EA, Revs, and tornados

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2017, 08:58 PM
RE: EA, Revs, and tornados
Holy fuck, the place we just went to eat was soooo fucking good. Thought I was gonna melt into the floor. Drooling

Cafe Du Monde for breakfast this morning was fantastic (their coffee is amazing - strong but not bitter and it went so well with the decadently sweet beignets), went to Domilise's for po'boys for lunch, and then tonight we went to Huck Finn's Cafe. Rev was more adventurous than me and got this New Orleans sampler/tour type dinner that had gumbo and red beans and rice (among other things - I can't remember what the others were) but I tried them all (they were all great). I had what they called a Nola burger and it had roast beef and cheese on it. So good. Heart

New Orleans has not disappointed at all. You know sometimes you go to a destination expecting one thing and then get another, but New Orleans has been everything we could have hoped it'd be. This has been an awesome first vacation together. ^__^

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Escape Artist's post
08-02-2017, 09:09 PM
(08-02-2017 08:58 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Holy fuck, the place we just went to eat was soooo fucking good. Thought I was gonna melt into the floor. Drooling

Cafe Du Monde for breakfast this morning was fantastic (their coffee is amazing - strong but not bitter and it went so well with the decadently sweet beignets), went to Domilise's for po'boys for lunch, and then tonight we went to Huck Finn's Cafe. Rev was more adventurous than me and got this New Orleans sampler/tour type dinner that had gumbo and red beans and rice (among other things - I can't remember what the others were) but I tried them all (they were all great). I had what they called a Nola burger and it had roast beef and cheese on it. So good. Heart

New Orleans has not disappointed at all. You know sometimes you go to a destination expecting one thing and then get another, but New Orleans has been everything we could have hoped it'd be. This has been an awesome first vacation together. ^__^

Two words: Crawfish etouffee

[Image: CrawfishEtouffeePlate.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
08-02-2017, 09:11 PM
Told y'all Nawlenz wuz Ight. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
08-02-2017, 09:19 PM
(08-02-2017 09:09 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(08-02-2017 08:58 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Holy fuck, the place we just went to eat was soooo fucking good. Thought I was gonna melt into the floor. Drooling

Two words: Crawfish etouffee

[Image: CrawfishEtouffeePlate.jpg]

That was the other thing he had. Smile Also, there was jambalaya on his sampler plate too. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
09-02-2017, 08:20 AM
Make sure you find someone local on your way back through Lafayette (on I-10 halfway between Baton Rouge and the Texas border), and ask them where to get good boudin (boo'-dan). You can't have taken the true tour of Louisiana cuisine unless you've had some. I recommend shrimp or crawfish boudin, but all varieties are excellent, such as pork or beef. If you're not accustomed to cayenne pepper or spicy food in general, make sure to find out if they make mild, but in truth it's rarely very hot. It may be the best food on earth. It's bought by the pound, and I recommend you buy a pound to try, and see if you like it, so you can buy more before you drive away. Big Grin

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post