EA's Top 10 List of Fears as they Pertain to Rev's Arrival in Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2015, 02:42 PM
RE: EA's Top 10 List of Fears as they Pertain to Rev's Arrival in Texas
(12-07-2015 02:39 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 02:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You are going to have to just make your decisions and to hell with their criticisms.

It's time to move out and move on. You can't live to make other people happy. Smile when they complain and just keep going.

I know. It just hurts, is all. I feel like I hurt them, just by being me. Sad If I didn't care about them, it'd be no big deal to do my own thing.

That means it's really time to move out. You aren't required to be what they think you should be.

Rev - damn it - speak up dude!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
12-07-2015, 02:49 PM
(12-07-2015 02:33 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 02:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're worried about your parents? Mom and Dad this is Rev. He's from Maryland. He'll be staying with us for a while.

[Image: pagan.jpg]

They're just... annoying. When they find out I'm looking for a place to move out to, they'll ask how much money I have saved up. If I tell them, they'll say I haven't saved up enough. If I don't answer, they'll assume the same thing.

They don't want me to move to town, they want me to live where it's "safer" in "Podunkville" because they all hate town and they don't want people "living on top of them" - never mind I am an entirely different person with different opinions.

My mom will find something wrong with whatever place I pick. They somehow think I make gobs more money than I actually do and therefore anything less than the Taj Mahal will be met with her disapproval.

In short, anything I do they just don't like it, don't approve of it, and even when they finally realize I am going to do what I want regardless of what they say, you can still feel the disapproval a mile away. I wish they'd either just not give a shit about me at all or that they'd just smile and nod and be happy for me.

I'll get over it. I just wish they'd all disappear or keep their mouths shut during this process so I can do what I need to do with minimal stress.

ETA: As far as Rev goes, I've just got my mind set on "They won't like him" so as to maybe, hopefully, manage my expectations. I wish they would see that I'm happy and that that would be enough for them, but it isn't. Unless I were to fall in line like a sheep and just do whatever they want me to, they won't be pleased.

Sounds like they're making excuses because they don't want you to leave. After Revs gives them a big old Maryland bear hug they won't want him to leave either. Don't the properties in Waco usually have like 3 or 4 houses on them? Maybe you and Rev could move to one of the old slave quarters and fix it up?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-07-2015, 02:51 PM
(12-07-2015 02:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 02:33 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  They're just... annoying. When they find out I'm looking for a place to move out to, they'll ask how much money I have saved up. If I tell them, they'll say I haven't saved up enough. If I don't answer, they'll assume the same thing.

They don't want me to move to town, they want me to live where it's "safer" in "Podunkville" because they all hate town and they don't want people "living on top of them" - never mind I am an entirely different person with different opinions.

My mom will find something wrong with whatever place I pick. They somehow think I make gobs more money than I actually do and therefore anything less than the Taj Mahal will be met with her disapproval.

In short, anything I do they just don't like it, don't approve of it, and even when they finally realize I am going to do what I want regardless of what they say, you can still feel the disapproval a mile away. I wish they'd either just not give a shit about me at all or that they'd just smile and nod and be happy for me.

I'll get over it. I just wish they'd all disappear or keep their mouths shut during this process so I can do what I need to do with minimal stress.

ETA: As far as Rev goes, I've just got my mind set on "They won't like him" so as to maybe, hopefully, manage my expectations. I wish they would see that I'm happy and that that would be enough for them, but it isn't. Unless I were to fall in line like a sheep and just do whatever they want me to, they won't be pleased.

Sounds like they're making excuses because they don't want you to leave. After Revs gives them a big old Maryland bear hug they won't want him to leave either. Don't the properties in Waco usually have like 3 or 4 houses on them? Maybe you and Rev could move to one the slave quarters?

Laugh out load Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
12-07-2015, 03:09 PM
(12-07-2015 02:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 02:39 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I know. It just hurts, is all. I feel like I hurt them, just by being me. Sad If I didn't care about them, it'd be no big deal to do my own thing.

That means it's really time to move out. You aren't required to be what they think you should be.

What do you think I have told her over and over? I wish her folks would be a little supportive of her but well if wishes were fishes...

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-07-2015, 03:11 PM
(12-07-2015 03:09 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 02:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  That means it's really time to move out. You aren't required to be what they think you should be.

What do you think I have told her over and over? I wish her folks would be a little supportive of her but well if wishes were fishes...

Hug them into submission. That's what I'd do.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-07-2015, 03:12 PM
(12-07-2015 03:09 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 02:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  That means it's really time to move out. You aren't required to be what they think you should be.

It's true. He has told me that over and over. Blush

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
12-07-2015, 03:13 PM
(12-07-2015 03:12 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 03:09 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  What do you think I have told her over and over? I wish her folks would be a little supportive of her but well if wishes were fishes...

It's true. He has told me that over and over. Blush

Do we have to do a poll to see how many people here agree? Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-07-2015, 05:06 PM
(12-07-2015 03:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 03:12 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  It's true. He has told me that over and over. Blush

No we don't need a poll. Blush I just have to make myself not worry about what they think and not let it sour what is an exciting time in my life. Easier said than done, but still. Shy

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
12-07-2015, 05:14 PM
I ship it.

Lol why am I nervous about it.

Smile Heart

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
12-07-2015, 10:08 PM
(12-07-2015 03:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 03:12 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  It's true. He has told me that over and over. Blush

Do I sense a thread opportunity?
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post