EA's Top 10 List of Fears as they Pertain to Rev's Arrival in Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2015, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 03:27 PM by Escape Artist.)
RE: EA's Top 10 List of Fears as they Pertain to Rev's Arrival in Texas
Went to a viewing of a townhouse in a nice little neighborhood today. 2 bedrooms, 2.5 baths. It needs some updates, for sure, but luckily as soon as I walked in, the owner of the leasing company (who was showing me around) started talking about all the things they're gonna update before they move a new tenant in (rip up the carpets and put down tile or wood flooring in its place, replace all blinds, replace light fixtures, new coat of paint, etc.). They've been very friendly and prompt thus far so I felt good about that, too. The guy actually knows the CEO of the company I work for, so maybe that'll help my chances? Maybe. Shy

They take care of the yardwork which is awesome 'cause neither Revs nor I like doing that all that much. The townhouse is on a cul-de-sac so no thru-traffic (woot!), it's got some nice mature trees around, and we'd be the middle unit (of three attached townhomes) so fewer exposed walls should mean lower heating and cooling bills. Both bedrooms upstairs have en-suites so that's pretty awesome. I think the kids should like that. Smile The master bedroom windows look onto the street and are nicely shaded by the large tree out front. Big Grin The half-bath downstairs is nice for guests. Yes

We would have a carport out back w/ two spaces. Heh, and the townhouse is close enough to the nearby Wal-Mart that we'd pick up on their wifi there. Tongue I'm pretty excited. Blush And trying not to be too very much so. Shy

I turn in an application on Monday and have asked to see the place again after they update it before I'll sign off on a lease. Wish me luck. My heart is getting set on this place, dammit. Hobo

There are other fish in the sea if need be, EA. Other fish in the sea. Yes

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Escape Artist's post
22-09-2015, 07:40 PM
Well, the townhouse mentioned above did not work out. Someone swooped in and put a deposit down on the place before it was updated, so I lost out. Undecided

Anyway, went apartment-hunting over the weekend and am gonna turn in an app on a place tomorrow. I am hoping it works out. Move-in date would be around November, which... Sad Would love Rev to be here sooner than that, but we'll see. I've got a couple other apartment complexes in reserve if this one doesn't work out.

Wish us luck!!!! Big Grin

[+] 4 users Like Escape Artist's post
22-09-2015, 07:42 PM
(22-09-2015 07:40 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Well, the townhouse mentioned above did not work out. Someone swooped in and put a deposit down on the place before it was updated, so I lost out. Undecided

Anyway, went apartment-hunting over the weekend and am gonna turn in an app on a place tomorrow. I am hoping it works out. Move-in date would be around November, which... Sad Would love Rev to be here sooner than that, but we'll see. I've got a couple other apartment complexes in reserve if this one doesn't work out.

Luck!! Hug Heart

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
22-09-2015, 08:11 PM
Good luck!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-09-2015, 08:42 PM
(22-09-2015 07:40 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Well, the townhouse mentioned above did not work out. Someone swooped in and put a deposit down on the place before it was updated, so I lost out. Undecided

Good luck!
Consider
But ya know, if you can't find a place with a foundation, you could always spring for a love machine! Shy
[Image: vw-van.jpg]
Leave the kids at grandmaws, and role around Texas playing Horny Hobos till you get approved for some place! Laugh out load
Or just keep doin what your doin! Tongue
Hug

[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post
23-09-2015, 12:10 AM
To be fair, when I read the title, I was left wondering why in the hell Electronic Arts feared Rev's ability to do anything; let alone arrive in Texas. Undecided

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-09-2015, 01:44 AM
(23-09-2015 12:10 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  To be fair, when I read the title, I was left wondering why in the hell Electronic Arts feared Rev's ability to do anything; let alone arrive in Texas. Undecided

That should tell you that you spend too much time playing games. But then again, I thought something similar when I read the title.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
23-09-2015, 03:01 AM
(23-09-2015 01:44 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 12:10 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  To be fair, when I read the title, I was left wondering why in the hell Electronic Arts feared Rev's ability to do anything; let alone arrive in Texas. Undecided

That should tell you that you spend too much time playing games. But then again, I thought something similar when I read the title.

Either that, or I think Rev might possibly be a threat to Electronic Arts. They do have a studio or two in Austin I think. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
23-09-2015, 10:12 AM
I've got to get a place soon. Making myself sick with worry. Confused

23-09-2015, 11:36 AM
(23-09-2015 10:12 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I've got to get a place soon. Making myself sick with worry. Confused

Hug

I hope you find something soon too.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces