Dyson swarm?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2015, 09:37 PM
RE: Dyson swarm?
(14-10-2015 08:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Omfg....here I thought this was about a vacuum cleaner.

Damn my housewife head....damn it to hell.

Sigh....yeah....that's what I thought too.

What a sad day for both of us.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
14-10-2015, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2015 10:04 PM by Lightvader.)
(14-10-2015 08:48 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I love this stuff, according to the Kardashev scale, they would be a type 2 civilization, a few millennia ahead of us.

Doubtful, if there was a type 2 civilization within 1500 light years of us, I think they would be right here and we would be part of their interstellar empire.
What if we aren't advanced enough to be considered part of the empire? To much work to bring us up to their level and ask that jazz?

Or what if they're isolationist aliens?
What if they chose not to interfere with young civilizations to let them progress naturally?

What if they are advanced enough to build star collectors, but never really looked into long distance travel?
What if they don't even consider us remotely useful?
What if they don't even consider us intelligent? (Like Neil degrasse Tyson presumably said(i got it from a meme, soooo) what if some super advanced alien race has observed earth and deemed us unintelligent, not capable of thinking, just like when we see a worm, "I wonder what the worm is thinking" doesn't even cross our minds, because we deem it not capable of intelligent thought).

what if they seeded the earth and get their jollies from observing us?
What if we're some kind of alien experiment? What if the data about us is so old that we weren't even evolved ?
What if they are extinct by now because some mass alien scientist(i didn't see how far the star was from us, I'll assume a few million to billion light years away so by the time light from our star reaches them, and vice versa, millions to billions of years have passed )

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 2 users Like Lightvader's post
14-10-2015, 10:10 PM
I have a question, because I never looked into the SETI . What if they are so advanced, they don't even use technology that emits radio waves we associate with technological activity?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 2 users Like Lightvader's post
14-10-2015, 10:27 PM
(14-10-2015 08:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Omfg....here I thought this was about a vacuum cleaner.

Damn my housewife head....damn it to hell.

I thought the same thing and I came here to say that my Dyson was not as good as my Kirby............... oh crap, I'm so whipped.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
14-10-2015, 10:59 PM
(14-10-2015 09:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Sigh....yeah....that's what I thought too.

What a sad day for both of us.

Yeah it's the story of my life.

(14-10-2015 10:27 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I thought the same thing and I came here to say that my Dyson was not as good as my Kirby............... oh crap, I'm so whipped.

oh, you have a Kirby? *perk*

This thread just got interesting...

Oh ok...I'll shush now.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-10-2015, 12:18 AM
Interesting thing.

So... something might be out there 'Terra-froming' (No idea what the correct term might be) an entire star system into providing what it needs.

And we think even wanting to be noticed by this is a good thing... why?

Please, don't misinterpret my meanings. I think it would be a grand/wonderful thing to see/meet a life from different from our own...

However.. we might simply be looking a something on the level of space fairing ant colony.....

Such that, when they might/do get here it'll be something like Heinlein's 'Star-ship Trooper' monsters or the Zerg as opposed to little grey/green 'men'.

The light we are seeing is from 1500 (Odd) years ago. Traveling even a fraction of the speed of light makes them much further behind than that? Who know is something isn't already being pushed out into the void to look for the next solar system to convert?

Heck.. they(It?) might simply do a 'Vogon' and clear away our solar system to allow for the collected power of two bigger solar system 'machines' to be combined and our tiny, insignificant speck of a sun is occluding the view of such. Tongue

Still... it's something to look at with wonder and it'll be amazing to read about what the Boffins work out might be going on. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
15-10-2015, 12:44 AM
I'll admit, I read 'Dyson Swarm' and my mind went immediately to a horde of vacuum cleaners... Undecided

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-10-2015, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2015 03:59 AM by Mathilda.)
I bought a Vax U90 last week. It's done a really good job. My Dyson is in Germany.

Anyway back to the OP. If we could demonstrate such an advanced culture existed it would also give more weight to the idea that interstellar travel is just not ever going to be practical and that there is no physical means possible to make it so.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
15-10-2015, 03:47 AM
I had a Kirby. It died of old age. Wink

It's a horde of terminators, man. They're sailing here on the solar winds. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
15-10-2015, 04:17 AM
(15-10-2015 03:47 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I had a Kirby. It died of old age. Wink

It's a horde of terminators, man. They're sailing here on the solar winds. Tongue

A Kirby? Are you sure it wasn't just hibernating? Those fuckers were built like tanks, and nearly as heavy! Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post