EA's Top 10 List of Fears as they Pertain to Rev's Arrival in Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2015, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2015 03:04 PM by Escape Artist.)
RE: EA's Top 10 List of Fears as they Pertain to Rev's Arrival in Texas
I think I have all the research done pretty well.

I know exactly where I want to be. Not as narrow as a certain street or anything, but I know the neighborhood I want to be in. And I've lived there before and really liked it. It's quiet with reasonably-priced housing, and it's a family-friendly area. Unlike the Baylor area where shit is expensive as fuck and there's noisy college kids around and no parks to speak of and you get a ritzy area right next to a shady area of town. I work real close to Baylor, but even in the neighborhood I want to be in, we're talking a 15 minute "commute" tops.

Probably I'm looking at a duplex or townhouse, *maybe* an apartment and if I go with the latter, I'd want an upstairs place (there aren't really any high-rise apartments here - you're either upstairs or downstairs; ditto for basements - we don't have basements in Texas to speak of).

I have had my budget mapped out for months on end and have checked it over many a time. I know what I can afford, what I can stretch to if need be, and what would be a good bargain for me. Unfortunately, I gotta pretty much go with a 2 bedroom place - 3 bedrooms pushes me just a bit too far out of my budget. My kids are far enough apart in age and one's a teenager and they are opposite sex, so truly they need their own rooms, but I'd price myself into a bind if I got a 3 bdrm place. Sucks, but I do only have the kids every other week, so we'll make it work.

I just have to be careful not to get my heart set on a place, or to let the person showing me the place see me get too excited. I don't want to get duped or anything.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
28-07-2015, 11:12 PM
Sounds like you have everything under control - pull that confidence to the surface. Thumbsup

Work on your nonchalant, fairly disinterested, poker face ... be that easy, laid back person you know you can be. But DO look at lots of places before you decide. You'll be great! Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
07-09-2015, 10:49 AM
(09-07-2015 04:51 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 04:22 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Love this thread! Big Grin Heart do you guys have a date set or anything?

Well, I am taking off work for a couple of weeks in September (the weeks of the 6th and the 13th) so, around there if everything goes okay.

Laughat Silly, stupid EA. The vacation is here and Revs is not. So tired of disappointment. Fuck you, universe. Dodgy

07-09-2015, 11:07 AM
(07-09-2015 10:49 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 04:51 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Well, I am taking off work for a couple of weeks in September (the weeks of the 6th and the 13th) so, around there if everything goes okay.

Laughat Silly, stupid EA. The vacation is here and Revs is not. So tired of disappointment. Fuck you, universe. Dodgy

Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
07-09-2015, 11:48 AM
Thanks, Smerc. I'm being a bit of a sourpuss today. Undecided

07-09-2015, 11:57 AM
(07-09-2015 10:49 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 04:51 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Well, I am taking off work for a couple of weeks in September (the weeks of the 6th and the 13th) so, around there if everything goes okay.

Hopefully you will find him on your Thanksgiving table or under your Christmas tree...if not before. Blush

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-09-2015, 02:52 PM
Hug

Maybe he'll show up at your door for Halloween?

Seriously hugs to you both, I'm sure he feels it as much as you.

Heart Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-09-2015, 03:06 PM
(07-09-2015 02:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hug

Maybe he'll show up at your door for Halloween?

Seriously hugs to you both, I'm sure he feels it as much as you.

Heart Heart

Thanks, Moms. Hug

We'll get him here. It just feels like it's taking forever. Our two-year anniversary is coming up in November, so I really really hope he can be here before then. Shy

07-09-2015, 03:16 PM
(07-09-2015 11:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 10:49 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Laughat Silly, stupid EA. The vacation is here and Revs is not. So tired of disappointment. Fuck you, universe. Dodgy

Hopefully you will find him on your Thanksgiving table or under your Christmas tree...if not before. Blush

Before then, I hope. Maybe by Halloween. Big Grin

07-09-2015, 04:04 PM
(07-09-2015 11:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 10:49 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Laughat Silly, stupid EA. The vacation is here and Revs is not. So tired of disappointment. Fuck you, universe. Dodgy

Excuse me, but we eat babies, not other adults for Thanksgiving.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post