EA's Top 10 List of Fears as they Pertain to Rev's Arrival in Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2015, 03:14 PM
RE: EA's Top 10 List of Fears as they Pertain to Rev's Arrival in Texas
A test run to DFW airport isn't a bad idea. They have been working on the roads around there for years now and it's a mess to get around. Even a GPS won't necessarily help because there are so many detours.

Don't know who you pull for, make sure you have a Longhorns shirt or a Texans shirt and/or a ten gallon hat for him so people won't realize that 'he ain't from around here'. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
09-07-2015, 03:19 PM
Haha, made me laugh!

You guys will be just fine.....Heart

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
09-07-2015, 03:37 PM
(09-07-2015 03:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  A test run to DFW airport isn't a bad idea. They have been working on the roads around there for years now and it's a mess to get around. Even a GPS won't necessarily help because there are so many detours.

Don't know who you pull for, make sure you have a Longhorns shirt or a Texans shirt and/or a ten gallon hat for him so people won't realize that 'he ain't from around here'. Tongue

Actually, he's gonna be coming in to Love Field (we want to do Southwest Airlines) so not sure what advice you might have on that one. Blush

We'll see, anyway. Plans could change. Yes

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
09-07-2015, 03:53 PM
(09-07-2015 03:37 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 03:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  A test run to DFW airport isn't a bad idea. They have been working on the roads around there for years now and it's a mess to get around. Even a GPS won't necessarily help because there are so many detours.

Actually, he's gonna be coming in to Love Field (we want to do Southwest Airlines) so not sure what advice you might have on that one. Blush

We'll see, anyway. Plans could change. Yes

You can pretty much just run 35 up to Love Field. Just plan your route. Downtown Dallas is pretty confusing - you need to be in the correct lane and ready to 'drive like a Texan'. Allow yourself a little extra time.

They have done some work at Love but I think most of it's completed. I hear on the radio that parking can be an issue but I think they are resolving that.

Watch signs carefully. You'll be right in the Harry Hines area where you can find the best medical care, all the shady ethnic shops, and hookers. Tongue

A GPS should get you right to it. Time of day will be a big factor. I have made a pact with myself to never drive on roads that end with 5 around DFW. But sometimes you can't help it. They seem to be parking lots or speedways, there's not middle ground.

You'll be fine.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
09-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Love this thread! Big Grin Heart do you guys have a date set or anything?

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 6 users Like Smercury44's post
09-07-2015, 04:24 PM
(09-07-2015 03:02 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 02:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ... and if Revs has bad breath? What then?

Angel

Tongue

Heh, I think I might be more nervous about a first kiss than a first anything else, oddly enough. Blush

Anything else?
So I wonder about the nervousness level at the first "Mum, Dad ... this is Revs, the future father of your atheist grandchildren".

Consider

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
09-07-2015, 04:30 PM
I was so nervous when Near came up the first time.

But you know what? The minute I saw him in person it all went away and it just felt right.

I bet the same happens for you. Smile
[+] 9 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
09-07-2015, 04:37 PM
I don't know either of you personally, but here's how I see it going down. (More or less.)

Revs will arrive, a little tired and stiff from the trip. (Stiff joints, not the other stiff, you pervs.) EA will smile so big her cheeks will hurt. He'll open his arms and she'll run like you see in the movies. They'll hug just before bones will crack.

Revs will engage her in conversation, knowing he has to (she's looking a bit shy). At first, EA will be quiet, then she'll go into the giggly stage. Then Revs will say something outlandishly goofy or he'll fart, and that'll open up the real conversation.

Then years from now, they'll laugh about that day and have two different versions of it.
[+] 9 users Like Clockwork's post
09-07-2015, 04:51 PM
(09-07-2015 04:22 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Love this thread! Big Grin Heart do you guys have a date set or anything?

Well, I am taking off work for a couple of weeks in September (the weeks of the 6th and the 13th) so, around there if everything goes okay. It's kind of gonna be a mad dash from here on out. Blush

I gotta make my practice run up to Dallas soon (just purchased a gps to be shipped sometime next week) - like, real soon. Hobo Then it's running all over hell's creation looking for a place to rent, and then getting all utilities set up and.... *whew* Yeah, gonna be crazy.

(09-07-2015 04:24 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 03:02 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Tongue

Heh, I think I might be more nervous about a first kiss than a first anything else, oddly enough. Blush

Anything else?
So I wonder about the nervousness level at the first "Mum, Dad ... this is Revs, the future father of your atheist grandchildren".

Consider

Oh god, there are not enough orders of magnitude to describe the level of nervousness I have about that. They tend not to approve of anything I do, though, so meh. At least, I am trying to be meh.

And I hope I used "orders of magnitude" correctly. Been listening to Dawkins and wanted to borrow the phrase. Shy

(09-07-2015 04:30 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I was so nervous when Near came up the first time.

But you know what? The minute I saw him in person it all went away and it just felt right.

I bet the same happens for you. Smile

Thanks for sharing that. Hug I am hoping that's how it'll be for us. Heart

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
09-07-2015, 04:53 PM
What a morning. I wake up and read the rant thread and people I care for are sick.

Then I read this thread, having no idea this relationship was taking place. It just made me feel a bit better.

Damn people, I really care about you. I am so hoping this goes well.

Good luck to you both. HeartHeartHeart

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post