E-Ciggarets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2014, 12:02 PM
RE: E-Ciggarets
The cigalikes have improved exponentially. I remember years ago when the very first ones came out - I tried them - they were not very good. Now you can have a real smoke with them, they fit nicely in my pockets and I find the vaping thingies too unwieldy - they don't make them in lady's size. Also they are not as easy to refill, just change the filter out on a cigalike.

But - it's all a matter of personal preference, no right or wrong there.

I hear that the major tobacco cigarette brands are working on bringing out ecigs that taste like the original tobacco ones.. that might be interesting.

I think it's the beginning of the end for tobacco cigarettes... that will probably shrink to a very, very small percentage of smokers over the next few years.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2014, 12:23 PM
I tried one but it was too hard to light.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
02-05-2014, 06:47 AM
came across this article today, seemed appropriate for this thread.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness...hswaccount

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
02-05-2014, 07:01 AM
That about sums up what is known. I do think they should be regulated by the FDA for contents. But overall, they are much more benign than tobacco, and you can feel that almost instantly. Within a day your breathing improves.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
02-05-2014, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2014 04:41 PM by joben1.)
I would take their claim that those are facts with a pinch of salt. I am a member of several ecig forums and have never heard of anyone having an issue with nicotine poisoning. I would hazard a guess that those incidents mentioned were due to mixing their own eliquid which many people do. They buy pure nicotine, PG or VG and flavourings to make their own juices. That is hazardous but I wouldn't advise them not to do it as long as they use gloves and know what they are doing.

Regarding regulation of eliquid sellers - yes that should be done (and they already come under some regulation such as strict labelling requirements), but the big sellers have their own labs with health and safety a high priority. The FDA have been known to be rather free with the truth regarding the contents.
[+] 1 user Likes joben1's post
02-05-2014, 12:22 PM
As a nonsmoker, I gratefully applaud this technology! Clap I detest second hand smoke but I do not mind being around these devices at all!

Consider Does anyone know if insurance companies are providing incentives for these devices? If they currently don't, maybe they should start; they might be able to save millions in healthcare costs.

I wonder what this technology might do to heart disease, lung cancer, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, etc.,? I think it could only improve statics. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
05-05-2014, 08:08 PM
I've been cigarette free for almost a year now after switching to E-cigs.

If you are just starting off, do a bit of research into what you are gonna get.
If you go to the store dont let them convince you into buying a beginners kit, you'll be spending 40-60 bucks on junk that you'll have to replace anyways. Spend a little more up front and save a ton of cash later.

Do your research. Learn the terminology. Don't let the shops lead you to an easy sale.

IMHO, the best beginner set up is a Cartomizer tank w/an Ego battery (Smoktech DCT or anyother cartotank manufacturer). Simple set up (make sure you have someone show you how to prime the carto's), ease of use, and better flavor and vape than Clearomizer tanks.

Some of the best sites to get info on this subject...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com
http://www.tasteyourjuice.com

Switching to e-cigs is one of the best decisions I've made...and it has probably saved my life. Thumbsup
Send me a PM if you need more advice.

[Image: SaganPortrainWide.png]
A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism. -Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes LandShark's post
06-05-2014, 07:43 AM
(02-05-2014 12:22 PM)kim Wrote:  As a nonsmoker, I gratefully applaud this technology! Clap I detest second hand smoke but I do not mind being around these devices at all!

Consider Does anyone know if insurance companies are providing incentives for these devices? If they currently don't, maybe they should start; they might be able to save millions in healthcare costs.

I wonder what this technology might do to heart disease, lung cancer, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, etc.,? I think it could only improve statics. Shy

No, insurance companies haven't said a peep. Since there is no tobacco, as far as is known all the cancer causing compounds are not there. Nicotine is not known to be a cancer causing agent by itself.

There should be a marked improvement in smokers with emphysema and chronic bronchitis since these cigs don't appear to irritate the lungs. The long term effect, as in people not getting these diseases in the first place, should be amazing.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post