EA's Top 10 List of Fears as they Pertain to Rev's Arrival in Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2015, 11:06 AM
RE: EA's Top 10 List of Fears as they Pertain to Rev's Arrival in Texas
(09-07-2015 11:43 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  1. That the first thing I will say to him is, "Can I play with your beard?" Blush

Plot twist: Rev shaves the day before. Wink

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
10-07-2015, 11:24 AM
(10-07-2015 11:06 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 11:43 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  1. That the first thing I will say to him is, "Can I play with your beard?" Blush

Gasp NO!!

I mean, trimming up is okay, but he would never show up completely clean-shaven. Sad And not just because I would be very upset if he did. Sleepy

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
10-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Ha, I remember when I was going to visit my GF from a distant train ride one time, I shaved my head, not bald shaved but buzz shaved down from long hair I had at the time. I think her friends were more shocked by it than she was because she liked the hair style either way as long as I still had some type of beard Consider

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
10-07-2015, 03:21 PM
(10-07-2015 11:06 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  

He better not!

He'd be a sinner!
Leviticus 19:27: "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard."

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
12-07-2015, 08:25 AM
(10-07-2015 01:17 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Ha, I remember when I was going to visit my GF from a distant train ride one time, I shaved my head, not bald shaved but buzz shaved down from long hair I had at the time. I think her friends were more shocked by it than she was because she liked the hair style either way as long as I still had some type of beard Consider

Heh, I am the same way. Big Grin Sometimes Rev will buzz all his hair completely off and sometimes just let it do what it will (though still not letting it get super-long or anything) and I'm fine and dandy with either. Just so long as he still has the facial hair. Heart

12-07-2015, 01:35 PM
Is there any way y'all could make my parents disappear for the next couple months or so while I'm finding a place and moving and all? And then if you could make them reappear after Rev is here? That'd be great.

12-07-2015, 02:18 PM
(12-07-2015 01:35 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Is there any way y'all could make my parents disappear for the next couple months or so while I'm finding a place and moving and all? And then if you could make them reappear after Rev is here? That'd be great.

You're worried about your parents? Mom and Dad this is Rev. He's from Maryland. He'll be staying with us for a while.

[Image: pagan.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-07-2015, 02:33 PM
(12-07-2015 02:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 01:35 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Is there any way y'all could make my parents disappear for the next couple months or so while I'm finding a place and moving and all? And then if you could make them reappear after Rev is here? That'd be great.

You're worried about your parents? Mom and Dad this is Rev. He's from Maryland. He'll be staying with us for a while.

[Image: pagan.jpg]

They're just... annoying. When they find out I'm looking for a place to move out to, they'll ask how much money I have saved up. If I tell them, they'll say I haven't saved up enough. If I don't answer, they'll assume the same thing.

They don't want me to move to town, they want me to live where it's "safer" in "Podunkville" because they all hate town and they don't want people "living on top of them" - never mind I am an entirely different person with different opinions.

My mom will find something wrong with whatever place I pick. They somehow think I make gobs more money than I actually do and therefore anything less than the Taj Mahal will be met with her disapproval.

In short, anything I do they just don't like it, don't approve of it, and even when they finally realize I am going to do what I want regardless of what they say, you can still feel the disapproval a mile away. I wish they'd either just not give a shit about me at all or that they'd just smile and nod and be happy for me.

I'll get over it. I just wish they'd all disappear or keep their mouths shut during this process so I can do what I need to do with minimal stress.

ETA: As far as Rev goes, I've just got my mind set on "They won't like him" so as to maybe, hopefully, manage my expectations. I wish they would see that I'm happy and that that would be enough for them, but it isn't. Unless I were to fall in line like a sheep and just do whatever they want me to, they won't be pleased.

12-07-2015, 02:37 PM
You are going to have to just make your decisions and to hell with their criticisms.

It's time to move out and move on. You can't live to make other people happy. Smile when they complain and just keep going.

Edit - they don't have to like Rev - but you can require they be cordial.

It's you and the kids that matter.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
12-07-2015, 02:39 PM
(12-07-2015 02:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You are going to have to just make your decisions and to hell with their criticisms.

It's time to move out and move on. You can't live to make other people happy. Smile when they complain and just keep going.

I know. It just hurts, is all. I feel like I hurt them, just by being me. Sad If I didn't care about them, it'd be no big deal to do my own thing.