Dutch Pranksters Swap Bible Cover with Koran Cover.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2015, 07:11 PM
RE: Dutch Pranksters Swap Bible Cover with Koran Cover.
(07-12-2015 07:07 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I feel like the thread is adequately derailed. My job here is complete.

Not quite!
The Bible's gawd sucks, but so does the Koran's allah!
I'm sure somebody will get around to bashing the other cunt, too! Shy

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2015, 07:12 PM
(07-12-2015 07:11 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 07:07 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I feel like the thread is adequately derailed. My job here is complete.

Not quite!
Lol. And the thread has been suddenly pulled back on the tracks. Surely this is a miracle of God
07-12-2015, 07:12 PM
(07-12-2015 07:10 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

I don't see how continued discussion of immoral passages in the bible is a derailment.

It is when you don't have an answer Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-12-2015, 07:13 PM
(07-12-2015 07:12 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 07:11 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Not quite!
Lol. And the thread has been suddenly pulled back on the tracks. Surely this is a miracle of God

No, it was FSM. I just sacrificed a bowl of pasta and drank the blood of his sauce. All so the thread could come back.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
07-12-2015, 07:14 PM
(07-12-2015 06:36 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Jason, you are better than that.

The evidence does not support that statement. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2015, 07:17 PM
(07-12-2015 07:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 06:36 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Jason, you are better than that.

The evidence does not support that statement. Drinking Beverage
[Image: ee88dc3320ff4f11540a89ce5270e9f1.jpg]
07-12-2015, 07:19 PM
Calling it a night. It's my bed time. You all are awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post
07-12-2015, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2015 11:53 PM by Full Circle.)
Remember that we are discussing the merits of a book that contains the following:

[Image: talking_donkey.jpg]

Most apologists don’t give this passage a second thought for obvious reasons, it borders on retardation, yet other parts of the book they use to model their lives after. Blink

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
07-12-2015, 07:25 PM
(07-12-2015 05:18 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  In summary, 2 Kings 2:23-24 is not an account of God mauling young children for making fun of a bald man. Rather, it is a record of an insulting demonstration against God’s prophet by a large group of young men. Because these young people of about 20 years of age or older (the same term is used of Solomon in 1 Kings 3:7) so despised the prophet of the Lord, Elisha called upon the Lord to deal with the rebels as He saw fit. The Lord’s punishment was the mauling of 42 of them by two female bears. The penalty was clearly justified, for to ridicule Elisha was to ridicule the Lord Himself. The seriousness of the crime was indicated by the seriousness of the punishment. The appalling judgment was God’s warning to all who would scorn the prophets of the Lord.
I know you're probably in your bunk by now, but this doesn't make sense. Some youths or insignificant people or children make fun of a bald prophet and he uses his power with God to have them mauled? BUT... worse things happen now and absolutely nothing happens. Zilch. Nada. Nuh-uh.

Also, back when I was a religious scholar and someone insulted me, would I have been justified in having them killed, too? Why not just hire a guy? After all, I may or may not have contacts who can do that and not get traced back to me. Y'know, hypothetically and shit.

And why does God let a bear mauling happen because a bald man was called bald, yet none pray for anything to be done about the starving and raped children in the world? Are prophets such wimps that being made fun of is so much worse than anything else?

Sounds like pure hyperbole to me, not history.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
07-12-2015, 07:26 PM
(07-12-2015 07:20 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Remember that we are discussing the merits of a book that contain the following:

[Image: talking_donkey.jpg]

Most apologists don’t give this passage a second thought for obvious reasons, it borders on retardation, yet other parts of the book are used to model their lives after. Blink

My favorite passage is still Ezekiel 23:20. I wonder why they never recite that one in church Consider Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post