E4U - Robotics discussion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2013, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 06:48 PM by Misenhelter.)
E4U - Robotics discussion
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/h...59928.html I personally like the design and the idea. But, it's not like we're becoming lazier and lazier already... I honestly don't know many places this could be used, with the two back legs extending like that. It's a very light machine, only 176 pounds, as much as I weigh. I can bench that thing. I don't see it being very safe, although it only does go up to 17 mph so it doesn't really NEED all the safety features.. Anyways, thoughts on modern robotics and how it could transform technology and society as a whole?

"My nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight." - Marcus Luttrell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: E4U - Robotics discussion
(09-04-2013 06:38 PM)Misenhelter Wrote:  http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/h...59928.html I personally like the design and the idea. But, it's not like we're becoming lazier and lazier already... I honestly don't know many places this could be used, with the two back legs extending like that. It's a very light machine, only 176 pounds, as much as I weigh. I can bench that thing. I don't see it being very safe, although it only does go up to 17 mph so it doesn't really NEED all the safety features.. Anyways, thoughts on modern robotics and how it could transform technology and society as a whole?

It looks like a pissed off cartoon bee. Maybe that's why there's so many safety features in it? Consider

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply