Dutch fashion police.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2018, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2018 12:50 PM by Full Circle.)
RE: Dutch fashion police.
(27-01-2018 10:06 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(27-01-2018 09:47 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ...
because people generally like to be individualistic and express themselves with clothes.

Oh, I so disagree with that.

For every one (rare) Beau Brummell there are (and always have been) thousands of followers (not leaders) of fashion.

Football fans, nuns, mods and rockers, all those reverse-baseball-cap wearers, goths etc.

In fact, how is it we can look at a photo and say "That's from the 20s (or 40s or 50s or 70s...)" if fashion was individualistic?

Consider

No one is going to take my right away from imitating everyone else so I can display my individuality! Angry

[Image: e6501ae9b07687d3bbab81d96b2eb98b--hobbs-...hobbes.jpg]

[Image: 180c67780f6c951c235b03ddbf2c940b.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
27-01-2018, 03:44 PM
Does that mean my dad might can arrested in Netherland for wearing white socks with sandals or having phanny pouch (or both)? He also used to wear a teal colored polo shirt, but I think his new wife managed to get rid of it (thankfully).

/joke

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
27-01-2018, 03:49 PM
(27-01-2018 03:44 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Does that mean my dad might can arrested in Netherland for wearing white socks with sandals or having phanny pouch (or both)? He also used to wear a teal colored polo shirt, but I think his new wife managed to get rid of it (thankfully).

/joke

No idea. But I wouldn't risk the visit.

/No joke. Sadly.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
27-01-2018, 06:03 PM
because people generally like to be individualistic and express themselves with clothes.

For every one (rare) Beau Brummell there are (and always have been) thousands of followers (not leaders) of fashion.

Football fans, nuns, mods and rockers, all those reverse-baseball-cap wearers, goths etc.

In fact, how is it we can look at a photo and say "That's from the 20s (or 40s or 50s or 70s...)" if fashion was individualistic?

Consider

I love a uniform...I don't want to express myself all the damn time. Might be sour grapes, though, because I'm not that great at it.

However, I appreciate and admire people who have a more adventurous approach to dressing themselves than I do.
27-01-2018, 06:40 PM
Jeans and Tshirt girl here.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
27-01-2018, 07:05 PM
(27-01-2018 06:40 PM)Dom Wrote:  Jeans and Tshirt girl here.

I'm usually in workout clothes or a little skirt/top/tights/boots. I doubt the Dutch police would stop me, but back in the day a Chicago cop once came up to me on the street, complimented me on the shirt I was wearing, and asked me on a date.
27-01-2018, 07:52 PM

Consider

Hahaha. Well, we are all members of the times we live in but within each era there is variations to choose from. I know a gal that wears a lot of 1950's stuff and vintage clothing.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
27-01-2018, 10:30 PM
I see a business opportunity here.
I'ma gonna go over, put my thumbs in some dykes dikes, and sell Profit and Loss Statements, and Asset Sheets to the little buggers.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.