E3 Star Wars 1313

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2012, 02:28 AM
E3 Star Wars 1313
On spike TV, Star Wars 1313 was announced. More recently, at E3, they showed a few tiny bits of gameplay and a cut scene. From what I've seen, it looks like a decent game, but with what LucasArts has been putting out lately, I'm unsure as to whether or not to get my hopes up. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed was a decent game, but nothing like the amazing things that had been put out by LucasArts in the past. It seemed more like the Episode 3 movie film, to me. Star Wars: The Old Republic was a rather bold move by LucasArts. Though the game is incredible and I do play it myself, there are many flaws that scare away some of the original KOTOR fans, and they would have been much better received if they had simply put out KOTOR 3. The only thing I can say about Kinect Star Wars is that I, and most hard-core Star Wars fans were smart enough not to purchase it. The one game that they were actually smart enough to have in production, was Battlefront III, but even then they screwed it up and scrapped the project when Free Radical was almost finished with it.

I'm personally considering Star Wars 1313 to be LucasArt's last chance. They seem to be very out of tune as to what their fans want and love, and if they screw up this game, I'll simply give up on them.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/74194/s...-territory

What d'you guys think?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2012, 08:06 PM
RE: E3 Star Wars 1313
I saw the stage demo can't say it looks that impressive. In fact E3 has been a massive let down this year.

The play style looks similar to gears of war (not necessarily a bad thing as I'm a fan).

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
10-06-2012, 12:02 AM
(09-06-2012 08:06 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I saw the stage demo can't say it looks that impressive. In fact E3 has been a massive let down this year.

The play style looks similar to gears of war (not necessarily a bad thing as I'm a fan).
It wasn't -that- disappointing. There was Borderlands 2, and the TES MMO looks like a decent MMO if you're on the MMO scene. If you're a nintendo fan, there was Luigi's Mansion 2. It wasn't incredible, but it was sufficient.
10-06-2012, 06:19 AM
(10-06-2012 12:02 AM)pppgggr Wrote:  It wasn't -that- disappointing. There was Borderlands 2, and the TES MMO looks like a decent MMO if you're on the MMO scene. If you're a nintendo fan, there was Luigi's Mansion 2. It wasn't incredible, but it was sufficient.

I've never been a fan of mmos. I don't believe in paying to play something you've already paid for.

It was even the games I've been a fan of for a while left me dissapointed. Dead space 3 looks like a generic 3rd person shooter Instead of the horror that made it awesome. Why put in coop to ruin the feel of the game. Nothing is as creepy when playing with a friend. I'm not excited about the new gears game. As a fan it should have been left as a trilogy, I've got the feeling epic doesn't know where to go now so will drag the gears series out untill it no longer sells.

I will admit halo 4 looks interesting. And the last of us makes me wish my brothers ps3 was still working. But in general I've felt that E3 has been disappointing this year.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]