Dying spouse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2017, 07:42 AM
RE: Dying spouse
I'm so sorry I can only echo others, say nothing, just hug each other and make as many memories as you can. Let her hold to what ever thoughts comfort her. Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
16-02-2017, 07:59 AM
So many hugs to you!

Hug

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
16-02-2017, 08:58 AM
My thoughts and feelings go out to you during this time. I don't think the statement is too far out of both of your worldviews. The "other side" may be just your memory, it may be something else, and the theists may have gotten something right however doubtful that is. Whatever happens after death she'll be there. I think it is a beautiful thought and one you should embrace.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
16-02-2017, 10:44 AM
I cannot express how sorry I am for both of you. There are not enough hugs. Sadcryface Hug

I will echo what others have said, one need not lie to be tactful. Hold her tight, love her well, and let her know that you will always find her wherever you may meet again.

Keep in mind that she knows your thoughts on this matter at least as well as you know hers and given how long you have been together I expect that means she knows them exceptionally well. Viewed in that light her sentiments are likely as much about comforting you as they are about reassuring herself. Let her do that for you so that she might find some solace in the thought that she was able to help you with your grief.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post