EA's Top 10 List of Fears as they Pertain to Rev's Arrival in Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: EA's Top 10 List of Fears as they Pertain to Rev's Arrival in Texas
(20-07-2015 02:08 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 11:40 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Jesus I'm getting impatient. Hobo Weeping

impatient to DIDDLE REV????????

She's gonna molest me in the airport. Shocking

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
20-07-2015, 06:55 PM
(20-07-2015 03:22 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 02:08 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  impatient to DIDDLE REV????????

At least it will be way more fun than the molesting at the hands of the TSA.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
23-07-2015, 07:31 AM
(20-07-2015 03:22 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 02:08 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  impatient to DIDDLE REV????????

Angel

23-07-2015, 07:43 AM
(23-07-2015 07:31 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(20-07-2015 03:22 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  She's gonna molest me in the airport. Shocking

Angel

Since when did you work for the TSA?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
28-07-2015, 11:17 AM
This weekend kicks off my search for a place to live (apartment, duplex, townhouse, whatevs). Little nervous, but mostly excited.

No-fucking-body better try to take advantage of me. Dodgy

28-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Try to check on rates in different locations on the interwebz - there will be photos to give you an idea of proximately what to expect, both condition and money wise.

Set a target monthly expenditure and stick to it.
Making a list of wants/don't wants is a good idea.
Don't go with the first place you look at but, if it hits all your "wants" with zero "don't wants", you might tell the person showing you the place that you will decide and call within X hours.

SOooo much is about location. Example - you want to be near work/school (favorite bar/whatever) but if prices are too high there, would a neighborhood only slightly further out be manageable?

About the parents - they've had their life. Don't pass up your chance to have yours. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
28-07-2015, 12:20 PM
I gotta get my fucking head on straight. Jesus. I'm already nervous and worried about money. And it's also hard work keeping my hopes down. That's right, keeping hopes down. So somehow my fucking head has me thinking completely negatively and yet I'm also having to stomp Miss Dumbassedly-Optimistic down into the ground lest she rear her stupid optimistic head too much. You get too excited, you're signing up for certain disappointment. Learned that one too many times.

What it must be like to have your head actually screwed on right. That'd be nice.

28-07-2015, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2015 12:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-07-2015 11:17 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  This weekend kicks off my search for a place to live (apartment, duplex, townhouse, whatevs). Little nervous, but mostly excited.

You should expand your search to Maryland. Happiness is Wackos Ain't Coming Out in your rearview mirror. Just sayin'.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-07-2015, 12:37 PM
(28-07-2015 12:20 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I gotta get my fucking head on straight. Jesus. I'm already nervous and worried about money. And it's also hard work keeping my hopes down. That's right, keeping hopes down. So somehow my fucking head has me thinking completely negatively and yet I'm also having to stomp Miss Dumbassedly-Optimistic down into the ground lest she rear her stupid optimistic head too much. You get too excited, you're signing up for certain disappointment. Learned that one too many times.

What it must be like to have your head actually screwed on right. That'd be nice.

Focus on something else.... and just one, single thing at a time.
Focus on your housing situation. You don't want to get taken advantage of - you said so yourself - so, make certain all your ducks are in a row. Leave no space open for someone to take advantage of you: Do your research.

Plan the money. Plan the location. Plan the condition of the place. Do you want a basement apartment? Do you want upper floor? How high - first floor, third floor, forty first floor? Details. Plan, plan, plan.

Lay it out like bricks. Research and planning will take your mind off a lot of shit and help you focus on everything in a practical way. It will keep your head out of the clouds and will help keep a positive goal to focus on.

Don't be a nervous nell. You can do this. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
28-07-2015, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2015 12:54 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-07-2015 12:20 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I gotta get my fucking head on straight. Jesus. I'm already nervous and worried about money. And it's also hard work keeping my hopes down. That's right, keeping hopes down. So somehow my fucking head has me thinking completely negatively and yet I'm also having to stomp Miss Dumbassedly-Optimistic down into the ground lest she rear her stupid optimistic head too much. You get too excited, you're signing up for certain disappointment. Learned that one too many times.

Sounds like you got your head screwed on right. In my experience over exuberance in looking for a place to live is interpreted by real estate agents as desperation which is easily exploited. Told my son that buying a house in Westminster MD was a bad idea. "You're an IT guy. Westminster ain't a hub for IT. You're looking at a 1-2 hour commute each way." He was desperate so I cosigned against my better judgement. 3 years later "I can't handle this 4 hour commute each day." "I told you not to buy in Westminster and I sure as shit ain't taking a loss on it. Next time you might want to listen to your dad."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus