Dynamic allocation of the burden of proof

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2012, 12:11 PM
RE: Dynamic allocation of the burden of proof
(13-09-2012 07:05 PM)nach_in Wrote:  you're not getting me, I know we can define something and say it's god, but then we find that god not to exist because it implies something false. Then we move on to a more vague definition so we can dodge that proof... and so on and so forth until we get such a definition that is not definition at all... therefore there's no possible definition of a god.
Exactly! Thumbsup

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm content with this conclusions Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
14-09-2012, 10:40 PM
So as we tried to prove the un-provable we discovered we could not define the un-definable…

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
15-09-2012, 08:06 AM
(13-09-2012 11:14 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  So you want to prove that something non-existent is in fact non-existent.
I don't have an invisible, intangible apple in my hand. How can I go about proving that ?

Hmmmm ??

Try to fill your stomach with it.
You will stay hungry forever...

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
[+] 1 user Likes Marco Krieger's post
15-09-2012, 08:31 AM
(13-09-2012 08:20 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 08:12 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Let's try something a bit simpler. Try to prove that Darth Varder doesn't exist.
He's a well defined fictional character in a book just like the fictional god character.

Since you can't decide on a definition of god, lets try it with a well defined fictional character.

How do you want to go about proving Darth Vader doesn't exist ?
Lots of galaxies out there. Billions so I'm told. Lots of planets in lots of galaxies.
I would contend that it's more plausible that Darth Vader exists than some manufactured god made up by stoned goat herders.

What would your first step be ?

Darth vader can use the force, but nobody can use the force because it doesn't exist. threfore Darth Vader can't exist Smartass

What?! I am shocked! Darth Vader is not real?
That is impossible to belief!

I declare hereby a fatwah to all Darth Vader deniers and i command that all right-beliefers in the holy Star Wars-Faith shall kill the enemys of the force.
They should come over them by using there lightsabers and flashes should come from there hands to strike the Enem...

Hm...i think thats the beginning of a new religion.
And we have here an old testament in three chapters and we have a new testament also in three chapters and we should call them the evangelium at lucas.
And he has made a world with two choosen once. Anakin and Luke.
And woman are wearing veils and stupit had's and breed.
Fantastic!!

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
15-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Whenever theists tell me to prove god does not exist, I ask them to make an appointment.
I'm busy today, proving there is no 1957 Chevy orbiting Pluto.
It's taking a little longer than expected.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post