2015, 11:10 AM
(07-12-2015 11:00 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 10:53 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Why would you find that to be stupid?

Maybe he's referring to the fact that two sins like "adultery" and "homicide" would be weighed equally... When they clearly do not cause the same amount of damage.
Exactly. They are weighed the same. The bible makes it clear in Romans 3 that the penalty for sin is death....period. Revelation explains that it is a spiritual death. God does not care if you murder or lie because the penalty is the same. Which is where the whole "grace" thing comes into play.
07-12-2015, 11:15 AM
(07-12-2015 11:10 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 11:00 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Maybe he's referring to the fact that two sins like "adultery" and "homicide" would be weighed equally... When they clearly do not cause the same amount of damage.
Exactly. They are weighed the same. The bible makes it clear in Romans 3 that the penalty for sin is death....period. Revelation explains that it is a spiritual death. God does not care if you murder or lie because the penalty is the same. Which is where the whole "grace" thing comes into play.

Would you punish a child the same way no matter what the offense was? Weighing all "sin" the same is not just. It's good that this is all made up because it would be a horrible system to actually live under.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
07-12-2015, 11:17 AM
Yes. Why would being homosexual, which hurts nobody, and killing someone, which obviously does, have the same punishment? That seems like a strange kind of justice.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 2 users Like Imathinker's post
07-12-2015, 11:19 AM
(07-12-2015 11:17 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  Yes. Why would being homosexual, which hurts nobody, and killing someone, which obviously does, have the same punishment? That seems like a strange kind of justice.

Ergo, it's not justice. It's just sadistic punishment.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
07-12-2015, 11:23 AM
Again...If both books are indistinct when it comes to cherry-picking good and bad verses, why are the Old and New Testaments "authoritative", but the Koran is not a "Third Testament"?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
07-12-2015, 11:23 AM
10 year old to another: "your mom is so fat, when she sits around the house, she sits AROUND the house!"

And it's equal to raping the body of the child a pedophile just murdered!

Yay Justice! Infinite time for finite crime! I love me some Gawd!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
07-12-2015, 11:28 AM
(07-12-2015 11:23 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Again...If both books are indistinct when it comes to cherry-picking good and bad verses, why are the Old and New Testaments "authoritative", but the Koran is not a "Third Testament"?

Ooooo oooo oooo! Pick me pick me!

Answer: Muhammad was a false prophet!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
07-12-2015, 11:33 AM
(07-12-2015 11:28 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 11:23 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Again...If both books are indistinct when it comes to cherry-picking good and bad verses, why are the Old and New Testaments "authoritative", but the Koran is not a "Third Testament"?

Ooooo oooo oooo! Pick me pick me!

Answer: Muhammad was a false prophet!

Yabut, other than your pastor or priest telling you that, a Billion other people say it's "The Book."

(These were some of my de-converting questions. Smile )

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel