E-Ciggarets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2014, 04:32 PM
E-Ciggarets
I tried to quit smoking last week and failed miserably.

Now I am thinking of buying an e-cig.

But since there are no health studies and such I have no idea if that would be a good move.

Does someone here have expirience with that stuff?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2014, 04:34 PM
RE: E-Ciggarets
Only that everyone I know who uses them acts addicted to them....and also still smoke regular cigarettes too.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
29-04-2014, 05:03 PM
I think they are probably just another addiction BUT even though there haven't been studies done on their effects yet, I'm willing to bet they are still WAY healthier than cigarettes.

Best of luck, man. I'd try not to use it to wean yourself, not working so well for my husband ATM, I'd do just the e-cigs if you can.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
29-04-2014, 05:08 PM
It took me three attempts to switch from regular cigarettes to e-cigarettes. My lungs feel a ton better, there was an immediate, marked difference.

You still get the nicotine level of your choice, or you can get them without nicotine. I have a friend who quit over the course of a year just slowly lowering the nicotine level.

I would give them a positive review, although the long term effects are not studied.

They sure make life a lot easier for a smoker - you take as many puffs as you want and don't wait around to finish your cigarette, no ashtrays, when you are done you stick it in your pocket, no smell, your sense of smell comes back, and a lot more benefits.

Try them, it can't hurt. The flavor varies widely, there are a zillion flavors out there, find one you really like. If you don't enjoy them, it is most likely the wrong flavor or brand for you. Switching can be as difficult as switching to a different brand of cigarettes is.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
29-04-2014, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2014 08:17 PM by joben1.)
Been using them for 2+ years after having smoked for over 30 years. Worked immediately and haven't looked back. There were 3 smokers in my house and now there are 3 vapers. Worked immediately for them too. It has also worked for several of my close friends.

I didn't go onto them to get over my addiction to nicotine as it is one of my pleasures in life. It isn't the nicotine that kills but all the other crap in the stinkies. They CAN be used for quitting the nicotine as you can gradually reduce the nicotine content of the liquids you use, but I have found that most users just wanted a safer alternative.

This is a good place to get a general idea:

http://ukvapers.org/
29-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Thankfully one vice I gave up over 35 years ago was smoking.

I imagine the ritual aspect of e= cigs would help without the dangers....

Then again there is the expense. Perhaps a healthier addiction, like jogging?
29-04-2014, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2014 08:19 PM by joben1.)
(29-04-2014 04:34 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Only that everyone I know who uses them acts addicted to them....and also still smoke regular cigarettes too.

They ARE addicted - to nicotine, which is probably one of the safest addictions you can have. If they are smoking less because of the ecigs then that's a good thing (and I am willing to bet they are).

In the 2+ years I have been using them, I have smoked no more than 10 stinkies. I have interacted with many ecig users and this is generally the case. Why we have the very very occasional stinky is a little perplexing, but I imagine it's simply because of the many years we smoked them.

The only people I know who have tried them and failed, failed because they didn't have the right setup and/or they didn't find flavours that they liked enough. Finding the right flavour(s) is the biggest challenge. It took me a few months of testing to find my group of flavours. I first tried to find flavours as close to the tobacco flavour I was used to. Found a couple I liked but obviously not enough because I continued trying new flavours. I then went onto the fruit flavours, then the savoury flavours, and finally back to tobacco flavours. I now stick to a group of 5 flavours that I love and now have no need to try others. This is different for everyone.

The only problem is that it can become an expensive hobby. There are some vapers I know that have an extensive collection of ecigs (or mods as we call them). They can cost up to $200 - $300 each! They buy every new model that comes on the market lol. I was a bit like that at first; always wondering if there was a better setup, but I am happy with what I have now (although I DID see one the other day that I was seriously thinking of buying lol): http://www.p-vaper.co.uk/epages/es152439...cts/183[5]. I HAVE saved over £3000 by switching though.
[+] 1 user Likes joben1's post
30-04-2014, 07:52 AM
I found what I liked, but I still try new stuff here and there for the heck of it. I order them online, I use Green Smoke, they are most like a normal cigarette, I don't really like any of the vaping devices.

I am saving a ton of money too, my brand of tobacco cigarettes was one of the most expensive ones.

I do smoke less, it's because I can smoke whenever I want to and it's not constantly on my mind - I don't have to worry about when and where I will smoke my next cigarette.

The bans have served to make me more addicted - planning my day around cigarette breaks. Now that is all irrelevant and I find myself smoking a lot less and only as much as I want since there is no particular number of puffs. With tobacco, you smoke until the cigarette is gone. No one wants to smoke icky stubs, and you don't want to waste the expensive tobacco.

It's liberating and a lot healthier to smoke when and how much you want instead of hurrying to make use of every opportunity to get nicotine. I find that at first I went haywire and smoked a lot more, and then it tapered off to what I really wanted, which turned out to be significantly less.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
30-04-2014, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2014 11:50 AM by joben1.)
I get everything ecigwise on-line Dom. No shops around these parts. I have tons of bookmarks for ecig stuff.

Can't stand them cigalikes. I blame them for putting a lot of smokers off ecigs as they are just not powerful enough, and they are mostly not aware of the mods. Mind you, I am going back a bit - maybe they are better now.

When I go out on an evening with friends I constantly surprise myself at how little I vape compared to how much I smoked. I find myself spending more time in the pubs now and not feeling the urge to go outside and smoke so much. I know that you can vape in pubs legally here in the UK, but I don't do that. It just confuses matters and I agree with the pub landlords who don't allow it.
[+] 1 user Likes joben1's post
30-04-2014, 11:54 AM
I quit smoking years ago, but one of my BFF's smokes an e-cig. When I last visited her I couldn't understand why she just didn't quit smoking all together.

Your posts have helped me understand.

Thanks!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller